Sooo.about our ODU Loss. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sooo.about our ODU Loss.

Was an inexcusable loss that will haunt this team if they're on the bubble.

We're used to it... Maybe even begrudgingly expecting it.

Hopefully this team somehow pulls it together and finishes the season a bit better than recent years...

If we're on the bubble again, the cuse-out drumbeats from Seth Davis and Snottlieb will be usual annoyance...

ODU is a solid Mid Major but losing to them at home, blowing a 10 point halftime lead, is not ok. Not at all. At least it never used to be ok for this program

The only times I ever remember losing to mid majors was 06-08, and 97-99. Hopefully we can rebound like we did from 00-05, and 09-14.

The only times I ever remember losing to mid majors was 06-08, and 97-99. Hopefully we can rebound like we did from 00-05, and 09-14.
In the past, we never used to schedule the best mid-majors. ODU and UB both won their conferences and are some of the better mid-majors.

ODU is a solid Mid Major but losing to them at home, blowing a 10 point halftime lead, is not ok. Not at all. At least it never used to be ok for this program

One consideration that maybe made for us is the fact we were playing without Frank Howard, particularly if he continues to shoot well. That said, it was a disappointing loss for sure.

In the past, we never used to schedule the best mid-majors. ODU and UB both won their conferences and are some of the better mid-majors.

That is true. Unfortunately we also lost to U Conn, Oregon and Georgia Tech, and they all stink

That is true. Unfortunately we also lost to U Conn, Oregon and Georgia Tech, and they all stink
UCONN shot 60% from 3 and played like their lunatic coach acted that night, they are also a huge rival, as we all know. Oregon with Bol Bol is a Final 4 caliber team, without Frank , no chance. Gtech was squeezed in a 3 game stretch and played their best game of the year, look ahead to Duke. Frank will be back at full speed by the tourney, for now he should play conservatively and not pressure test his ankle at every opportunity.

Bad memories from several BAD tourney losses to mid-majors : Richmond, Vermont, Navy (@Dome), Rhodi etc. There's a few off the top of my head.

UCONN shot 60% from 3 and played like their lunatic coach acted that night, they are also a huge rival, as we all know. Oregon with Bol Bol is a Final 4 caliber team, without Frank , no chance. Gtech was squeezed in a 3 game stretch and played their best game of the year, look ahead to Duke. Frank will be back at full speed by the tourney, for now he should play conservatively and not pressure test his ankle at every opportunity.

So...play better defense and don’t let those scrubs shoot 60%, and try harder and don’t let those scrubs outhustle you.

UConn sucks. No excuses.

He will? I mean, that sounds amazing, but how do you know?
I'm extrapolating from watching him. It seems he can go hard but either chooses to refrain from it or has been coached to be careful. What good would it do for the team if he played hard and re-injured himself now? I think the smart play is to hold back now and play like heck during the tourney and let what ever happens, happen.

I'm extrapolating from watching him. It seems he can go hard but either chooses to refrain from it or has been coached to be careful. What good would it do for the team if he played hard and re-injured himself now? I think the smart play is to hold back now and play like heck during the tourney and let what ever happens, happen.

But it's not like we're projected to be a 4 seed right now. If we don't win some difficult games down the stretch, we will be in the NIT. If he can play right now, he shouldn't be holding back.

But it's not like we're projected to be a 4 seed right now. If we don't win some difficult games down the stretch, we will be in the NIT. If he can play right now, he shouldn't be holding back.
Frank has probably been playing basketball since he was 3 years old. And all that time he would play at full speed without any thinking and then one day, POP, his ankle breaks. I think that's a difficult psychological event to get past so easy. He probably thinks that if he re-injures it before the tourney, there is no way he will be back. We just need to scrape some wins out and then get ready for the new season.

So...play better defense and don’t let those scrubs shoot 60%, and try harder and don’t let those scrubs outhustle you.

UConn sucks. No excuses.

This. If UConn is such a rival, we should be up for the game too. If I read any more trying to justify ODU or UConn as anything more than bad losses, my head will explode.

This. If UConn is such a rival, we should be up for the game too. If I read any more trying to justify ODU or UConn as anything more than bad losses, my head will explode.
Come now. SU got into the big money conference and its future is very secure. UCONN is like a jilted ex. They brought their best game of the year against the Orange. I don't think we look at that game in the same way. All that aside, if FH hadn't been out, I believe we would have got the W. Just my perspective.

Syracuse should not lose at home to a CUSA team. Full stop.

Exactly. This is NOT the CUSA with Memphis, Cincinnati. Louisville etc

Syracuse should not lose at home to a CUSA team. Full stop.
When you schedule the best team from any mid-major conference during winter break, it is possible to lose that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom