Something to make you smile. | Syracusefan.com

Something to make you smile.

stuckinbig11 said:
Thanks. I just finished the first half. Anyone notice how wide open GMac was on most of his 3s ? Forgot how good Duany was. Great to see Bill E. again--he was special. Lots of good players on that team.

Yeah, looking back I underrated Duany quite a bit. He was good and amazing at the top of the zone.

Thanks. I just finished the first half. Anyone notice how wide open GMac was on most of his 3s ? Forgot how good Duany was. Great to see Bill E. again--he was special. Lots of good players on that team.

Yep

Second half watched--not perfect, but the ending was good.:D

I had forgotten how different the two halves were. In the first half we looked unbeatable. In the second half, with GMac coming back down to earth and Melo hurt, we pretty much relied on Edelin and Pace to score points.

The impression I have whenever I watch that game is that we got *exactly* what we needed from everybody on the team to eke out the win. We had a very good team that year, but we needed a lot of things to go our way to beat that Kansas team. A reminder of how little sometimes separates national champion from runner-up, like '87 but in reverse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom