Sooo.about our ODU Loss. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sooo.about our ODU Loss.

At least we know you're not a kid, those losses were a long time ago.

Plenty of good wins too.
Agreed about the wins...lol.....But the topic was losses to mid majors.

1) I've been blasting this for some time now. During the summer AAU circuit (highest recruiting time), do you know where are top two coaches were when the sanctions were in place??
2) Do you think SU only accepts kids that meet the general admissions levels for Newhouse?? They will take anyone that meets the min quals for NCAA qualification.
3)We, BY FAR...have more accumulated talent on the roster than the mid majors. If we don't, see question #1 above. RECRUITING IS THE LIFE BLOOD OF A PROGRAM.
I'll answer my own thread...
1) with off-site recruiting sanctions in place, our top 2 coaches were off coaching the Olympic team. Ever hear of underclassmen (at the time) named Scotty lewis and Bryan Antoine?? Highly ranked kids from Jersey that summer who just happened to take an unofficial to Colgate. You think with SU GIVING $$$$ to Colgate annually we could have maybe arranged an unofficial to Cuse>???? Nobody home...other priorities. Kids are both top 20 now and headed to Florida and Nova I think.
2) since the Nancy Cantor Syndrome hit the hill, admissions quals went down. I highly doubt we'd turn down a 5 star who just inched by the SAT and GPA requirements.
3) Well, no discussion needed.

1) I've been blasting this for some time now. During the summer AAU circuit (highest recruiting time), do you know where are top two coaches were when the sanctions were in place??
2) Do you think SU only accepts kids that meet the general admissions levels for Newhouse?? They will take anyone that meets the min quals for NCAA qualification.
3)We, BY FAR...have more accumulated talent on the roster than the mid majors. If we don't, see question #1 above. RECRUITING IS THE LIFE BLOOD OF A PROGRAM.
I just watched some of the ST Louis/LaSalle game and I thought, "both of those clubs have some real nice players". In fact, anytime I watch these smaller conference games I'm impressed with the level of play. I also think the guys on our team are legit students for the most part. I don't believe that to be the case at a lot of schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom