Sooo ... LOUISVILLE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sooo ... LOUISVILLE

This Louisville team is better. More next level talent. Better coached. Jackson is just as good if not better than Bridgewater as a college QB.
Jackson is talented I agree. I will not put him on Bridgwater level yet. He is the better athlete but he is still learning to be a QB. Cusefan69 Really with any defensive scheme you have to keep a mobile QB bracketed in. DE's can attack but don't surrender the edge. Im sure they will pressure at times but I expect Ward will rush 4 and make Jackson prove that he can throw. Use a QB spy at times just in case he takes off. That would be my approach.

Jackson's picked up where he left off. Yeah it was against Charlotte but he was making some incredible throws last night that he wouldn't have made last year. A year ago he'd have stared down one receiver and if that one guy didn't get open he'd take off running. Yesterday he actually went through his progressions (something he's been working on during the offseason) and completed passes to 10 different receivers. He accounted for all eight of our TD's in the first half and sat in the second along with the rest of our first stringers.

But the Carrier Dome's never an easy place to play. I'll be honest I don't know much about your team but we won't be looking past you guys.

cardinalfan123 said:
Jackson's picked up where he left off. Yeah it was against Charlotte but he was making some incredible throws last night that he wouldn't have made last year. A year ago he'd have stared down one receiver and if that one guy didn't get open he'd take off running. Yesterday he actually went through his progressions (something he's been working on during the offseason) and completed passes to 10 different receivers. He accounted for all eight of our TD's in the first half and sat in the second along with the rest of our first stringers. But the Carrier Dome's never an easy place to play. I'll be honest I don't know much about your team but we won't be looking past you guys.

We'll be a heavy underdog that's for sure. Jackson looks very, very good. Looking fwd to it. Dome is going to be nuts.

Week 1: Big Boys v. Little Boys (generally) The results cannot be trusted as rock solid remainder of season performance. Louisville had a great game. Syracuse plays in 12 hours. Syracuse will face its first opponent under a new coach in a live game. Will that prove how Syracuse will play the remainder of the season? No. Louisville spanked Charlotte for playing with the big boys, does that mean Louisville will average 70 points per game?

I like Jackson as a QB, but he is not NFL ready, he can be stopped. Chances are pretty good that Syracuse athletes are a bit bigger, stronger, faster, better coached than Charlotte. Louisville probably does not hand 70 on Syracuse, though I do expect each team to score well enough next week with two high powered offenses facing each other. I am not ready to yield the game to Louisville, they must step onto the field and prove they deserve the W! If the earn the W, I will respect that result. If Syracuse wins the W, well, I am an Orange fan.

The bad thing for Ville is that their weaknesses are not exploited in a game like this. Dont know what you need to correct. We will be happy to help them with that next week.

Great point, that's why I hope tonight isn't a complete blow-out. Have to get a good teaching week in before next Friday.

it really blows that they get an extra days rest when the starters only played a half. I really hope we blow this game open by halftime and can sit our guys but i dont think that's likely

it really blows that they get an extra days rest when the starters only played a half. I really hope we blow this game open by halftime and can sit our guys but i dont think that's likely

Yes and hope for no major injuries.

Charlotte is atrocious. But app state isn't!
This! Charlotte is one of the bottom 5 teams in the country. This game tells you very little about Louisville.

Jackson is talented I agree. I will not put him on Bridgwater level yet. He is the better athlete but he is still learning to be a QB. Cusefan69 Really with any defensive scheme you have to keep a mobile QB bracketed in. DE's can attack but don't surrender the edge. Im sure they will pressure at times but I expect Ward will rush 4 and make Jackson prove that he can throw. Use a QB spy at times just in case he takes off. That would be my approach.

That would be my approach to.

This early in the year, don't think it matters much if any. Kids are fresh and they are kids...

But the Carrier Dome's never an easy place to play. I'll be honest I don't know much about your team but we won't be looking past you guys.

we don't know much about our team either. Stop back tomorrow.

AAM62 said:
well we run 160+ plays per practice, so not really

Eh, if they are conditioned right, it won't matter.

I think they are.

Briancuse said:
I have to be honest, I didn't know Charlotte even had a program.
until 3 yrs ago they didn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom