Southerland Clowning | Syracusefan.com

Southerland Clowning

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Did you all notice Southerland repeatedly trying to bait PC players into high fiving him after made free throws? He almost got a guy at least once who then realized what was happening and waved his hand as if to say "come on man!"

I noticed it. At first, I thought it was James having a brain lock and not realizing he didn't have a teammate in the lane. James is an interesting cat.

Indeed he is. And when he's on his game, his skill set is frightening. No doubt in my mind he plays in the NBA.

I noticed it. At first, I thought it was James having a brain lock and not realizing he didn't have a teammate in the lane. James is an interesting cat.

Thought the same thing until he started smiling/laughing on next shot and missed it...

I really don't like his demeanor on the court. Different strokes for different folks.

Indeed he is. And when he's on his game, his skill set is frightening. No doubt in my mind he plays in the NBA.

Today was the first time I could envision him in the NBA.

I love it. When he looks back on his life, he is going to say he had more fun than anyone else that stepped on the court.
Just didn't understand his actions at MSG last year vs the Johnnies. What evs. He def passed more gas than anyone else. ;)

he was letting a big one rip

Speaking of rips, maybe it is possible he had a bong rip before the game(or an ecig vaporizor version) and it helped his game? It would have definitely made the antics come more naturally as well.

Either way, good for him. You get one life(that we can be sure of, at least), and hopefully at the end you can sing "My Way" and mean it.

By the way, someone needs to photoshop James with a Bozo wig and red nose now. I'd do it myself, but only have photoshop at work.

Southerland's pose after that first 3 he drained reminded me a lot of how Devo acted after hitting a couple 3s in the BET back in 2009. I think it might have been against SHU, but maybe it was Louisville. Can't remember.

I kinda like the antics. We gotta realize these are kids and I don't think the things he does is disrespectful at all. College basketball is so much about emotion and momentum, if doing the crouching tiger gets people fired up I'm all for it. Hope he spends most of the time Saturday between 4 and 6 in the same position.

Did you all notice Southerland repeatedly trying to bait PC players into high fiving him after made free throws? He almost got a guy at least once who then realized what was happening and waved his hand as if to say "come on man!"

the other funny exchange with a Friar was when MCW was fouled out near mid court, and he put his hand out to a Friar to help him up. The guy just turned and started to walk away, so MCW grabbed his shorts for a boost before he got too far. He almost pulled his shorts down, and a more aggressive player might have taken exception. But the whole team played loose last night, almost giddy. They obviously value the home winning streak, and Saturday should be an epic showdown to keep it going.

apparently the Providence fans do not like Southerland.

Here are a few tidbits from their forum

Perhaps we see them in the BE tournament? I think Big Ed will have PLENTY of motivational moments from last night's game. Southerland is a and honestly Carter-Williams S eating grin the entire game is VERY annoying as well. I would really love to get them on a neutral court with the underdog tag. I think if we stick close, the crowd will side with the Friars and could be a blast!

I could not agree more. Is he a talented basketball player, yes. Southerland is the key to Syracuse's success with his scoring ability, length playing the zone, and experience. That is why Syracuse struggled without him. It's too bad the Friars missed out on his suspension. But he is a ! Last year at the Dunk he did a windmill slam with the shot clock off in the second half. It's too bad we don't have another opportunity to stick a knife in the Orange.

Love that last line. Um you had two chances and one of them was yesterday. I don't hate PC by any stretch, but this thought process is one of someone who is used to losing

Perhaps we see them in the BE tournament? I think Big Ed will have PLENTY of motivational moments from last night's game. Southerland is a and honestly Carter-Williams S eating grin the entire game is VERY annoying as well. I would really love to get them on a neutral court with the underdog tag. I think if we stick close, the crowd will side with the Friars and could be a blast!

I could not agree more. Is he a talented basketball player, yes. Southerland is the key to Syracuse's success with his scoring ability, length playing the zone, and experience. That is why Syracuse struggled without him. It's too bad the Friars missed out on his suspension. But he is a ! Last year at the Dunk he did a windmill slam with the shot clock off in the second half. It's too bad we don't have another opportunity to stick a knife in the Orange.

Love that last line. Um you had two chances and one of them was yesterday. I don't hate PC by any stretch, but this thought process is one of someone who is used to losing
Ya, a neutral court, like MSG, would surely side with Providence...:crazy:

Interesting. i get why people hated Devo and a few others.

but I would have never guessed that people hated Dirty.

Interesting. i get why people hated Devo and a few others.

but I would have never guessed that people hated Dirty.

Providence was hot coming into the game and basically got embarressed on national TV. Of course they're pissed. I honestly don't care where the game is played, the bottom line is that they don't match up well with Syracuse.

1. I dont think he is a very good defender
2. he has no handle
3. he will disappear for an entire game

He is great to have back and skyrockets our chances for the f4. I dont think he is a 1st rounder.
Scouts will drool at the size, athleticism, shooting combo. He won't be asked to dribble. Spot up 3 in the league.

1. I dont think he is a very good defender
2. he has no handle
3. he will disappear for an entire game

He is great to have back and skyrockets our chances for the f4. I dont think he is a 1st rounder.

I don't think his handle is as bad as people make it out to be. But yeah, I don't think he's a first rounder either. I just think he shoots well enough and is athletic enough to find a spot on an NBA roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom