Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

Without saying too much, I was given 2 reasons for lack of media coverage surrounding spring practice. This is straight from the source (not Dino).

Both reasons can probably be guessed by those on this forum, and to some extent have been. At the time of my query, I had my suspicions that the answer would include both reasons.

The reply certainly affirmed what I suspected, and as such I am not satisfied with the answer. There is little legitimacy to both lines of reasoning, and I still believe we should be getting more coverage than we are.

But nothing I can do at this point. Just swallow the pill and live with it.

In the grand scheme of things, seeing a Spring practice is not a world problem that needs solving, or an issue that deserves a lot of time and attention devoted to it. And I have a hunch that the school counts on our ability to let things run off our shoulders, even things that would get other fanbases riled up. So be it

Without saying too much, I was given 2 reasons for lack of media coverage surrounding spring practice. This is straight from the source (not Dino).

Both reasons can probably be guessed by those on this forum, and to some extent have been. At the time of my query, I had my suspicions that the answer would include both reasons.

The reply certainly affirmed what I suspected, and as such I am not satisfied with the answer. There is little legitimacy to both lines of reasoning, and I still believe we should be getting more coverage than we are.

In the grand scheme of things, seeing a Spring practice is not a world problem that needs solving, or an issue that deserves a lot of time and attention devoted to it. And I have a hunch that the school counts on our ability to let things run off our shoulders, even things that would get other fanbases riled up. So be it
According to whom?

I think #2 is probably what everyone wanted to ask/see. I'm sure Dino doesn't mind one bit keeping it under wraps just so all the noise about it is minimized before next season.
Yup that was pretty much the spring game. Thanks for sharing the info

But who threw the ball?

WHO THREW THE BALL?!?!?!?
images

SU also received a $30 million federal handout. That should more than cover their costs. I’m getting tired of all their excuses and Dino’s paranoia. This program is being run half-assed and the AD is allowing it to happen.

A coach who knows the end is near and is reverting to bunker mentality.

I think you're right that he knows this year is make or break. I just think he's banking on making it more that the last couple of guys who were in this position. Why deal with media.fans when COVID provides a bit of cover?

Are we the only ACC team without a Soring game on the ACC network?

If Dino wins 6 games this year I don’t think he’s going anywhere but this bunker mentality really shows a sign of weakness

Sounds like something somebody whose source was Dino would say

Looks like both sides made plays. Barron and GCA on the defense. Courtney continues to make plays. Good to see that. Tucker seems to be separating himself from the backs. Lutz looks physically bigger and natural at RB. He may help us this year. Overall, its nice to see the emphasis on running the ball.

Looks like both sides made plays. Barron and GCA on the defense. Courtney continues to make plays. Good to see that. Tucker seems to be separating himself from the backs. Lutz looks physically bigger and natural at RB. He may help us this year. Overall, its nice to see the emphasis on running the ball.

Oline opening running lanes, promising stuff there. Coop getting after it for sure and man Tucker just glides and is gone

I once threw a pass in football practice after getting a pitch because I saw the WR on my side streaking down and the corner didn't follow him at all. I have a terrible arm but got set enough to get the ball to him and he was paying enough attention to make the grab. He got tackled for like a 20 yard gain. My coach yelled "What was that?!?!?!" and I yelled back "First down!" and he said "What?!?!?!" and I yelled "That's my arm, coach!" and then he had me run a few laps.

That's the best I got.
why didn't your coach yell at the WR for streaking 20 yards downfield and not blocking on a running play? seems like nobody liked you OiG :cool:

If Dino wins 6 games this year I don’t think he’s going anywhere but this bunker mentality really shows a sign of weakness
Strong disagree. Most coaches would do away with all this superfluous stuff - we just have a more accommodating fan base and stricter COVID rules

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom