Southerland Clowning | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Southerland Clowning

I don't think his handle is as bad as people make it out to be. But yeah, I don't think he's a first rounder either. I just think he shoots well enough and is athletic enough to find a spot on an NBA roster.

If Donte Green is still playing in the league, Southerland will be ok.

I know every kid is different..but when I look at D Nic, Wesley, Donte, etc, etc and what they did in the pros...I have a hard time seeing a long term spot for Dirty in the Association. He doesn't strike me as an exceptionally hard worker... but I guess we will see!

I'm not sure this is true - I've never seen a kid improve his handle as much as James has in four years (it helps that he started from such a lowly place). It obviously wasn't something he was naturally gifted at to begin with, and by NO MEANS can he dribble very well now, but every single year he got A LOT better.

That kid couldn't dribble at all when he got at campus. AT ALL. Like worst of all-time status. He's now showing some aptitude for it. I find it mildly impressive.

He reminds me of Buffalo's Bob McAdoo, a UNC grad who was the same size and could shoot "lights out" from distance.

Ha! That reminded me of the Bob McAdoo song by Randy Smith. My best friend at the time was a huge Buffalo Braves fan. So u think JSouth will have a teammate singing a song about him. ;) (All I could find was a sample of the song but can't be linked.) This is the link. http://staffannouncer.com/blog/audio/mcadoo.mp3 (copy into a browser I suppose :) EDIT : Or just clink the link. Who knew.

Southernland has a chance, I think the closest NBA player is James Jones. Second rounder likely, but I could see a contender taking a shot with Southerland as a corner three threat.

seems like a pretty balanced kid just enjoying the moment. Good for him stay postive and keep having fun.

I appreciate your post but you would have to be down 25 to even get the complete and utter POS move it is to even attempt it and from what I can tell Cuse won't be in that position anytime soon.

But trying to put the shoe on the other foot will allow everyone here to see how BS a thing it was.
I really don't think James meant any harm doing what he did, but you are right, it could be seem as being disrespectful to a long time conference rival. It is okay to joke around but context is important. Doing it during a major blowout win was really bad judgement.

Like all the PC fans I have met, you seem like a good guy and you know your hoops. PC has always been my second favorite team in the BE, I hope you finish strong and get a bid in the NCAAs. I will continue to root for you in the Conference JTIII Says Should Not Be Called Catholic.

Hope we meet again sometime soon in a home and home or a preseason NIT game, Holiday Classic, etc.

I really don't think James meant any harm doing what he did, but you are right, it could be seem as being disrespectful to a long time conference rival. It is okay to joke around but context is important. Doing it during a major blowout win was really bad judgement.

Like all the PC fans I have met, you seem like a good guy and you know your hoops. PC has always been my second favorite team in the BE, I hope you finish strong and get a bid in the NCAAs. I will continue to root for you in the Conference JTIII Says Should Not Be Called Catholic.

Hope we meet again sometime soon in a home and home or a preseason NIT game, Holiday Classic, etc.
I appreciate it, I'm sure he is a good guy as many have mentioned. It's tough to get kids to act anything other than like kids sometimes.

I don't think the NCAA is in the cards this year, but it's coming soon. We finally have a coach that can recruit and wants to stay here.

I'm going to miss playing Cuse and in particular the BE for what it was. JB is right, the BE we have now is a thing of the past and there is nothing you can do about it. I unfortunately am old enough to have been an adult through the entire time of the BE. I will not miss the ass kicking's though, it has been lopsided to a ridiculous degree. I would love to see Cuse hoist another NC under the BE banner one last time. It would be a cool way to close this all out, and I will honestly be surprised if it doesn't happen based upon what I saw Wednesday.

I am James' biggest fan, but come on: right now, the only NBA player on the squad is MCW. Couple of guys could develop, couple more might get a cup of coffee, but the only guy you can say right now who is going to clear the bars of 50 games or 500 minutes is MCW

I disagree with MCW being the most talented pro on this team. MCW can not shoot or create his own shot against an in you face defender. Nor can he handle the ball against pressure as noted by BT taking the ball up in late game situations and he is not the leader on this team nor would he be if he stayed next year assuming CJ is back. I also think his abilty to defende will be a huge liability when he goes to the NBA combine in Chicago. If I were a GM, I would take CJ next year over this years MCW assuming I had a late 1st round pick. CJ is only 1 month older than MCW and he has demonstrated the ability to improve every facet of his game over the past 3 years so we still may not have seen his full potential.

If Donte Green is still playing in the league, Southerland will be ok.
Donte Green is so much better than James Southerland

and an interesting side note, Donte is only 2 years older than James and has been in the league 4 years

Donte Green is so much better than James Southerland

and an interesting side note, Donte is only 2 years older than James and has been in the league 4 years

Is Donte still even in the NBA?

Is James still clowning?

Four rebounds in 31 minutes. I saw one little highlights reel for Marquette near the end of the game and it seemed like James was the one giving up the offensive rebound that led to an easy bucket, or failing to rotate to the center spot when BMK rolled out to help CJ with a double team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom