Spring game 2018 & Spring Practice Dates | Syracusefan.com

Spring game 2018 & Spring Practice Dates

Acuse

Walk On
Any information on when this would be?
My guess is the 3rd Saturday of April which is April 21st. Anyone with any inside information?
I'm trying to plan a trip up there for the weekend and enjoy the game before heading back home.

Might be a good guess. Last year was the 22nd. And there is a lax game that day if they want to set up another double header.

My guess is the 3rd Saturday of April which is April 21st. Anyone with any inside information?
I'm trying to plan a trip up there for the weekend and enjoy the game before heading back home.

I got a save the date message that it will be April 13th. Not sure if the message meant there was an event that night and the game will be the next day but it said April 13th - Friday Night - Spring Game.

Well that would be different.
Looks like two trips to the dome in two days. Carolina lax game the next day.

NOT an event worth a trip from Albany. With no meet and great after on the field, the charm and ability to say hello to our fav players and coaches is gone. And as always the conservative play calling allows the D to dominate .

NOT an event worth a trip from Albany. With no meet and great after on the field, the charm and ability to say hello to our fav players and coaches is gone. And as always the conservative play calling allows the D to dominate .
I understand your opinion and how it differed this past year, but my son was able to get autographs and pictures with Dungey, Ish, Erv, Franklin, Murphy, Bromley, Shamarko, and more. All is not lost.

I understand your opinion and how it differed this past year, but my son was able to get autographs and pictures with Dungey, Ish, Erv, Franklin, Murphy, Bromley, Shamarko, and more. All is not lost.

That's great to hear and tbanks for letting me and all of us here on the board know. How were you and him able to do that?

That's great to hear and tbanks for letting me and all of us here on the board know. How were you and him able to do that?
They had tables set up in the concourses. And yes it was a pain in the arse. The only right way to do it is at tables like the old days. One line in, one line out. No budging.

They had tables set up in the concourses. And yes it was a pain in the arse. The only right way to do it is at tables like the old days. One line in, one line out. No budging.

God bless your patience but geeez, thats a cheap , sterile way to get that done. Not a good look in the dark corridors of the concourses. Not a good optic .

2 years ago the offense scored 13 TDs.

2 years ago the offense scored 13 TDs.

Thank you, good point, just now looking for a reason to make the effort if I was a casual fan. The meet and great on the field was special. Take that away and its an easy call to view on TV.

with the fanfest no show the last couple years they really owe the fans something special

I'll go regardless as I'm already starved to see Cuse on the field in whatever form it takes.

I'll probably go, but, WOW, the 2017 spring game was a lame experience. Very little offensive continuity in the scrimmage and no attempts to make the day fun for fans. Seemed like they didn't have any marketing people employed on the project.

I'll probably go, but, WOW, the 2017 spring game was a lame experience. Very little offensive continuity in the scrimmage and no attempts to make the day fun for fans. Seemed like they didn't have any marketing people employed on the project.

The 2 full timers + a boss aren't enough for you, huh?

EDIT

The 2 full timers + a boss aren't enough for you, huh?

...and no attempts to make the day fun for fans.

For me, the day has never been about the football. When has it ever given you an accurate view into the upcoming season?

It was always a way for me while growing up to get a behind the scenes pass, pictures, autographs etc, therefore making me a life long fanatic.

Now I am providing my kids a behind the scenes pass, pictures, autographs etc, therefore making them lifelong fanatics.

Thank you, good point, just now looking for a reason to make the effort if I was a casual fan. The meet and great on the field was special. Take that away and its an easy call to view on TV.
A nicely worded email to Wildhack & Co. might be helpful here.

There was a meet and greet last year - just like in all previous years.