Some thoughts going into camp | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Some thoughts going into camp

I thought Vet played very good at RT last season and I've said as much. I feel good about him at the position.

There is soo much hype on Cruz (deserved or not) that if he were superior to Vet he would be starting.

Then I’d move Vet to another spot with all the cross training they do.

I get that they out-talent us - but they lost both coordinators and had a really bad offense last year. We lost by 3, decided at the end of the game.

I'm not scared of them.

I agree that last season we should have beat them. This year we're on the road, and they literally have an NFL defensive line to go along with some great LB's. Beating them would take a near perfect effort.

I agree that last season we should have beat them. This year we're on the road, and they literally have an NFL defensive line to go along with some great LB's. Beating them would take a near perfect effort.
It will be tough. They had an NFL DL last year. They were in the top 5 defensively most of the year - and Tucker still had a decent game.

Their offense was broken last year. We’ll see.

I don’t know why everyone is getting on Vet. He graded overall higher than Davis and Ellis last year and better as a pass blocker than Bleich.
I think it was the early part of the season people remember. He struggled a bit but when moved he came on strong.

If SU had won one more game last year, and gone bowling, I think everyone would be on board for a possible great year this year. One game. One game was so incredibly close. One FG. One player at a position of critical need stays for the entire season. One blown call. GS not getting hurt against VT.

We all know we could have lost close games too, but from a perception standpoint, not getting to 6 wins last year has clouded the potential for this year.

I’m expecting a winning season and a bowl.

Last edited:
outside of Clemson and ND, this team could beat or lose to any other team on the schedule. So the path is every other team.

I'm convinced the only game I can point to as a slim chance to win is ND and their QB situation could have dire consequences forcing Freeman's D to keep them in games. Clemson was not that good last year and they are looking at replacing both coordinators ... that will be tough. Pitt is replacing Whipple and Slovis is already banged up as is Hartmann of Wake whom we should have beaten last season anyway. I am honestly not even sold on NC State. Leary will put points on the board but that ain't Alabama striding down the tunnel, I think we will be in a lot of close games that we can win this year.

Hopefully that's the advantage this year. When Vet went down, we had to put Tisdale out there with his big red cape.
High praise for a backup

Hopefully that's the advantage this year. When Vet went down, we had to put Tisdale out there with his big red cape.
Don't even joke; Dino loves his Tisdale.

outside of Clemson and ND, this team could beat or lose to any other team on the schedule. So the path is every other team.

Those would be the options.

His nickname is worst case scenario.

I can't get that DeVito fumble out of my mind when the Rutgers DT looked like he was going against air.
If he could gain 20-30lbs, would make a nice guard. But playing tackle is a dicey situation. I'm fairly confident that E. Cruz's development will make it impossible for Dino to use Tisdale as first tackle off the bench. Fingers crossed.

I saw one prediction for best and worst case record that was very positive: 6-6 worst case and 12-2 best case. It was on Facebook and prefer not to share from there, but was pleased that someone sees a better season than most...

I saw one prediction for best and worst case record that was very positive: 6-6 worst case and 12-2 best case. It was on Facebook and prefer not to share from there, but was pleased that someone sees a better season than most...
6-6 Worst case scenario?
Was it a Facebook page called: In a mirror, darkly. An Alternate Reality College Football World.

6-6 Worst case scenario?
Was it a Facebook page called: In a mirror, darkly. An Alternate Reality College Football World.
No, it was predicting the best & worst possible records for all P-5 programs. No one really knows at this point how the team will do. It's all speculative no matter how any particular team is "expected" to do. The actual results are in the hands of the players, coaches, and fans. I think, when we've had so many bad years that there's a natural inclination to expect another down year. That may well be the case, but it's also feasible that we have a strong year. I was just making a point that some "analysts" expect a good year for SU. I think the players are positive and would choose to support their outlook over a negative fanbase. Glass half full kinda thing...

We will beat NC STATE...
Wolfpack plays Clemson and Fla.St. the 2 weeks before us.
CUSE comes off a bye...
It's at the DOME...let it be a 7 PM start
I love the thought but unfortunately we have not been very good after our bye week(s) lately.
Maybe its time to fix that trend!!!!

I love the thought but unfortunately we have not been very good after our bye week(s) lately.
Good point...never entered my feeble mind.
We'll get our answer in 3 weeks when we come off a freakin' 9 MONTH bye against L'ville!!:confused:

And we haven't had coaches like Anae, and Beck either. I expect these two with an extra week to game plan to destroy NC State. Give these two extra time to find a weakness and NC State should be in trouble.

FZ1FneoX0AAhKpk.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom