Spring Football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football

Kind of surprised with all the contacts with the university this board has that there is no chatter going on at least to what options are being contemplated for the Spring. Usually some rumors at this point. Hopefully we get some good news here soon. Hell I would watch a Spring game outside if they said I could watch. (And have a beer and hot dog doing so).

Kind of surprised with all the contacts with the university this board has that there is no chatter going on at least to what options are being contemplated for the Spring. Usually some rumors at this point. Hopefully we get some good news here soon. Hell I would watch a Spring game outside if they said I could watch. (And have a beer and hot dog doing so).

43dfdf65-ca5d-4d0d-98f0-bd6e35780ce1_text.gif

I’m fine they are waiting. Finish winter work outs. Give others that were injured in the season more time to heal. Let the new coaches get acclimated. Let the positive rates decrease. There is no rush. They started school almost three weeks later than normal.

you know it's going to happen, why are people so anxious to see it announced.
So I am not “anxious “ but I am a fan soooooo...ya know I would kinda like to know if there will be a Spring game I can take my son to. As stated previously I think it would be a positive for the community if there was a game that fans could go to. I would also add nothing is a given in this environment...its certainly plausible that there will be a spring game that no one can attend due to covid.

So I am not “anxious “ but I am a fan soooooo...ya know I would kinda like to know if there will be a Spring game I can take my son to. As stated previously I think it would be a positive for the community if there was a game that fans could go to. I would also add nothing is a given in this environment...its certainly plausible that there will be a spring game that no one can attend due to covid.

Well if I were you I would assume there will not be a spring game open to the public. But there will be spring football and scrimmages.

and if there is a spring game open to the public that’s great how much time do you need to plan to go?

Well if I were you I would assume there will not be a spring game open to the public. But there will be spring football and scrimmages.

and if there is a spring game open to the public that’s great how much time do you need to plan to go?
How much time do I need to plan to go? Lol...Phat if you want to assume go ahead... you know what they say about assuming though chief. Moving on...

if there will be a game with people, then you also need to figure out the whole get a test thing.. I would plan on what Phat said.. A game maybe, fans probably not. Why go thru the headache of all that for a few people on top of all the testing required if you wont be making money on it..

the Bills had to set up 2 sets of tests and you had easy access to parking to pull it off. Why would SU do it when its gonna cost them money to get it done?

if there will be a game with people, then you also need to figure out the whole get a test thing.. I would plan on what Phat said.. A game maybe, fans probably not. Why go thru the headache of all that for a few people on top of all the testing required if you wont be making money on it..

the Bills had to set up 2 sets of tests and you had easy access to parking to pull it off. Why would SU do it when its gonna cost them money to get it done?
Good call outs on the testing aspects. That certainly is a consideration that could impact the decision or timing. Makes sense.

there’s very little reason not to allow attendance by the end of April, early may for people who have gotten vaccinated or have a recent test if that makes people happy

How much time do I need to plan to go? Lol...Phat if you want to assume go ahead... you know what they say about assuming though chief. Moving on...

I mean you are the one who said you’d kinda like to know if there will be a Spring game. I don’t really see why there is so much angst around an announcement. but whatev

other than its a cost to the school with very little return.

I seriously doubt DB has a spring game open to the public. I’m figuring we will hear very little on any spring practice or players. DB has always held things close to the vest and this year I think he takes it to another level.

They also expanded to 33% capacity today if im not mistaken

As of yesterday, only 4 ACC schools have scheduled a spring game (as per Hokie Mark).

COVID is causing a lot of delays and re-thinking.

I know that last year, the ACC put serious pressure on all ACC schools to have spring football games so they could televise them on ACCN. Football draws the biggest ratings and the better the ratings, the higher the revenue generated.

So if we have a spring game, there is a very high likelihood of it being televised.

The last time I saw Syracuse football players play in person was the season finale against Wake on November 30th, 2019. That was 454 days ago.

Please, end the madness. Have a spring game. Better yet, open spring practice to the public. No pony rides or free ice cream are needed. You don't even have to print up roster sheets.

And update the roster for God's sake! Get the players who have left the program off and get the weights updated. More pictures and some details on off season training would also be greatly appreciated.
Second on the roster at cuse.com Please update it - take players who have left off and add new along with height and weight and bios. PLEASE! Or do you have something better to do??

there’s very little reason not to allow attendance by the end of April, early may for people who have gotten vaccinated or have a recent test if that makes people happy
Pretty sure the rules will be set by the state for admittance requirements.

Second on the roster at cuse.com Please update it - take players who have left off and add new along with height and weight and bios. PLEASE! Or do you have something better to do??

This is still the off-season.

How about you wait until Spring Practice begins.

This is still the off-season.

How about you wait until Spring Practice begins.
OK, Xtreme. Apologies, I thought the roster list could be put together before now. If the 8th is the start of Spring Practice and that is the day things will be updated fine. Five more days is not a huge amount of time. I was following tomcats lead here:
And update the roster for God's sake! Get the players who have left the program off and get the weights updated. More pictures and some details on off season training would also be greatly appreciated.
and had just visited the roster at cuse.com which I saw was not updated and got impatient. Perhaps he's impatient as well. Thank you for the direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom