So... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So...

PeteCalvin said:
Will you leave me your PBR collection?

Of course. Half to you and half to joe college. Its only fair

You hit the nail on the head, Napier is a senior guard, Kemba stayed 3 years at uconn. We keep getting these great guards who only stay a year or two.
Undersized 2 guards stay because they don't have a choice. Which actually goes to one of my main criticisms of the zone - the guys who stay in school are little guards and undersized post players. Exactly the guys who we dont recruit because they make for a crappy zone.

It's a one and done tournament. People assign too much meaning to the biggest crapshoot in sports.
Yes...and so what's your point? Ask the Buffalo Bills about crapshoots. Arguably one of the best teams in NFL history is basically overlooked because they couldn't close the deal...four straight years. Sucks that they're looked at as an afterthought, but that's the standard. Its the way the game is literally played. Certain programs have gotten much better results in the one-&-done scenario, while we've primarily feasted during the regular season and faltered in March. Too much meaning? Absolutely. No one said it was fair.

Yes...and so what's your point? Ask the Buffalo Bills about crapshoots. Arguably one of the best teams in NFL history is basically overlooked because they couldn't close the deal...four straight years. Sucks that they're looked at as an afterthought, but that's the standard. Its the way the game is literally played. Certain programs have gotten much better results in the one-&-done scenario, while we've primarily feasted during the regular season and faltered in March. Too much meaning? Absolutely. No one said it was fair.

And also, it's why logical people assign value to making the sweet 16, great 8, and final 4. Getting to the round of 32 matters to Harvard, and to the 64 to Albany, but to Syracuse it's about 16s. The 8s are a momentous occasion. It would be fantastic to to get an 8 every 4 years and a 4 every 6 years or so. We're running at about 10. Pretty much for it to be considered a golden age, you need one final 4, a couple great 8s, and a few more 16s.

Millhouse said:
no one said that in 2003
Really? Everyone knows Arizona and Kansas were the best teams. We were fortunate to survive ok state.

In the past three weeks we've choked away a chance at being a protected seed and MSG, lost in our first ACC tourney game, lost to Dayton i. The ncaas st essentially a home game in the ncaas, had our stud PG who we thought would be here for at least two years declare for the NBA, watched uconn go to the final four after holding a garden party, and our beloved top assistant is likely mulling a chance to jump ship to a league rival in the same section if the country where he's had great recruiting success for us.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the top floor of Destiny USA preparing for a swan dive into the Easter Bunny.
25-0 seems soooooooo far away...