sorry but coaching is a problem | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

sorry but coaching is a problem

The Ohio St game I am referring to was in 1982. Clark Kellogg beat us out there. The Ohio st game you are referring to, the Ohio St had that kid Koufax or something like that, that killed us.
No Headline

Good find. We played them the following year at the Dome and we won. Then we played them in Hartford in the NCAA and despite leading at half time, lost. Some of our younger fans don't know that we played these games. I gave a short list up above.

The Ohio St game I am referring to was in 1982. Clark Kellogg beat us out there. The Ohio st game you are referring to, the Ohio St had that kid Koufax or something like that, that killed us.

That’s right. Kosta Koufos was on that team as well.

Oh come on, , most Cuse homers admit that we rode Melo to that ship DON'T get me wrong , i grew up with the big east and JB battling JT, RM, and LC in the Big East. I get it. I loved it. Thing is if we are a top 10 team over the last 30 years , you would never know it bc as a Cuse fan, we have witnessed alot of ugly hoops

Maybe that's the homers' take, but from a less orange-colored view, it was a team championship.

Lol, then? Who are they against? Ok, Conn, jersey, mass , mid Atlantic teams?

Actually, 515 of his wins are against Conference opponents vs 170 vs NY State mid-majors. Almost 3 to 1.

In comparison, 153 of his wins are against ranked teams so he almost has as many wins against ranked teams as he does against NY State mid-majors...

You should really quit while you are way behind but, if you want to keep digging, please order me some Mushu Pork when you get to China. Thx.

Last edited:
so you're mad at me for giving an emotional "take" after a bad loss. get in line

Your post was on November 6th, before the season even started and we actually won our exhibition game that night...

<sigh>

First, you denied saying it.
Then you said you were exaggerating.
Now you are saying that it was an over-reaction to a bad loss (which didn't happen).

Want to keep trying?

<sigh>

Actually, 515 of his wins are against Conference opponents vs 170 vs NY State mid-majors. Almost 3 to 1.

In comparison, 153 of his wins are against ranked teams so he almost has as many wins against ranked teams as he does against NY State mid-majors...

You should really quit while you are way behind but, if you want to keep digging, please order me some Mushu Pork when you get to China. Thx.
I think Ish88888 is just repeating UCONN and Georgetown talking points. It makes you wonder what team he is a fan of.

We were playing in the ACC- Big East thing. We played big schools from NY to Hawaii and Alaska. We had home and homes with teams like Kentucky. UVa for that matter. This is so dumb.
When I posted my response, I didn't include any of the Big East or ACC challenges. I didn't include any in season tournaments. I didn't include any schools like say UNLV, that he wouldn't recognize as being good and a tough place to play and win. It had to be an at for me to include them.

Oh come on, , most Cuse homers admit that we rode Melo to that ship DON'T get me wrong , i grew up with the big east and JB battling JT, RM, and LC in the Big East. I get it. I loved it. Thing is if we are a top 10 team over the last 30 years , you would never know it bc as a Cuse fan, we have witnessed alot of ugly hoops
I learned to appreciate Jim Boeheim round about the ‘96 run to the NCG, and that’s when i started to give him credit. Suddenly one could see the method in his madness as it all came together w/ an undermanned squad coming thisclose, against a stacked U.K. team. The NC was just the icing on the cake as by that time he had already established himself, on basis of his record, as a HOF-caliber HC.
So this rather bizarre take that his success should somehow be diminished because, “GASP”...he had a transcendent player on that team, is really misplaced at best, and moronic at the worst.
By your logic, I guess UCLA’s 10 NCs and John Wooden’s status should be dismissed as well, since he perennially paid for the Alcindors & Waltons of the world to come play for him, no?
As for scheduling I actually somewhat agree w/ your take that JB loaded up on cupcakes. And the correct response to that is...AND??? So what- he still had to win those games & our NCAA qualifying issues only started when we lost a couple of those cupcake games, and SOS became a more prominent factor. Also, if you think he’s the only HC to load up on scheduling cupcakes, then your rabid bias is incurable at this stage.
Honestly, at some point you have to begrudgingly give the man credit for his record and the program he’s built, brick by brick, here at SU. To engage in rampant “Whataboutism” logic w/ folks like yourself who’re seemingly harboring an agenda, only serves to diminish oneself further.
Like it or not, whether you want to admit it or not, JB is a great great HOF Coach, whose record...warts and all, speaks for itself. Mind you, he’s no Scott Shafer ;), but we’re lucky to have him. JMHO

Last edited:
colgate and cornell alone must account for a decent #of wins. i don't want to stop scheduling them. just saying.

colgate and cornell alone must account for a decent #of wins. i don't want to stop scheduling them. just saying.

UConn, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence and Pitt account for a lot of wins too.

So what. All major programs schedule similar opponents in the non-conference, but the teams they play probably vary more widely. Regularly scheduling Colgate and Cornell is a good thing for all concerned.

LMAO , i dont need to. Its a known fact with college hoops fans and specifically the NCAA committee. I don't need to find it. Some on this cultish board do. When did you become a fan? You aren't 25 , are you?

It’s a known fact that Boeheim is in the hall of fame.

50 something in a row is a bit like lucy holding the football tho. we all know how it ends.

Again criticizing the roster management and halfcourt offense is fine.
Criticizing the wins, schedule, NCAAT is just stupid.

5 Final Fours is elite.

Their are criticisms that are legitimate but criticizing JB while being a staunch defender of Scott Shafer make zero sense and lose credibility.

and against colgate december 9th tyus ,frank, and brissett played 40 minutes in a 72-58 victory.

and against colgate december 9th tyus ,frank, and brissett played 40 minutes in a 72-58 victory.
Your point? Thorpe had just left the team and there was a full week before their next game against Georgetown.

the point is 52 game win streak. double digit margin of victory . starters play 40 minutes.