Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

Im guessing 90 is Lockett.
Guessing it's not Goulbourne unless he hit the buffet and the juice. Curious who 45 is. Was Darton on last year's roster but didn't recall him having a half sleeve tattoo

Wow Lutz seems to be running with a chip on his shoulder. Kid wants playing time and I can’t see a reason as to why he shouldn’t get it, looks to be the definition of a workhorse.

Strong disagree. Most coaches would do away with all this superfluous stuff - we just have a more accommodating fan base and stricter COVID rules
I don’t know about that. Arizona just had their spring game with Gronk as a captain and then catching a 100mph football dropped out of a helicopter. That doesn’t mean that they’re going to a bowl this year but doesn’t look like they’re running from the press

USC had their spring game in Pasadena and Cali and NY restrictions are pretty much the same

But I’m not even talking about an open spring game. Just a freaking updated roster and maybe a second press conference. I like Dino and think that he has the right offense for the Dome but doing what he’s doing doesn’t project strength in my opinion

Looks like both sides made plays. Barron and GCA on the defense. Courtney continues to make plays. Good to see that. Tucker seems to be separating himself from the backs. Lutz looks physically bigger and natural at RB. He may help us this year. Overall, its nice to see the emphasis on running the ball.

Tucker is one

Lutz and Howard backing up, they bring different styles, gives the team situational flexibility.

Howard makes his money B 2 B

Lutz had shown he can get chunk yardage off tackle

Looks like both sides made plays. Barron and GCA on the defense. Courtney continues to make plays. Good to see that. Tucker seems to be separating himself from the backs. Lutz looks physically bigger and natural at RB. He may help us this year. Overall, its nice to see the emphasis on running the ball.
And did I see a pretty sweet catch from your boy, SM? :cool:

What I find striking about all the video and stills released...

1) Almost no pictures or video of the linemen. When they appear, there is almost always a body in front of them, an arm covering the number, etc. They appear to be working hard to ensure we have no idea who is working with what team. We had the one decent picture from Saturday that might have provided a peek at who is running with the North OL. That has been it.

2) Little film or pictures of established players. Taj has been largely ignored. Queeley has only been shown a little. Tucker must be killing it because he seems to make at least one big play in every video. Lutz and Howard seem to be doing well too. Maybe the biggest takeaway from day one of spring practice is that we appear to be running the ball a lot better than we have in a long timer.

One rarely sees Benson but guys like Maher and Morris appear pretty regularly. Damien Alford and Courtney Jackson get a lot of attention.

Mackenzie Williams, Kingsley Jonathan and Josh Black are almost never shown. Mikel Jones Stefon Thompson, Marlowe Wax and Steve Linton are almost never shown. Meanwhile, walk ons Josh Sweetwood and Ethan Fischler seem to appear in almost every shot.

It is hard to see who throws the ball most of the time. Very nice editing to limit our ability to understand what is going on.

Either a lot of crazy things are happening or the staff does not want anyone to know what the hell is going on.

If coaches had the choice they would never release injury reports or even a depth chart during the season too I bet

Oh I get it, I’m just starved for some info. But the run he had in the vid combined with his performance last year just shows the grit that he plays with.
I hear you, and I like what Lutz brought to the table last season too. It's just funny how we're begging for scraps and narrating these bigger stories from a handful of pictures and half second quick cut video clips.

I don’t know about that. Arizona just had their spring game with Gronk as a captain and then catching a 100mph football dropped out of a helicopter. That doesn’t mean that they’re going to a bowl this year but doesn’t look like they’re running from the press

USC had their spring game in Pasadena and Cali and NY restrictions are pretty much the same

But I’m not even talking about an open spring game. Just a freaking updated roster and maybe a second press conference. I like Dino and think that he has the right offense for the Dome but doing what he’s doing doesn’t project strength in my opinion
my point was coaches don’t like that stuff, generally. It’s extra distraction.

I hear you on an updated roster.

What I find striking about all the video and stills released...

1) Almost no pictures or video of the linemen. When they appear, there is almost always a body in front of them, an arm covering the number, etc. They appear to be working hard to ensure we have no idea who is working with what team. We had the one decent picture from Saturday that might have provided a peek at who is running with the North OL. That has been it.

2) Little film or pictures of established players. Taj has been largely ignored. Queeley has only been shown a little. Tucker must be killing it because he seems to make at least one big play in every video. Lutz and Howard seem to be doing well too. Maybe the biggest takeaway from day one of spring practice is that we appear to be running the ball a lot better than we have in a long timer.

One rarely sees Benson but guys like Maher and Morris appear pretty regularly. Damien Alford and Courtney Jackson get a lot of attention.

Mackenzie Williams, Kingsley Jonathan and Josh Black are almost never shown. Mikel Jones Stefon Thompson, Marlowe Wax and Steve Linton are almost never shown. Meanwhile, walk ons Josh Sweetwood and Ethan Fischler seem to appear in almost every shot.

It is hard to see who throws the ball most of the time. Very nice editing to limit our ability to understand what is going on.

Either a lot of crazy things are happening or the staff does not want anyone to know what the hell is going on.
Yeah, Tomcat. This is all by design. We aren't seeing the oline going to work because this offense is going to begin to look a lot different with our new oline coordinator, and they aren't letting the cat out of the bag.

And I think there is a very big reason why focus has been put on those players that would fill out the depth of this team, and not on known commodities. It sends a message that everyone is important, everyone is needed, and everyone can make a contribution.

Yessir!!!!

Really like the TE group. Mang looks like a big athlete learning the game, he was a core guy on coverage last year. Comes in at 6-7 250. Mahar and Megatron more get up the field than inline guys.

Haven’t seen much Adams so I’m going to assume he and Tucker will rush for 800+ each

1619490708469.png

Really like the TE group. Mang looks like a big athlete learning the game, he was a core guy on coverage last year. Comes in at 6-7 250. Mahar and Megatron more get up the field than inline guys.
Agree. I hope we use them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom