Sooo.about our ODU Loss. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sooo.about our ODU Loss.

That's unfortunate that you have such low expectations for our program.
It will take another year before the program is at full strength from the sanctions. I don't underestimate any conference champion mid-major, ODU is on the rise as the third major athletic department in Virginia and there are a lot of great athletes in that region.

Sadly I suspect we will be playing many a “on the rise” mid major in the near future.

Sadly I suspect we will be playing many a “on the rise” mid major in the near future.
We could have scheduled any team from the MAC instead of UB and we could have scheduled any team from the CUSA instead of ODU. We could have scheduled Bingo and Siena. But we scheduled 3 mid-major conference champions that are not tomato cans.

We could have scheduled any team from the MAC instead of UB and we could have scheduled any team from the CUSA instead of ODU. We could have scheduled Bingo and Siena. But we scheduled 3 mid-major conference champions that are not tomato cans.

Whoa whoa let’s not get too ambitious the Saints are third in the MAAC.

Champions? That’s already been decided, eh?

We scheduled 3 teams that don’t have near the resources and advantages we do, and they all beat us. Two of them on our own court. While their drunken mouthbreather, first time leaving western NY fans took over the Carrier Dome.

Embarrassing.

Champions? That’s already been decided, eh?

We scheduled 3 teams that don’t have near the resources and advantages we do, and they all beat us. Two of them on our own court. While their drunken mouthbreather, first time leaving western NY fans took over the Carrier Dome.

Embarrassing.
It has been decided in the CUSA and is all but done in the MAC. The drunken mouth breathers team also knocked Arizona out of the tourney last year and had UK on the ropes at Rupp last year and won at WVU this year.

Last edited:
It has been decided in the CUSA and is all but done in the MAC. The drunken mouth breathers team also knocked Arizona out of the tourney last year and had UK on the ropes at Rupp earlier this year.

Just looked up the conference USA. Wow. Had no idea who was even in it.

Just looked up the conference USA. Wow. Had no idea who was even in it.
Now your going to say winning their conference isn't a major accomplishment? That is a strong mid-major conference.

Assuming facts not in evidence.
They have had multiple teams make the tourney with some success. UNC Charlotte had the Orange dead to rights a couple of years ago. MTSU dispatched Michigan State 2 years ago. WKU has had some real strong teams. La Tech is a somebody. Marshall made the tourney last year. They are not a one trick pony conference.

They have had multiple teams make the tourney with some success. UNC Charlotte had the Orange dead to rights a couple of years ago. MTSU dispatched Michigan State 2 years ago. WKU has had some real strong teams. La Tech is a somebody. Marshall made the tourney last year. They are not a one trick pony conference.

This post is a hilarious disaster and I don’t even know what to go after first. So I’ll just pick the low hanging fruit and point out that it was UNC Asheville who we played in 2012.

This post is a hilarious disaster and I don’t even know what to go after first. So I’ll just pick the low hanging fruit and point out that it was UNC Asheville who we played in 2012.
Your narrative is Boeheim is a doddering old man who has to go and any facts that don't fit that are irrelevant. So my memory failed about UNC Ashville, I think we played them in Charlotte. The rest are facts.

No. I’m saying, “wow. I had no idea who was even in it.”

And they shouldn’t beat Syracuse in the Dome. Ever.
And UMBC shouldn't beat UVA but they did. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Your narrative is Boeheim is a doddering old man who has to go and any facts that don't fit that are irrelevant. So my memory failed about UNC Ashville, I think we played them in Charlotte. The rest are facts.

The game was in Pittsburgh.

UB and UK was not @ Rupp last year. It was in the NCAAs, Round of 32.

Also, WVU is horrible this season

The game was in Pittsburgh.

UB and UK was not @ Rupp last year. It was in the NCAAs, Round of 32.

Also, WVU is horrible this season
Look, I stated that when we lost to ODU, that they were a good team with a way better than average coach. Now they have won their conference regular season and the anti-JB crowd still wants to say they are trash. That is all.

The saddest part about this whole back and forth IS THAT WE ARE EVEN HAVING THIS DISCUSSION!! When we sink low enough to parallel SU with Buffalo or any mid major (during even their best season) is TROUBLING. This team has talent FAR superior to any mid major we have played. Utilized??? Well that's where I think the problem lies. I'm sure you love the school as much as I and what it has done for my family. BUT...You have to admit, things are not going well AND haven't been for some time now.

Your first sentence is objectively false and independent of the fact that we should never lose at home to a team from Conference USA.

The saddest part about this whole back and forth IS THAT WE ARE EVEN HAVING THIS DISCUSSION!! When we sink low enough to parallel SU with Buffalo or any mid major (during even their best season) is TROUBLING. This team has talent FAR superior to any mid major we have played. Utilized??? Well that's where I think the problem lies. I'm sure you love the school as much as I and what it has done for my family. BUT...You have to admit, things are not going well AND haven't been for some time now.
I'm considering the circumstances of the sanctions damage and our captain and point guards injury. I don't however, under estimaye a mid-major champion caliber team in this day in age. Their admission standards are lower and they rarely get investigated by the NCAA, unless they get too big for their britches. Do, they can have some talent that can't get into a P5 school.

Your first sentence is objectively false and independent of the fact that we should never lose at home to a team from Conference USA.
That is without doubt the outlook of the over indulged section of the Syracuse fan base

That is without doubt the outlook of the over indulged section of the Syracuse fan base

Admittedly I had the over optimistic expectations of beating teams like ODU Buff and Uconn but I’ve learned to recalibrate my expectations for basketball.

Grinding our way to one of the last five at larges will be the standard going forward.

I'm considering the circumstances of the sanctions damage and our captain and point guards injury. I don't however, under estimaye a mid-major champion caliber team in this day in age. Their admission standards are lower and they rarely get investigated by the NCAA, unless they get too big for their britches. Do, they can have some talent that can't get into a P5 school.
1) I've been blasting this for some time now. During the summer AAU circuit (highest recruiting time), do you know where are top two coaches were when the sanctions were in place??
2) Do you think SU only accepts kids that meet the general admissions levels for Newhouse?? They will take anyone that meets the min quals for NCAA qualification.
3)We, BY FAR...have more accumulated talent on the roster than the mid majors. If we don't, see question #1 above. RECRUITING IS THE LIFE BLOOD OF A PROGRAM.

Last edited:
Bad memories from several BAD tourney losses to mid-majors : Richmond, Vermont, Navy (@Dome), Rhodi etc. There's a few off the top of my head.

At least we know you're not a kid, those losses were a long time ago.

Plenty of good wins too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom