sorry but coaching is a problem | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

sorry but coaching is a problem

WHAT ? Only in the conference. I challenge you to show OOC games pre

You guys, in this cult , are hot stuff. JB was riduculed for years by national media and known nationally to play a super light OOC. Geeez , this is easy to find.
Then why haven’t you found it?

For the record, Ive havent read most of the thread yet, and if it's as "civil" as Ive seen so far, I probably wont read much more. I owned a JB t-shirt in the original BE days, yet have no problem agreeing that a large portion of the wins came from cupcakes.

Yeah but how different is that from any other top coach not named Izzo?

Then why haven’t you found it?

LMAO , i dont need to. Its a known fact with college hoops fans and specifically the NCAA committee. I don't need to find it. Some on this cultish board do. When did you become a fan? You aren't 25 , are you?

WHAT ? Only in the conference. I challenge you to show OOC games pre

You guys, in this cult , are hot stuff. JB was riduculed for years by national media and known nationally to play a super light OOC. Geeez , this is easy to find.
Okay, I will leave it to others to get you a complete list because I honestly find you to be a waste of time. But here goes. A partial list. We have played on the road, Louisville, Maryland, Purdue, Michigan st., Michigan, Marquette, UCLA, Arizona, N.C. State, North Carolina, N. Dame, Ohio St., Kentucky. There are more that we have played in things like the ACC Big East challenge and the ACC Big 10 challenge that I am not counting. Nor am I counting in season tournament games. This is off the top of my head.

LMAO , i dont need to. Its a known fact with college hoops fans and specifically the NCAA committee. I don't need to find it. Some on this cultish board do. When did you become a fan? You aren't 25 , are you?
College hoop fans?????? They believe the old Syracuse doesn't leave the tri state area crap. Never mind that some of those games were league games on the road. Christ.

Okay, I will leave it to others to get you a complete list because I honestly find you to be a waste of time. But here goes. A partial list. We have played on the road, Louisville, Maryland, Purdue, Michigan st., Michigan, Marquette, UCLA, Arizona, N.C. State, North Carolina, N. Dame, Ohio St., Kentucky. There are more that we have played in things like the ACC Big East challenge and the ACC Big 10 challenge that I am not counting. Nor am I counting in season tournament games. This is off the top of my head.

Ok, do you have dates ? Bc its the last 6-8 years since JB missed the dance for his poor OOC.

Yeah but how different is that from any other top coach not named Izzo?

Yeah, I havent read the whole thread. I just saw one fellow ridicule the ish guy for supposedly saying most of JBs wins came against cupcakes. I was curious in terms of numbers(or percentage), how far off this statement was? I didnt see anything about comparison when that member was ridiculing ish, he simply was ridiculing that supposed statement.

College hoop fans?????? They believe the old Syracuse doesn't leave the tri state area crap. Never mind that some of those games were league games on the road. Christ.

NOT sure where you have been, but this has been a knock on him for years . You read only what you will like apparently. Btw, your untouchable coach had 5 guys and only 5 guys score tonight. Yes, a win . A win against the 2nd worst team in the ACC , right behind pitt.

I’m not getting into this but the Ohio St. game was a game at MSG. I remember David Lighty/Sam Thompson/Diebler/ schooling us. It was some preseason tourney at MSG I think.

We played UCLA home/home 1999,2000.
We played Michigan State home/home 2003, 2004.

Our nonconference has never been soft. The years we missed tournament we lost games in the nonconference we should bave won.

That was it. We beat Wichita State in 2007 we make it, we beat Rhode Island in 2008 we make it.

We played UCLA home/home 1999,2000.
We played Michigan State home/home 2003, 2004.

Our nonconference has never been soft. The years we missed tournament we lost games in the nonconference we should bave won.

That was it. We beat Wichita State in 2007 we make it, we beat Rhode Island in 2008 we make it.

07 we lost to Drexel too, didn’t we? I thought that kept us out because they were a bubble team with us. Forgot about losing to Wichita, but that didn’t help. 08 we lost to UMass as well (twice in the Dome that year).

Our OOC is no worse than any team not named Michigan State. It’s hurt us some years because we didn’t take care of business, but it’s helped us immensely in others (2016 comes to mind).

The guy criticizing JB and calling his defenders a cult probably thinks Lou Carneseca, and his one Final Four despite all his talent, is better than JB.

Ok, do you have dates ? Bc its the last 6-8 years since JB missed the dance for his poor OOC.

We played in the Maui tournament in 1998, the Great Alaska Shootout in 2001, we played at Missouri in 2004, and in 1995 played in the Rainbow Classic in Hawaii.

This stuff is easily found. Come on.

I’m not getting into this but the Ohio St. game was a game at MSG. I remember David Lighty/Sam Thompson/Diebler/ schooling us. It was some preseason tourney at MSG I think.
The Ohio St game I am referring to was in 1982. Clark Kellogg beat us out there. The Ohio st game you are referring to, the Ohio St had that kid Koufax or something like that, that killed us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just listed teams we have played on the road at their courts. And there are a lot more. I only listed schools that you would recognize as national schools. For example, I didn't list a Dayton, who we also played on the road at their court. Because something is out there in fan land doesn't make it true. Other top schools have played the same type of schedules that we have played. The media hasn't made it an issue like they have with us.

NOT sure where you have been, but this has been a knock on him for years . You read only what you will like apparently. Btw, your untouchable coach had 5 guys and only 5 guys score tonight. Yes, a win . A win against the 2nd worst team in the ACC , right behind pitt.
Change the goal posts much? This is a example of why you are a waste of time. First, Jb isn't untouchable. Second, we don't have anybody worth bringing in if Sid is hurting. That will change next year. . And second, if you are unhappy with the win tonight, that is on you. You can only beat the team you are playing. You are desperate to attack the coach for some reason. Waste of time.