Song of the Day II | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Song of the Day II

The original, but trying to listen to a range of their music before I see them. Wanted to post something with vocals!

Nice - hope it's a great show. I was just curious - remakes are always so interesting and I always prefer when people give a different take on the original

I wish there was an R&B group out of Syracuse that made a song called I-90. But there isn’t.

So this an R&B group out of Louisville that made a song called I-65. The switch up that comes about 2:40 into the song is everything. This whole album was a gem.

Last edited:
I like the Covid style videos where you get the split screen on all the guys. EC is still great.
Me, too. There are more songs from that session on YouTube as well. That's Charlie Sexton in there, as he's now backing EC.

Hip hop break!

“Some get hand picked, others get picked on. Some get a hand up, others get disarmed. I came from the bottom where the guns got withdrawn. All lows, no highs man(Heisman), get a stiff arm.”

Ridiculous wordplay in this one. Still catching things 10 years later. Talk about painting a picture with your words. Phonte is one of the greats.
“I got a room and a microphone. And a family I ain’t in seen in months. And played this record a million times. Just hoping you would play it once. Break bread with your fellow man. Show love and look out for your heart. And always take care of home. Because home is where charity starts.” Smh. So good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom