Something I noticed in the discussion | Syracusefan.com

Something I noticed in the discussion

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
about the 2003 team that seems lost, so far, with this team: with Hak’s block, the team talked about how the rotations worked, how they all had each other’s back, and they knew when one guy was out of position, and what they had to do to compensate.
Unsaid was that they didn’t view defense as 5 different sets of responsibilities, but as 1 group responsibility. That struck me as maybe what’s been missing with the defense this year.

I thought the effort sat was the best in a while in anticipating things, not waiting on passes. that's whats required to run a good zone.

I agree that this group does not always move as one and all it takes is one rotation late to create open shots.

about the 2003 team that seems lost, so far, with this team: with Hak’s block, the team talked about how the rotations worked, how they all had each other’s back, and they knew when one guy was out of position, and what they had to do to compensate.
Unsaid was that they didn’t view defense as 5 different sets of responsibilities, but as 1 group responsibility. That struck me as maybe what’s been missing with the defense this year.
Another thing that is missing - the opponent in 2003 (Kansas) had 1 and 1/2 shooters to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom