Something Fun to Do - Create a Syracuse Hoops playlist on YouTube | Syracusefan.com

Something Fun to Do - Create a Syracuse Hoops playlist on YouTube

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I really miss having any sports I care about on TV right now. I'm kind of surprised how much I miss it, actually, because it gives a certain rhythm to the week. I've been at home about a month now, and I am stir crazy.

So anyway, I spent a lot of time on YouTube looking for old SU games, and made myself a playlist. I found a complete hoops game as far back as 1980 vs. North Carolina, I think it is. I haven't found any individual Pearl games yet, but I found so many great ones - the whole Big East Georgetown rivalry, commentary and several games.
Some of the big 1987 games, and then some of the super teams that followed the next few years. Skip ahead to the 95 Arkansas game (what a great offensive team, but they weren't physical enough on defense as they would become the next year...).

Several of the '96 games, I've found the 2000 meltdown vs. Michigan State in the Sweet 16.And of course most of the classics, and at least a game every couple years, so you can watch the players develop. I've been watching the 2010 team vs. Louisville in their final game at Freedom Hall. Of course Pitino is the coach. Great fun. Highly recommended.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.36.27 PM.png

here's my bookmark list.

Here is my playlist, part 1 of 9:
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.25.05 PM.png

Last edited:
Let me try these one at a time. I found 75 really good items on YouTube last night. Let me try to share them 1 screen at a time. Feel free to go look and check them out for yourself.
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.24.55 PM.png

One of my favorite games ever was against Villanova at the Dome in 2010. Set the attendance record (temporarily) and took over #1 ranking for the first time in a long time. But I can't find anything but short clips. is the full game available anywhere?

One of my favorite games ever was against Villanova at the Dome in 2010. Set the attendance record (temporarily) and took over #1 ranking for the first time in a long time. But I can't find anything but short clips. is the full game available anywhere?

I was at that game with a buddy of mine from NJ.

I was at that game with a buddy of mine from NJ.
My favorite part was probably when AO got an and-1 when he just threw the ball toward the hoop while he was falling over and it went in. That's when I knew it was our night. Would love to see the game again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom