Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

Maybe the board can pitch in to hire the Patriots advance scout to get us some clandestine footage of SU football

Maybe the board can pitch in to hire the Patriots advance scout to get us some clandestine footage of SU football

This thread just took an non-erasable step towards becoming about Boston Media and Eli Manning!!

I won't be surprised if that's how it plays out but I'm a little skeptical if Dino is already leaning one way. I don't think we'll know who starts until just before Ohio.
The comment sounds like it was based on Spring practice performance and not necessarily on the way Dino may or may not be leaning.
But otherwise I agree and I think it goes without saying, based on our experience with Dino, that a starter won’t be named until late fall camp or as you suggest right before the first game, maybe even at kickoff.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I have it on good authority that its looking like Schrader will be the starter with Devito 2nd string.
People who are getting info about the team need to be careful about sharing. It could be pre mature information. A lot of it is probably based on your source's perspective and thoughts. ( which could be right or wrong). Some of the best sources I've had have been wrong. lol. Summer workouts and fall camp is coming up. Lots of time to compete. Lots of time for guys to move up or down. The decision wont be based on spring ball alone.

Last edited:
The comment sounds like it was based on Spring practice performance and not necessarily on the way Dino may or may not be leaning.
But otherwise I agree and I think it goes without saying, based on our experience with Dino, that a starter won’t be named until late fall camp or as you suggest right before the first game, maybe even at kickoff.

For sure, but I think things can change quickly. The guys have 3 months to keep working on their game and then another month of Fall Ball. It should be a great competition.

People who are getting info about the team need to be careful about sharing. It could be pre mature information. A lot of it is probably based on your source's perspective and thoughts. ( which could be right or wrong). Some of the best sources I've had have been wrong. lol. Summer workouts and fall camp is coming up. Lots of time to compete. Lots of times for guys to move up or down. The decision wont be based on spring ball alone.
For sure, I'm just reporting what I've heard. Obviously things could change, but he seems to be the one right now.

I won't be surprised if that's how it plays out but I'm a little skeptical if Dino is already leaning one way. I don't think we'll know who starts until just before Ohio.
Exactly...and if there was/is a clear cut Schrader lead this early in the process, I think it would cause TD and his camp to re-evaluate (transfer) his options. No way Dino shows his cards this early.

For sure, I'm just reporting what I've heard. Obviously things could change, but he seems to be the one right now.
Good point. Well, we will see. At least it gives us something to talk about.

Exactly...and if there was/is a clear cut Schrader lead this early in the process, I think it would cause TD and his camp to re-evaluate (transfer) his options. No way Dino shows his cards this early.
Has Servais moved to Center?

Are they holding Servais’ tackle position open for Willie Tyler - hoping he is good enough and ready to start?

We will not know the starting qb until the offense takes the field in Ohio. I doubt the players will even know the possible starter until game prep the week of the game and that may only be based on who gets more reps with the ones. DB is going to want all the qbs pushing each other.
I would also suspect there will be other positions where the starters will be unknown until game 1. We can speculate based on last year but it’s four months until the start of the season and a lot can change. I’m sure the staff does not want anyone to fell their position is guaranteed based on past performance.

People who are getting info about the team need to be careful about sharing. It could be pre mature information. A lot of it is probably based on your source's perspective and thoughts. ( which could be right or wrong). Some of the best sources I've had have been wrong. lol. Summer workouts and fall camp is coming up. Lots of time to compete. Lots of times for guys to move up or down. The decision wont be based on spring ball alone.
Premature anything is never good!

And GeauxSU Eli Manning is a Saint!!!

All that being said, it's nice to see a rumor fly... Fly baby fly!

If that's true, it means he blew them away this spring, which is a good thing, as I doubt TD got worse.

Last edited:
Is it a situation where if Shrader is #1 right now that Dino goes all in and tells Tommy so he has time to transfer?

I know it’s not likely because we’ll probably need both of them this year at some point. Tommy seems like a good guy and teammate but if he’s not the starter would he want to go start for Kent St or something?

Is it a situation where if Shrader is #1 right now that Dino goes all in and tells Tommy so he has time to transfer?

I know it’s not likely because we’ll probably need both of them this year at some point. Tommy seems like a good guy and teammate but if he’s not the starter would he want to go start for Kent St or something?
Strikes me as an “in the family” thing. I’d hope that whomever ends up at 2 realizes they’ll probably have a chance to play and maybe win the job back over camp and the season.

Competition is good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom