Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

I do not think DB puts out a depth chart or announce starters until they take the field for the first game. Does not want a qb controversy and also wants the players to keep pushing each other through the summer and camp.

dino wants every guy to think the roster is in pencil and not in ink, one way of doing that is not going on the record

Good thoughts. Im with you on those. Im just not absolutely positive Coley will start. I think he plays some regardless.

unless you are so far above the next guy the defense will play two deep. Right now that might be Williams and that’s it.

dino wants every guy to think the roster is in pencil and not in ink, one way of doing that is not going on the record
Bingo

You said it better than me.

Looks like a shot of the first team offensive line... Left to right: Berg-Davis-Vet-Bleich-Servais.

not surprising. Hopefully Vet has improved
Was hoping for some video of the scrimmage as well but for now, I guess we have to make due with these 4 pictures.

Great picture of Alford executing a high point catch with great technique. Man, we needed someone who could make that play in the red zone last season...

But who threw the ball?

WHO THREW THE BALL?!?!?!?
Tommy DeVito liked the picture of the catch. He was the first one to like it.

If I was a quarterback and saw a picture like that where I was the guy that threw it, I think I would be checking Instagram for a picture of the catch and I would like it as soon as I found it.

But I can’t act like I have been there before because...I have never been there. ;)

If I was a quarterback and saw a picture like that where I was the guy that threw it, I think I would be checking Instagram for a picture of the catch and I would like it as soon as I found it.

But I can’t act like I have been there before because...I have never been there. ;)
I got a couple of tidbits about spring football from a source.

1) The last scrimmage was the one played on Saturday.

2) Schrader has been impressive and looks to be a very serious contender for the starting job at QB.

It ain't much but I hope it is better than nothing.

2) Schrader has been impressive and looks to be a very serious contender for the starting job at QB.

I think #2 is probably what everyone wanted to ask/see. I'm sure Dino doesn't mind one bit keeping it under wraps just so all the noise about it is minimized before next season.

I'm starving here:
I want 3 threads with 50 posts each on tidbit #2. One with video. One with idle speculation and one anonymously attributed quotes from inside the QB room.
Let's make this happen!

I think #2 is probably what everyone wanted to ask/see. I'm sure Dino doesn't mind one bit keeping it under wraps just so all the noise about it is minimized before next season.
Yes, the biggest advantage keeping spring football so under wraps is surely preserving the mystery of who is going to start at QB against Ohio. If nothing else, it is going to make watching that first drive against the Bobcats interesting.

I once threw a pass in football practice after getting a pitch because I saw the WR on my side streaking down and the corner didn't follow him at all. I have a terrible arm but got set enough to get the ball to him and he was paying enough attention to make the grab. He got tackled for like a 20 yard gain. My coach yelled "What was that?!?!?!" and I yelled back "First down!" and he said "What?!?!?!" and I yelled "That's my arm, coach!" and then he had me run a few laps.

That's the best I got.

Yes, the biggest advantage keeping spring football so under wraps is surely preserving the mystery of who is going to start at QB against Ohio. If nothing else, it is going to make watching that first drive against the Bobcats interesting.
I say we break huddle with both.

Really mess with their heads.

And I think Dino is the type of coach that is pretty aware of chatter. He knows what the talk has been about his QBs the last few years and probably would love to keep it all to a minimum until August.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom