Sorry, but it is time... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry, but it is time...

Players make plays. Players execute plays. Players should make free throws. Players should not dribble the ball off their foot. Players need to fight for rebounds. This is not 100% on the staff. It's like people have never played sports in their life

Do we even need a coaching staff then? Why is SU paying them? Can Tyus Battle just be the player-coach like Bill Russell and we can donate the entire coaching staff's salaries to charity?

How are we WORSE than last year? It makes no sense.

When do you ever bring all your guys back and bring in a couple talented new players and get worse???

Dude, the offense was the worst I have seen anyplace/anywhere EVER in college bball last season. The Zone mucked some games up in the Tourney and we won a few games. The Zone is going to give us some wins by default because of length and some ineptitude on various teams in how to attack it.

Offensively we are a disgrace to the game of basketball. I’ve never seen a team and coach waste so much time and energy overdribbling and doing nothing. The continued C problems and lackluster PG play are troublesome.

Possibly a little better from a shotmaking standpoint but that is literally all we can do is attempt low percentage jumpers. The scheme is too dependent on ISO and individual talent. And for the love of god, why can’t we still try to put a body on somebody in said area??!

Last edited:
I’m at a loss with this team. I think one point I’d like to make is how bad Howard looks right now. We were down two Howard allowed a wide open three pointer. Ballgame. I think honestly Marek should of started and Hughes should of been the sixth man. Also you have to let Chukwu play even when he makes mistakes because he changes how our zone is with his length. Brissett needs to come back and idk. I love JB but maybe he needs to rethink the starting line up

Wildhack can’t be that stupid and let this scheme and lack of fundmentals continue. We’re most likely NIT. I thought UB would blow us out tonight and PM’d a couple of people in private in case anyone is doubting me. Well...

There is a substantial chance of having a losing record - our ceiling is the NIT

I mean we cannot even pass it across court without nearly throwin* it away. The fundamentals have been lacking awhile

Everybody knew Babers had to be extended. Wildhack did that sooner rather than later. He knows what he sees with this basketball team and the direction it's going.
Extending an obviously successful FB Coach is a muuuuuuuch easier task that navigating the retirement of a 40+ year head coach who went to the sweet 16 last year, who doesn’t want to retire and whose son is a freshman.

Don’t even equate the two tasks.

They are not in the same galaxy.

I mean we cannot even pass it across court without nearly throwin* it away. The fundamentals have been lacking awhile

Carey really needs to start in my opinion that’s not even a question at this point

Dude, the offense was the worst I have seen anyplace/anywhere EVER in college bball last season. The Zone mucked some games up in the Tourney and we won a few games. The Zone is going to give us some wins by default because of length and some ineptitude on various teams in how to attack it.

Offensively we are a disgrace to the game of basketball. I’ve never seen a team and coach waste so much time and energy overdribbling and doing nothing. The continued C problems and lackluster PG play.
Agree with a this but it is still perplexing that we are worse than last year with everyone back and adding Hughes and Carey.

Extending an obviously successful FB Coach is a muuuuuuuch easier task that navigating the retirement of a 40+ year head coach who went to the sweet 16 last year, who doesn’t want to retire and whose son is a freshman.

Don’t even equate the two tasks.

They are not in the same galaxy.

Hes an impossible spot. I hope for John's sake Desko turns back the clock this year or hes got two enormous issues hes going to have to address.

I’m at a loss with this team. I think one point I’d like to make is how bad Howard looks right now. We were down two Howard allowed a wide open three pointer. Ballgame. I think honestly Marek should of started and Hughes should of been the sixth man. Also you have to let Chukwu play even when he makes mistakes because he changes how our zone is with his length. Brissett needs to come back and idk. I love JB but maybe he needs to rethink the starting line up

Everyone has opinions on different lineups - personally think Marek is awful now - Brissett needs to come back??? he is a 4 year player that has zero chance of playing in the NBA - he's a player with no position

There’s not one cold blooded killer on this roster. Just a bunch of nice guys who are pretty good at hoops.
Tyus is a killer. The rest are not even pretty good.

Players make plays. Players execute plays. Players should make free throws. Players should not dribble the ball off their foot. Players need to fight for rebounds. This is not 100% on the staff. It's like people have never played sports in their life
That explains one game, one year. Not multiple games, multiple seasons...in a row.

Then the team should look different with different players. It has looked the same for a while now. That's not just the players. The program is stale. Even with the sanctions, we have had higher rated recruiting classes than a number teams in the top 25. Why are they better than us?

I don't expect us to be Duke. I expect us to be a regular in the top 25.

I have been a fan for over 30 years and an ardent Boeheim supporter. This is maybe one of the most disheartening seasons ever because of the early expectations and the addition of some much needed talent to the team. I wish I knew if it was Boeheim losing his touch as an offensive mind or just a lack of talent. With two supposed NBA talents in Brissett and Battle, I am simply perplexed. We know our weakness in the middle but if I had to blame one facet of the game it would be guard play. Sure, Howard made some 3's tonight and can play defense but I loathe the slow tempo which is not the hallmark of SU basketball. Carey has potential but is green. I don't care what anyone says..Howard may have some decent games but is not the answer. There is plenty of blame or excuses to go around here but I am just scratching my head saying What!! We are wallowing in LESS than mediocrity.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom