Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

Yeah, still not assuming that it will happen. I think it’s a possibility, but like money said, only if we have two WR who can play outside
Hopefully other play makers emerge so they can move Taj in and out. Im not going to assume they will until I see it. Taj caught a few 5 yard drag routes against nc state so now he's best in the slot? The following game vs ND, 95% of his snaps was on the outside. That does not tell me he's wanted primarily in the slot.

In that video, I saw TD receptions by 85, 29, and 20.

With no roster, it is hard to be definitive, but 85 is still surely Courtney Jackson. He has appeared in a lot of video. I suspect he is in the rotation at the slot.

29 appears to still be Trebor Pena. He had at least 2 catches in the scrimmage.

The 20 on the roster that plays offense is walk on Ethan Fischler. Hard to tell for sure but I think it was him with that TD catch (i.e. 20 probably has not been assigned to someone else).

Based on the videos, it looks like Queeley is going to remain in the WR rotation. J Williams appears often. Isaiah Jones and Damien Alford have appeared a number of times. Not seeing Sharod Johnson much. He got moved to defense late last season, along with Barron.

Barron apparently is going to stick on defense. I am assuming he is going to be a linebacker. It would be really interesting if they give him a chance to play rover. Probably too big for that.

Back to the WRs. Taj is of course going to be the featured guy. I am thinking with all these young WRs apparently getting touches and playing time, almost all of which I believe primarily play outside, Taj is probably going to mostly play the slot, though the staff might move him around a lot to make it hard for defenses to shut him down..

The TE situation is fascinating. With Hackett gone, Benson is the logical guy to step in and get most of the playing time. I haven’t seen him get many catches but surely he will be a key piece of the puzzle here.

Mahar has ideal size and it looks like he is getting a chance to show what he can do. I am guessing he is going to play a lot. But Max Mang and even Landon Morris, the true frosh, are shown making some catches. I am happy to see us building up what appears to be quality depth here.

Watching the videos, it looks like the staff is working hard to give as little indication as possible regarding how things are going with the competition for starting positions on the OL

I think I caught of glimpse of Ilaoa at center and another glimpse of Servais at RT.

On defense, it is really hard to figure out who is starting. But with White as the DC, I am not sure it mattters much who starts. Tony is going to play a lot of people and guys who do not start might well end up playing more than guys who do.

Pretty sure Hanna is going to start somewhere. Probably at free safety. Sounds like he is talking control of that spot. One of the first things I will look at in the event the football roster is ever updated will be Rob’s weight. Hoping against hope he worked his butt off in the weight room and got up above 180. Believe he is currrently listed at 168. That really made it hard for him to be successsful last season.

I think Greenwood is the other guy who is fighting for the starting FS position. He is another guy who needed to get stronger. Hope he did damage in the weight room too.

Obviously Garrett Williams is going to start at one CB position.

I think Nunn had the upper hand for the other CB position going into spring but it looks Ike he got beat deep today. If Nunn doesn’t win the job, it probably goes to Chestnut. Guessing Atkinson backs up Willams. But based on the videos we have seen, Adrian Cole seems to be playing a lot. Just don’t know where. He seems best suited to CB. But I believe he was listed as a FS late last season, when he got healthy and started to play some,

Coley is surely going to start somewhere. Guessing rover. You want a longshot here? Maybe Malcolm Folk can jump in and steal the starting job. Tony White has shown he is not afraid to start freshmen in the secondary.

Guessing Carter will start at boundary safety. Labrosse could play most anywhere and who knows, maybe Sharod Johnson or Justin Barron could work their way into the rotation somewhere. Though I am pretty sure Justin is playing linebacker.

The good news is that there are a lot of bodies in the secondary and we are unlikely to see that tremendous run of injuries we had there last year. A big part of the injuries was that we were forced to play players who were not ready to play at the P5 level. Hopefully a lot of these guys are 10 or 15 pounds heavier now than they were last season. It is one of those things that will help determine the success of the defense in 2021.
I doubt nunn is practicing considering he tore his ACL

And if we have no one that can play inside?

Without Nykiem we have two candidates. Courtney Jackson and Tebor Pena. I believe Courtney will step up in time but Taj seems to give us more, right now, at that spot.

We do have 1 productive and dependable outside guy in Queeley.

Alford/Williams and 3 incoming freshman on the horizon it makes a lot of sense to move Taj inside
Yeah, sure. I think it's dependent on camp and who emerges where. But, I think Taj will be solid no matter what. I liked where we moved him around, honestly.

I doubt nunn is practicing considering he tore his ACL
That was last October. Unlikely for sure he would be playing already.

Thought I saw a picture with a #15 in white a couple of days ago. Maybe he took another number and someone else took his. If they are going to show us pictures, I wish we could have a roster so we can at least identify the players.

Thought I saw a picture with a #15 in white a couple of days ago. Maybe he took another number and someone else took his. If they are going to show us pictures, I wish we could have a roster so we can at least identify the players.
But then the Wake Forest coaching staff would know who is raising their arms in celebration and could begin game planning for him. We can't have that Tom. Trust the process:(

S
Seriously? Harbaugh has had three 10 win seasons, an 8 win season, and a 9 win season before last season's losing record. Are you actually trying to argue that by any objective measure that we should look as appealing to a legacy recruit?

And the whole "considering all the top recruits they get" argument is getting stale on this board. In a recruit's eyes they've been good.
It may be stale but its a fact. If Dino had the same recruits and had the same money backing it ,I'm sure we would have accomplished more. Harbaugh can't beat Ohio St. and I'm sure that is how they stack his success. Harbaugh is a big blow hard and is way over rated. And no I have no argument about legacy recruits.

Is that #15 or #19 Hanna?

Hanna.jpg

Tyler and Tim said Cuse football should be embarrassed by lack of roster, depth chart, spring info, etc. in this mornings podcast. Scroll to 34 min. 40 second mark for the football discussion.

Are they being dramatic or is this all unacceptable?

Tyler and Tim said Cuse football should be embarrassed by lack of roster, depth chart, spring info, etc. in this mornings podcast. Scroll to 34 min. 40 second mark for the football discussion.

1. We're a bad football team.
2. Fans learned last year that they don't need to purchase season tickets when they can stay home and watch bad football on TV.
3. Other fans learned that they could do without watching bad football entirely.

Seems like the perfect time for SU to kill what little interest people have left in the football program.

We're a Women's LAX and Rowing school now.

who are these guys?

not having a public depth chart could be based on the kids don’t know the depth chart supporting the every spot is open narrative

Dino figures he can double or even TRIPLE his win total from last year if no info gets out

It may be stale but its a fact. If Dino had the same recruits and had the same money backing it ,I'm sure we would have accomplished more. Harbaugh can't beat Ohio St. and I'm sure that is how they stack his success. Harbaugh is a big blow hard and is way over rated. And no I have no argument about legacy recruits.
The discussion I was having was about why legacy recruits choose other schools, not comparing Harbaugh to Dino.

I tried listening to them a couple of times and couldn't listen anymore. Just based on what I've heard from them in the past, I'll go with dramatic.

What I said was half tongue in cheek. Although I am very happy with the quarterback room as it is right now, and have no longing for Van Dyke. Completely forgot about him
Fair enough. You have much more confidence than I. Devito really struggles with decision making, Schrader was switched to WR at an average SEC school, Lamson is a complete unknown. Could be the second coming or could be JAG. I'll wait until I see it.

They need filler, so the lack of information becomes their filler.

No one cares about any of this after we beat Rutgers to go 2-0.

Fair enough. You have much more confidence than I. Devito really struggles with decision making, Schrader was switched to WR at an average SEC school, Lamson is a complete unknown. Could be the second coming or could be JAG. I'll wait until I see it.
We have Captain morgan coming to save us friend

It does not matter about a depth chart. It would not be accurate anyway. Sometimes I think DB just picks names out of a hat.
I do not suspect a depth chart even through camp. We will all know the starters when they take the field first game of the season.
I would like a roster but that is kind of irrelevant until camp gets started. Do not know who else is leaving or coming in this summer that have not been announced.
It will be a surprise for everyone. Hopefully a good surprise if we win games.

Dramatic. Kids with a podcast that’s too long that they need to fill.

In that video, I saw TD receptions by 85, 29, and 20.

With no roster, it is hard to be definitive, but 85 is still surely Courtney Jackson. He has appeared in a lot of video. I suspect he is in the rotation at the slot.

29 appears to still be Trebor Pena. He had at least 2 catches in the scrimmage.

The 20 on the roster that plays offense is walk on Ethan Fischler. Hard to tell for sure but I think it was him with that TD catch (i.e. 20 probably has not been assigned to someone else).

Based on the videos, it looks like Queeley is going to remain in the WR rotation. J Williams appears often. Isaiah Jones and Damien Alford have appeared a number of times. Not seeing Sharod Johnson much. He got moved to defense late last season, along with Barron.

Barron apparently is going to stick on defense. I am assuming he is going to be a linebacker. It would be really interesting if they give him a chance to play rover. Probably too big for that.

Back to the WRs. Taj is of course going to be the featured guy. I am thinking with all these young WRs apparently getting touches and playing time, almost all of which I believe primarily play outside, Taj is probably going to mostly play the slot, though the staff might move him around a lot to make it hard for defenses to shut him down..

The TE situation is fascinating. With Hackett gone, Benson is the logical guy to step in and get most of the playing time. I haven’t seen him get many catches but surely he will be a key piece of the puzzle here.

Mahar has ideal size and it looks like he is getting a chance to show what he can do. I am guessing he is going to play a lot. But Max Mang and even Landon Morris, the true frosh, are shown making some catches. I am happy to see us building up what appears to be quality depth here.

Watching the videos, it looks like the staff is working hard to give as little indication as possible regarding how things are going with the competition for starting positions on the OL

I think I caught of glimpse of Ilaoa at center and another glimpse of Servais at RT.

On defense, it is really hard to figure out who is starting. But with White as the DC, I am not sure it mattters much who starts. Tony is going to play a lot of people and guys who do not start might well end up playing more than guys who do.

Pretty sure Hanna is going to start somewhere. Probably at free safety. Sounds like he is talking control of that spot. One of the first things I will look at in the event the football roster is ever updated will be Rob’s weight. Hoping against hope he worked his butt off in the weight room and got up above 180. Believe he is currrently listed at 168. That really made it hard for him to be successsful last season.

I think Greenwood is the other guy who is fighting for the starting FS position. He is another guy who needed to get stronger. Hope he did damage in the weight room too.

Obviously Garrett Williams is going to start at one CB position.

I think Nunn had the upper hand for the other CB position going into spring but it looks Ike he got beat deep today. If Nunn doesn’t win the job, it probably goes to Chestnut. Guessing Atkinson backs up Willams. But based on the videos we have seen, Adrian Cole seems to be playing a lot. Just don’t know where. He seems best suited to CB. But I believe he was listed as a FS late last season, when he got healthy and started to play some,

Coley is surely going to start somewhere. Guessing rover. You want a longshot here? Maybe Malcolm Folk can jump in and steal the starting job. Tony White has shown he is not afraid to start freshmen in the secondary.

Guessing Carter will start at boundary safety. Labrosse could play most anywhere and who knows, maybe Sharod Johnson or Justin Barron could work their way into the rotation somewhere. Though I am pretty sure Justin is playing linebacker.

The good news is that there are a lot of bodies in the secondary and we are unlikely to see that tremendous run of injuries we had there last year. A big part of the injuries was that we were forced to play players who were not ready to play at the P5 level. Hopefully a lot of these guys are 10 or 15 pounds heavier now than they were last season. It is one of those things that will help determine the success of the defense in 2021.
Just an aside that I totally forgot about Jason Simmons, the transfer from New Mexico State.

He can do a lot of things well and has a great chance to start for us from day one.

He sounds really versatile. Can't wait for him to get on campus.

Just an aside that I totally forgot about Jason Simmons, the transfer from New Mexico State.

He can do a lot of things well and has a great chance to start for us from day one.

He sounds really versatile. Can't wait for him to get on campus.
I really think the staff is pushing for him to play the Rover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom