Sorry, but it is time... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry, but it is time...

Believe me, I know Boeheim wants to go out on his own terms. But, you have to think the AD is fully aware of the Syracuse basketball program, regardless of winning a few games in March.
Aware...sure. I don’t think awareness is the issue.

I’m aware that Mount Everest is really high, I haven’t an f’n clue how to get to the top.

Would they allow a new coach to shoot our free throws?

No but the new coach might be given the responsibility to run and offense that doesn’t do same thing over and over again. But all contracts are different.

Is that Boeheim on the sideline or Rollie Massimino? The game eventually catches up to everyone. Only Wooden was smart enough to get out on top.

But I don't really know and won't pretend that I do. Boeheim could recover from this and put together a multi-year run for the ages. Or this could be the result we all look back on years from now as the day the worm turned. The bad thing about a coaching change is that you don't know you need one until it's too late.

Based on the recruiting for center, the ship has already sailed.

But hey, we won the national championship with no-jump craig forth, so...

Hes an impossible spot. I hope for John's sake Desko turns back the clock this year or hes got two enormous issues hes going to have to address.
There are 2 coaches up there who should have retired a few years ago. The Simmons father and son knew when to move on, before the game passed them by.

Who has grif landed? Im not denying he is but unsure.

I don't think that Griff deserves to be blamed -- he's fairly new, and he brought in Bazely. Who knew that would turn out to be a unprecedented trend sending disaster? Couldn't have been expected.

I’m aware that Mount Everest is really high, I haven’t an f’n clue how to get to the top.

Yeah. I don’t really see a good, realistic solution.

Regardless, this program needs a shot in the arm.

I don't think that Griff deserves to be blamed -- he's fairly new, and he brought in Bazely. Who knew that would turn out to be a unprecedented trend sending disaster? Couldn't have been expected.

I didnt say he was to blame. Dont do that. Someone said grif is a good coach while gerry is not. Im trying to figure out the difference.

Based on the recruiting for center, the ship has already sailed.

But hey, we won the national championship with no-jump craig forth, so...
Have you ever noticed how many times chukwu jumps when a tiny guard drives the lane , only to foul, or pass around or end up way out of position for a rebound? I'd love a Craig Forth type right now

I’m getting a very strong Charlton Heston “Pry this program from my cold dead hands” vibe from how people are talking about JB’s mindset.

Hope he isnt willing to burn it down.

How are we WORSE than last year? It makes no sense.

When do you ever bring all your guys back and bring in a couple talented new players and get worse???

Good news is they are going to come back next year bar Howard so maybe next offseason is the charm.

Wildhack: Jim, you're no youngster. Don't you think you should spend more time with Juli? She's feeling lonely and sad, particularly now that you aren't playing her son.

Last edited:
Extending an obviously successful FB Coach is a muuuuuuuch easier task that navigating the retirement of a 40+ year head coach who went to the sweet 16 last year, who doesn’t want to retire and whose son is a freshman.

Don’t even equate the two tasks.

They are not in the same galaxy.

There's just no way he's going anywhere until after '22. I'm kind of terrified at what those last 2 recruiting classes will look like when everyone knows whats coming & how empty the cupboards might be left for whoever the successor may be.

This is a joke. Its one bad month+ at least wait until ACC play to jump off the rails.

The OCC scheduling that we benefited from last year is killing us this year though we should be losing to peer P5 teams not struggling with ex Big East foes and top mid majors. We get nothing out of winning these games and the fans want to burn the program to the ground when we lose. Leave NY for a change Jimmy.

I think we all know when it really started.
14316421-standard.jpg

Ennis season is when the ridiculous overrating of freshman began and putting good but not great college players in the NBA after a few good games as freshmen. Battle and Brissett getting this treatment has crushed our team morale and both of them as players.

Have you ever noticed how many times chukwu jumps when a tiny guard drives the lane , only to foul, or pass around or end up way out of position for a rebound? I'd love a Craig Forth type right now

he played defense well, no doubt.

...and no one tried to force alley-oops on him, cus they knew better.

Would they allow a new coach to shoot our free throws?
No...But a coach might realize we aren't a good free throw shooting team (see season stats) and leave bigs to go after possible rebound. Instead, we pull our bigs off the line to give our opponent uncontested missed free throw rebounds. Oh, we gotta get them back on D for 40 minutes of the effective zone defense.

JB could still be effective if he would STOP RECRUITING SHOT BLOCKING CENTERS.

Why the hell does every team we play have a Center better than ours. Every. Single. Team.

I legit can’t take it anymore. I’m sure Chukwu and Sidibe are great guys but I’m irrationally beginning to hate everything they represent basketball-wise.

Said in a thread earlier today to just give me a 6'9 pudgy ND type center for all I care if he can give me 12 and 8 without being a complete dud on D. Because currently we get absolutely 0 on Off from the 5 and some above avg D but nothing crazy. Its definitely not making up for the hole on O.

Is that Boeheim on the sideline or Rollie Massimino? The game eventually catches up to everyone. Only Wooden was smart enough to get out on top.

But I don't really know and won't pretend that I do. Boeheim could recover from this and put together a multi-year run for the ages. Or this could be the result we all look back on years from now as the day the worm turned. The bad thing about a coaching change is that you don't know you need one until it's too late.

The canary has been signing in the mine for a few years now. Unfortunately, many on this board refuse to hear its warnings.

There's just no way he's going anywhere until after '22. I'm kind of terrified at what those last 2 recruiting classes will look like when everyone knows whats coming & how empty the cupboards might be left for whoever the successor may be.

If only we had one of the best recruiters in the country as the coach in waiting. A loyal alum, long time assistant...

How did it all go so wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom