Song of the Day II | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Song of the Day II

People who question the “musical talent” of hip hop producers haven’t listened to the right hip hop.

For me, the best thing about this thread is the mix of artists and musical genres represented. They all have my respect.

And in a similar vein, I really hate when people suggest that no good music is being produced today and that all new artists suck. That's lazy and insular thinking, and the same thing that people were saying twenty and thirty and forty years ago. It was a crock then, and it's a crock now.

For me, the best thing about this thread is the mix of artists and musical genres represented. They all have my respect.

And in a similar vein, I really hate when people suggest that no good music is being produced today and that all new artists suck. That's lazy and insular thinking, and the same thing that people were saying twenty and thirty and forty years ago. It was then, and it's now.
Yup. There’s far fewer(if any) universal classics that everybody knows and likes being produced today just due to how music is consumed now. Everybody can listen to whatever they want, whenever they want. And there’s just so much music out there. Everybody who wants to make music can make it in their own house and have an outlet for releasing it to the world. Guy who lives next door to me has albums on Spotify.

A couple of relatively obscure regional hits.

Detroit-late 60's

I realize this is a very broad statement encompassing a number of different styles and sounds but I could listen to 60s-70s soul music all day. Stax, Motown, Philly - all of it. Got a 3 + hour mix full of under the radar gems that someone put together and I downloaded probably 20 years ago on an old hard drive - gotta find that and get it on my phone.

Yup. There’s far fewer(if any) universal classics that everybody knows and likes being produced today just due to how music is consumed now. Everybody can listen to whatever they want, whenever they want. And there’s just so much music out there. Everybody who wants to make music can make it in their own house and have an outlet for releasing it to the world. Guy who lives next door to me has albums on Spotify.
Those are great points about how music is distributed and consumed today. Everything has changed so much in the internet era. For the listener, anyway, most of these developments are great, with almost anything ever recorded now readily accessible.

I realize this is a very broad statement encompassing a number of different styles and sounds but I could listen to 60s-70s soul music all day. Stax, Motown, Philly - all of it. Got a 3 + hour mix full of under the radar gems that someone put together and I downloaded probably 20 years ago on an old hard drive - gotta find that and get it on my phone.
Can you put it on mine also?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom