spring football game on 4/19 | Syracusefan.com

spring football game on 4/19

sherrillcuse

Past IGGY Winner
Who's going?
Is it worth attending?

Never been to the spring game before...

Many on this board will be there.

Is it worth attending? Yes. Syracuse football with no worries about losing. It's a fun day.

I'm sure many of us are curious to see what the McDonald offense will look like in year 2, and it's always interesting to see the other quarterbacks.

If you live in the area and don't attend, you will miss a fun couple of hours. Git yer butt there, pal! You won't regret it.

i go . its an exciting 20 or so minutes of football and another 20 min of ehh, but holds me over til the first game

Definitely worth attending, especially with the current media blackout.

Even if it's lacks you are able to support the program as they should have a good amount of recruits in attendance.

Sucks. I leave for a cruise that morning. Its a good time and i will miss not being there!

Have been looking forward to it as a celebration of sorts to end my miserable busy season. I'm trying to put a little group of my friends and family together to make an event out of it but must admit I'm short on details. I'm hoping some of you wisemen can enlighten me on some of the details and mundane concerns of attending: admission, parking, beverages, time...you know, the usual...

Have been looking forward to it as a celebration of sorts to end my miserable busy season. I'm trying to put a little group of my friends and family together to make an event out of it but must admit I'm short on details. I'm hoping some of you wisemen can enlighten me on some of the details and mundane concerns of attending: admission, parking, beverages, time...you know, the usual...

In the past it has been free. This includes admission and parking; you can typically park in the expensive big ticket donor lots close to the Dome.

In the past they have had some food available in the Dome, a handful of the normal food places should be open, lower level only. They opened access to Club 44 last year too, where adult beverages have been known to be consumed.

I would expect a crowd of maybe 5000. It is really low key. Maybe the best part of the day is the chance to get autographs and pictures with players and coaches after the scrimmage. They let everyone down on the field, set up tables and you or your kids can go to town with their favorite players. Some recruits are usually walking around as well for those who like to follow that kind of thing.

There should be some board members tailgating before the game. Some of us might squeeze in a round of golf beforehand as well. And a group of us is heading down to Geneva immediately after the game to watch SU play Hobart in lacrosse. You are welcome to join us in these endeavours.

In the past it has been free. This includes admission and parking; you can typically park in the expensive big ticket donor lots close to the Dome.

In the past they have had some food available in the Dome, a handful of the normal food places should be open, lower level only. They opened access to Club 44 last year too, where adult beverages have been known to be consumed.

I would expect a crowd of maybe 5000. It is really low key. Maybe the best part of the day is the chance to get autographs and pictures with players and coaches after the scrimmage. They let everyone down on the field, set up tables and you or your kids can go to town with their favorite players. Some recruits are usually walking around as well for those who like to follow that kind of thing.

There should be some board members tailgating before the game. Some of us might squeeze in a round of golf beforehand as well. And a group of us is heading down to Geneva immediately after the game to watch SU play Hobart in lacrosse. You are welcome to join us in these endeavours.

Thanks for the red carpet. :p

will the Easter Bunny be there???

Good news is I see no conflict right now. Last 2 years I have missed because of daughters AAU tournaments out of town.

We need to improve attendance this year... i do not want to start a debate but y'know come on! Need better attendance. Win win win win!

You know if the staff is using the Spring Game as a Junior Day, it makes no sense for SUAD not to make it an event. It would be good if they got together with IMG/Galaxy and put some effort into making it an entertaining day for students and casual fans. Why not get some music acts to perform before/after the game? Run some contests for good prizes- tickets, autographed items. Do a student punt, pass, kick for some cash.

Hell just give it to the SPM students and let them run with it.

I have gone to the last few Spring games and the Rochester practices and every open practice since Marrone became coach. The Spring games are always a good time. Concession stands open...Nachos, Dome Dogs, etc. AND recruits in the stands, football on the field, Shafer yelling to the fans!! I love it!!

I said this before and I will say it again. If SU wanted big attendance at the spring game they would have an autograph/say goodbye with the outgoing basketball players. I don't know if NCAA rules would allow this. Either way besides the above mentioned perks, some basketball players will prob be there. Last year my son got autographs from MCW and CJ Fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom