Song of the Day II | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Song of the Day II

Maybe interesting, maybe not.

SWC's "Soundtrack Suite" thread proved a difficult listening experience for me after running through some, but it did make me think of the best piece ever from a musical score (Lux Aeterna).

If you don't care for Aronofsky (filmmaker), you likely have no interest in Mansell (composer on all his films), so just ignore all that follows under the spoiler. :)
Anyway, I linked Lux Aeterna at the very bottom - which obviously, is the best song ever to just turn the lights off, shut your eyes, and drift off into a happy place.

The fun fact is - Mansell (composer) used to front Pop Will Eat Itself - the fun clusterf*** of a group shown below that you may have run into if you were ever into trip hop, maybe NiN, or chemical(y) brothers type stuff or going to those types of festivals.

Lux Aeterna By Clint Mansell

Maybe interesting, maybe not.

SWC's "Soundtrack Suite" thread proved a difficult listening experience for me after running through some, but it did make me think of the best piece ever from a musical score (Lux Aeterna).

If you don't care for Aronofsky (filmmaker), you likely have no interest in Mansell (composer on all his films), so just ignore all that follows under the spoiler. :)
Anyway, I linked Lux Aeterna at the very bottom - which obviously, is the best song ever to just turn the lights off, shut your eyes, and drift off into a happy place.

The fun fact is - Mansell (composer) used to front Pop Will Eat Itself - the fun clusterf*** of a group shown below that you may have run into if you were ever into trip hop, maybe NiN, or chemical(y) brothers type stuff or going to those types of festivals.

Lux Aeterna By Clint Mansell
You're making me work too hard for these songs ;)

Where did your post go, Ghost ?

Break On Through, Love Street, L.A. Woman

I deleted it. I didn't want to derail the thread or anything. I was a weird little kid in that I was obsessed with two "types" of music - The Doors, and Hip-Hop from about age 6 on. lol

So, I'm always curious what people's favorite tracks are.

Just watched the last episode of Wu Tang American Saga: Season 2. And now this is in my head. So now it’s in yours. Your welcome!

Just watched the last episode of Wu Tang American Saga: Season 2. And now this is in my head. So now it’s in yours. Your welcome!

Tyler the Creator was on the AMAs performing earlier...which surprised me. I'd never heard the song before, but I can't lie, I was hoping it would be another one where he talked about killing Bruno Mars. I don't why, but I find that terribly amusing.

Tyler the Creator was on the AMAs performing earlier...which surprised me. I'd never heard the song before, but I can't lie, I was hoping it would be another one where he talked about killing Bruno Mars. I don't why, but I find that terribly amusing.
I have never really delved into his music. I heard his album this year was really good.

I have never really delved into his music. I heard his album this year was really good.

It's tough, it's an acquired taste, but Tyler is clearly a pretty intelligent dude (super weird, but funny in a twisted way). The whole Odd Future thing is decent, but it's hit or miss for most - more of a skateboard vibe than hardcore hip-hop flavor imo.

He's creative though, and has a unique voice.

I like about 33% of it, but I find that to be the case with a lot of artists so I don't mean that as an insult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom