Sorry Nate Mink | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry Nate Mink

What alarms me is it seems that Dino is letting the pressure get to him leading to him rush a decision he obviously doesn't feel comfortable making at this time. If you waited this long to see what both guys can do, you're going to make a decision based on 3 drives by Schrader and then a game against Albany? It doesn't seem like a strategy, but more like his decisions late in the Pitt game to not call timeouts because he just wanted to be done with it.
There seems to be some "deadline" at play here, based on some cryptic references he's made to commitments and fairness.

What's the guarantee he is? Lamson and Morgan may have something to say about it

If one of them beats him out, great for us. If he’s worried one of them will beat him out, great for us.

Assuming no “commitments” were made to the other QBs.

I get the circumstances in that game but your best example is a game in which he threw 19 passes. The overwhelming remainder of his body of work is really really bad.

I get the circumstances in that game but your best example is a game in which he threw 19 passes. The overwhelming remainder of his body of work is really really bad.
Great job by TD , saved the day for us. but do you remember fools on this board wanted him to start over ED the next week against State !

Dino is going down with the Titanic with TD. That is his guy. His prized recruit and that he has banked on since he stepped on campus. His refusal to move on from TD is both prideful and stubborn. We have seen what TD is over the past 3+ years and it's not going anywhere. There is no reason to keep trotting TD out there.

The post I responded to said he's never demonstrated it. He has. Not enough and not lately, I'll grant you

Great job by TD , saved the day for us. but do you remember fools on this board wanted him to start over ED the next week against State !
At the time, he'd turned in a meh performance vs Western Mich, a win over a ranked FSU (who turned out to be horrible) and ED was not playing well vs UNC. I don't think it was foolish to think we had 2 guys who were good.

Probable but not definite. Coming off a 1 win season, he may have just started with the safe choice to try to eek out 2-0 and use Albany as the first real action for Shrader. All the while, with GS getting more practice reps and learning the offense a bit more each of those first couple weeks.
We can only hope that this is the case.

Absolutely great story that game. He played well that second half. I just can't get over the
The post I responded to said he's never demonstrated it. He has. Not enough and not lately, I'll grant you
That's fair. I think Cuse fans were just hoping that some of the physical tools we saw in spot duty were a sign of things to come. IMO I don't think Tommy can process what he's seeing on the field. I think part of it is due to the porous O Line over the last 2+ seasons but part of it is he just doesn't seem to know where to go with the ball. I don't know if it's confidence or not trusting what he sees, but there are times he holds the ball way too long then times he just fires the ball downfield when it's not there. Too many times on third downs he's looked to push the ball down field only to have it fall incomplete.

Dino is going down with the Titanic with TD. That is his guy. His prized recruit and that he has banked on since he stepped on campus. His refusal to move on from TD is both prideful and stubborn. We have seen what TD is over the past 3+ years and it's not going anywhere. There is no reason to keep trotting TD out there.
Please please please…. Show me where HCDB had a better option than TD in 2019 and 2020. Who else could he have “banked on?” Seriously.

Please please please…. Show me where HCDB had a better option than TD in 2019 and 2020. Who else could he have “banked on?” Seriously
Not sure there was a better option, but we are at the point now where we know what TD is and what he is capable of. Dino hasn't brought in any real competition to TD until now yet DB is using a game against ALBANY as a measuring stick to see who is QB is going to be?!?! This is all on DB. I'm not slamming TD, he's just not the answer and DB refuses to acknowledge.

At the time, he'd turned in a meh performance vs Western Mich, a win over a ranked FSU (who turned out to be horrible) and ED was not playing well vs UNC. I don't think it was foolish to think we had 2 guys who were good.
You conveniently left out ED led us to within a breath of beating the National Champions on their own field. IMO it was absolutely foolish. To each his own.

Not sure there was a better option, but we are at the point now where we know what TD is and what he is capable of. Dino hasn't brought in any real competition to TD until now yet DB is using a game against ALBANY as a measuring stick to see who is QB is going to be?!?! This is all on DB. I'm not slamming TD, he's just not the answer and DB refuses to acknowledge.
What he has said is that he wants (desperately) for one of the two to distinguish himself from the other. Obviously that hasn’t happened as far as Babers is concerned. How is that being unnaturally loyal to Devito? I just don’t get where you’re coming from.

Absolutely great story that game. He played well that second half. I just can't get over the

That's fair. I think Cuse fans were just hoping that some of the physical tools we saw in spot duty were a sign of things to come. IMO I don't think Tommy can process what he's seeing on the field. I think part of it is due to the porous O Line over the last 2+ seasons but part of it is he just doesn't seem to know where to go with the ball. I don't know if it's confidence or not trusting what he sees, but there are times he holds the ball way too long then times he just fires the ball downfield when it's not there. Too many times on third downs he's looked to push the ball down field only to have it fall incomplete.
I was thinking at the time look at what the offense has done with Dungey/Mahoney/etc. who is not even a true fit for the Babers/Briles system, our offense is going to be awesome when we have the pure passer that Dino hand picked. Did not really pan out that way. We can barely get first downs now.

Dungy 178 passing 2TDs
200 yds rushing 1 TD
Thats Meh……
Vs Western Mich.

Yeah. In 2018 maybe.

What he has said is that he wants (desperately) for one of the two to distinguish himself from the other. Obviously that hasn’t happened as far as Babers is concerned. How is that being unnaturally loyal to Devito? I just don’t get where you’re coming from.
If he hasn't seen what TD has to offer over the last 2+ years and he wants to see what he does against Albany, then that's on Dino. I can't for the life of me figure out what TD can possibly do against Albany to make DB go "wow!!! that's my guy!!!" It makes zero sense. None.

If he hasn't seen what TD has to offer over the last 2+ years and he wants to see what he does against Albany, then that's on Dino. I can't for the life of me figure out what TD can possibly do against Albany to make DB go "wow!!! that's my guy!!!" It makes zero sense. None.
It isn’t just whether or not he knows what he has in TD, I’m sure he does. Maybe he feels GS is no better. I mean to suggest otherwise is to suggest that (a) Babers can’t recognize QB ability, and/or (b) he doesn’t want to play the guy who would give the team the best chance to win. Both assertions are, in my mind, ludicrous.

Certainly TD, who was hurt virtually all of last year, has not really had great success this year, and maybe you start him because he gives you your best chance to win, but has to perform the way he has been in practice. I don’t know. You don’t know. That’s the point. But to suggest you bench him in favor of the guy who clearly has not claimed the position, is, well, bizarre.

It isn’t just whether or not he knows what he has in TD, I’m sure he does. Maybe he feels GS is no better. I mean to suggest otherwise is to suggest that (a) Babers can’t recognize QB ability, and/or (b) he doesn’t want to play the guy who would give the team the best chance to win. Both assertions are, in my mind, ludicrous.

Certainly TD, who was hurt virtually all of last year, has not really had great success this year, and maybe you start him because he gives you your best chance to win, but has to perform the way he has been in practice. I don’t know. You don’t know. That’s the point. But to suggest you bench him in favor of the guy who clearly has not claimed the position, is, well, bizarre.
The issue is that DB has not really given anyone other than TD a chance in live game action.
Sharder has had 4 drives. Now in the end maybe Sharder is not the answer. Maybe it Morgan, markowitz or lamson, but we will not know because no one has been given a real opportunity.
It’s similar to the wr position. We know what we have is not completely working. We have not really seen the other options.
It seems DB on the O side gets set on certain players and that’s it. No real rotation at all. I see other teams that run the same O but use a lot of different people. Have not seen that at SU. Feel that is one reason the fan base gets so frustrated. If you only play certain guys but it’s working and you are winning great. If not than as a coach you have to be really willing to makes changes not just make verbal statements.

The issue is that DB has not really given anyone other than TD a chance in live game action.
Sharder has had 4 drives. Now in the end maybe Sharder is not the answer. Maybe it Morgan, markowitz or lamson, but we will not know because no one has been given a real opportunity.
It’s similar to the wr position. We know what we have is not completely working. We have not really seen the other options.
It seems DB on the O side gets set on certain players and that’s it. No real rotation at all. I see other teams that run the same O but use a lot of different people. Have not seen that at SU. Feel that is one reason the fan base gets so frustrated. If you only play certain guys but it’s working and you are winning great. If not than as a coach you have to be really willing to makes changes not just make verbal statements.
Please forgive me, but the posts like this on this board sound to me like the sports moms and dads whose kid isn’t getting to play.

My 6 year old grandson can spell Shrader. C'mon.