Sorry, but it is time... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry, but it is time...

One of the biggest issues is were constantly playing 4 on 5 and when Marek joins the party at forward it becomes 3 on 5. Your not going to beat any teams with more then a pulse when a quarter of your roster (Chukwu Sidibe Buddy and Marek) has been borderline awful and at times essentially useless. Recruiting or lack there of is killing this team. Carey looks the part but hes the only thing offthe bench right now.

Do we even need a coaching staff then? Why is SU paying them? Can Tyus Battle just be the player-coach like Bill Russell and we can donate the entire coaching staff's salaries to charity?
How is that even my point? I'm pointing out things that any staff or coach would expect from his players. Accountability falls on both players and staff. I'm just saying let's not act like this is all on the staff and coach.

Extending an obviously successful FB Coach is a muuuuuuuch easier task that navigating the retirement of a 40+ year head coach who went to the sweet 16 last year, who doesn’t want to retire and whose son is a freshman.

Don’t even equate the two tasks.

They are not in the same galaxy.

If this keeps up, he's going to get pushed out. This season falls on everyone from top to bottom. This failure of a year is a complete team effort.

Welcome to what a small disparaged and maligned group on this board have been saying for a few years now.

But how dare we question the legendary coach? He’s forgotten more about basketball than we’ll ever know.

It’s time. Boeheim needs to go.

We’re basically Georgia Tech football under Paul Johnson.

Predictable. Limited.(handcuffed?) Boring. But at certain times can be effective and have someone’s number when matchup is advantageous.

That's actually a great analogy. Sad what it's come to.

JB could still be effective if he would STOP RECRUITING SHOT BLOCKING CENTERS.

Why the hell does every team we play have a Center better than ours. Every. Single. Team.

I legit can’t take it anymore. I’m sure Chukwu and Sidibe are great guys but I’m irrationally beginning to hate everything they represent basketball-wise.

How is that even my point? I'm pointing out things that any staff or coach would expect from his players. Accountability falls on both players and staff. I'm just saying let's not act like this is all on the staff and coach.

We have been a mediocre basketball program since basically that miracle shot by Ennis vs Pitt. Approaching five calendar years. Our coaching staff is the common denominator — we have had tons of different players.

From what I’ve heard JB feels it too.

Feel horrible about it but this team should be better than 7-4. No matter what he says in press conferences.

Actually I disagree on that. Make the free throws and the game dynamics could have changed quite a bit.

That's fine. Doesn't change the fact that we turned the ball over 16 times, many of which were simply lackadaisical, careless turnovers. Or the fact that we run the worst offense in NCAA basketball.

Would they allow a new coach to shoot our free throws?
This is a good post. It is absolutely unbelievable that player after player can step to the free throw line and most of the time miss the front end of 1/1 or at best get one shot but miss the second. Unbelievable to shoot 5 for 13 from the line. Then consider how many were one and ones and we never got tothe 2nd shot. A veteran team does not miss free throws. What the heck is going on? Changing coaches will not improve the free throws will it?

Is that Boeheim on the sideline or Rollie Massimino? The game eventually catches up to everyone. Only Wooden was smart enough to get out on top.

But I don't really know and won't pretend that I do. Boeheim could recover from this and put together a multi-year run for the ages. Or this could be the result we all look back on years from now as the day the worm turned. The bad thing about a coaching change is that you don't know you need one until it's too late.

We have been a mediocre basketball program since basically that miracle shot by Ennis vs Pitt. Approaching five calendar years. Our coaching staff is the common denominator — we have had tons of different players.
I think we all know when it really started.
14316421-standard.jpg

This is a good post. It is absolutely unbelievable that player after player can step to the free throw line and most of the time miss the front end of 1/1 or at best get one shot but miss the second. Unbelievable to shoot 5 for 13 from the line. Then consider how many were one and ones and we never got tothe 2nd shot. A veteran team does not miss free throws. What the heck is going on? Changing coaches will not improve the free throws will it?
It is SU tradition to not be good at FTs. This isn’t a new thing to this year’s team, so it’s not the players.

Extending an obviously successful FB Coach is a muuuuuuuch easier task that navigating the retirement of a 40+ year head coach who went to the sweet 16 last year, who doesn’t want to retire and whose son is a freshman.

Don’t even equate the two tasks.

They are not in the same galaxy.

Believe me, I know Boeheim wants to go out on his own terms. But, you have to think the AD is fully aware of the Syracuse basketball program, regardless of winning a few games in March.

That's fine. Doesn't change the fact that we turned the ball over 16 times, many of which were simply lackadaisical, careless turnovers. Or the fact that we run the worst offense in NCAA basketball.
Agree that turnovers, UB offensive rebounding and missed free throws were too much to overcome. Those and the baffling regression of Chukwu and Marek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom