Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

The most interesting thing I've learned based on their football vids? Its perfectly acceptable to spell it duffle, or duffel. What a spring!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I figure a scrimmage Saturday. One more practice and then a scrimmage the following Saturday and spring ball will conclude. Several weeks later 2021 players will start to arrive for summer work outs.

I figure a scrimmage Saturday. One more practice and then a scrimmage the following Saturday and spring ball will conclude. Several weeks later 2021 players will start to arrive for summer work outs.
There are 5 practices left. That much I know for sure.

Agree, another scrimmage is likely on Saturday.

That last scrimmage the following Saturday, on May 1st, is what would ordinarily be our spring game.

Which is apparently not going to happen. Maybe there is a meeting going on somewhere deep in the bowels of MFH with the key movers and shakers from SUAD. And they are discussing whether to have a spring game.

"The fans don't care. No one is complaining'.

Not true.

I know SUAD is understaffed and putting on a spring game is a lot of work. But it shouldn't be much more than hosting a lacrosse game, and we are apparently very capable of doing that.

It would be nice to have an autograph/photo op session afterwards for the kids. It would be nice to have a bounce house set up on the Quad and a live band playing there too.

It would be nice to have rosters and a depth chart.

It would be nice to have a real spring game, with teams drafted by the captains, where both teams play to win and we see Devito vs Shrader going head to head.

We can live without all of that. I would be thrilled to attend the last practice of the spring, where they do 15 minutes of scrimmaging and a lot of drills.

Please throw the fan base a bone and give us a stripped down practice to watch. We have been waiting since November of 2019 to watch our team play. Please don't make us wait until September of 2021 to see them again.

That last scrimmage the following Saturday, on May 1st, is what would ordinarily be our spring game.

Which is apparently not going to happen. Maybe there is a meeting going on somewhere deep in the bowels of MFH with the key movers and shakers from SUAD. And they are discussing whether to have a spring game.

Not true.

I know SUAD is understaffed and putting on a spring game is a lot of work. But it shouldn't be much more than hosting a lacrosse game, and we are apparently very capable of doing that.

It would be nice to have an autograph/photo op session afterwards for the kids. It would be nice to have a bounce house set up on the Quad and a live band playing there too.

It would be nice to have a real spring game, with teams drafted by the captains, where both teams play to win and we see Devito vs Shrader going head to head.

We can live without all of that. I would be thrilled to attend the last practice of the spring, where they do 15 minutes of scrimmaging and a lot of drills.

Please throw the fan base a bone and give us a stripped down practice to watch. We have been waiting since November of 2019 to watch our team play. Please don't make us wait until September of 2021 to see them again.

Amen. Would love to take 2 of my boys to a spring game. Would be cool if they did the autograph thing, but with covid, I get it. I just want some live football for a couple of hours.

Not true.

Two years. No spring to watch the whole team. Sucks.

Not true.

Agree

Not true.

When everyone else in the conference is having a spring game and the 1-10 team isn't, it's sort of a problem. They're doing everything they can at this point to have no fans and very few people actually interested. They'll blame covid for the lack of ticket sales though.

Not even having an updated roster or depth chart is just amatuer hour to. I don't care about the excuses we've heard regarding that either; they're ridiculous. They're literally doing everything they can to create an apathetic uncaring fanbase. We're the most rabid fans they have and we have no clue which players might be the future. How many players can an average fan even name at this point?

When everyone else in the conference is having a spring game and the 1-10 team isn't, it's sort of a problem. They're doing everything they can at this point to have no fans and very few people actually interested. They'll blame covid for the lack of ticket sales though.

Not even having an updated roster or depth chart is just amatuer hour to. I don't care about the excuses we've heard regarding that either; they're ridiculous. They're literally doing everything they can to create an apathetic uncaring fanbase. We're the most rabid fans they have and we have no clue which players might be the future. How many players can an average fan even name at this point?
I've got to think it's something more than neglect/indifference.

paranoia?

We're trying to keep our super weapons secret so the teams that already beat the crap out of us the last 5 of 6 years don't get some sort of new advantage they already have over us?
I know it’s a running joke here but I don’t think its paranoia. He is not trying to get tactical advantages against his opponents. I think he is taking advantage of the COVID restrictions. Keeping his team focus and away from media. But he is going to far with it. He doesn’t have to be this tight. Interviews and video clips doesn’t hurt the team.

Not true.

If people care, they should contact the AD. If he/they don't hear anything from anyone, you can argue that he'd be right to assume no one cares.

Last edited:
paranoia?

We're trying to keep our super weapons secret so the teams that already beat the crap out of us the last 5 of 6 years don't get some sort of new advantage they already have over us?
I'm wondering if it is mainly because they don't want to post depth charts as to reduce the likelihood of some more players hitting the portal when they know where they stand currently.

It is ridiculous that they are releasing zero information. At least give us a friggin roster with new numbers and measurables. A few 20 second highlight clips doesn't cut it. Sure there will not be many fans interested in going to a spring game but some will. Its one piece that contributes to getting die hard fans. I went to spring games with my Dad when i was younger and it certainly contributed to me being a die hard now.

The main media sources need to address the lack of media access and information. Die hard fan websites discussing it does nothing to help. If they don't get any negative feedback from the general public they apparently won't do anything about it. I'm doubting contacting the AD will even help. The Post Standard should put out an article about it. I would think that would be the only thing to really help light a fire. But are they too afraid to do that? Also its practically too late now.

The main media sources need to address the lack of media access and information. Die hard fan websites discussing it does nothing to help. If they don't get any negative feedback from the general public they apparently won't do anything about it. I'm doubting contacting the AD will even help. The Post Standard should put out an article about it. I would think that would be the only thing to really help light a fire. But are they too afraid to do that? Also its practically too late now.
Axe has talked about it. I believe if a lot of people contact the AD, it would get their attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom