Spring game 2018 & Spring Practice Dates | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spring game 2018 & Spring Practice Dates

Spring practice threads - I miss you so.

upload_2018-1-30_10-59-49.jpeg

i'm really scratching my head over this one. Most of us diehards try to make the spring game to fill the void between end and start of season. I don't get this at all.

i'm really scratching my head over this one. Most of us diehards try to make the spring game to fill the void between end and start of season. I don't get this at all.
what if its a friday night game? That would be dope

Personally I think the spring game has deteriorated to a point thats its almost unwatchable so I don't really care if they move it to Friday night. That said it does seem odd to do it especially when SU plays UNC in lax at home at 4pm the next day and they could easily make it a double header.

Lame. What used to be a nice relaxing Saturday afternoon with my boys will now turn into a rush, rush, rush for a Friday night and they aren't even butting it up against a lax game or anything? After the complete lack of enthusiasm displayed during last year's spring game, it does seem there is a conscious effort to minimize these events under our new AD. That bozo gopher might have bailed in the middle of the night but I think he had much better ideas relating to fan experience for his customers.

Personally I think the spring game has deteriorated to a point thats its almost unwatchable so I don't really care if they move it to Friday night. That said it does seem odd to do it especially when SU plays UNC in lax at home at 4pm the next day and they could easily make it a double header.

Double headers stink for workers. Also there's not a boom in attendance for the lax game from the football crowd anyways.

EDIT -- Still cool for fans of both but hopefully they make the event cool for a friday night (but I won't hold my breathe there)

Women play at Noon on Saturday, Men at 4 PM.

Lame. What used to be a nice relaxing Saturday afternoon with my boys will now turn into a rush, rush, rush for a Friday night and they aren't even butting it up against a lax game or anything? After the complete lack of enthusiasm displayed during last year's spring game, it does seem there is a conscious effort to minimize these events under our new AD. That bozo gopher might have bailed in the middle of the night but I think he had much better ideas relating to fan experience for his customers.

Well it is on a Friday which is VERY different. I think you should hold final judgement until you see what kind of dog and pony show they are planning.

Maybe it will awesome!!! Maybe there will be a rapper!

I’ll save my opinion until I see the planned festivities.

SU seems to be phasing out the spring game. I imagine this will be one of the smallest crowds they’ve ever had.

SU seems to be phasing out the spring game. I imagine this will be one of the smallest crowds they’ve ever had.

At this point that might as well faze it out. Its become a chore to attend to be honest and most people spend more time interacting with friends they haven't seen since the fall then watching the game itself.

At this point that might as well faze it out. Its become a chore to attend to be honest and most people spend more time interacting with friends they haven't seen since the fall then watching the game itself.

It's all so simple and they're just so bad at this. SO bad.

It’s a poor reflection on the program not be able to draw a crowd for the spring game when a number of schools attract huge crowds. It is what is. I can’t make a Friday night game, but SU has done nothing to make the game attractive.

Dino doesn't want to share. ;)

Oh well, no way I’m busting the kids out of school and taking a day off from work to come up for a Friday Spring game. It’s enough of a pain in the butt when the games actually matter.

In the past ESPN/ACC Network has, on a yearly rotation, carried Spring Games. I don't recall if the scrimmage was on last year. Could it be that ESPN scheduling is the reason it is being held in the evening?

In the past ESPN/ACC Network has, on a yearly rotation, carried Spring Games. I don't recall if the scrimmage was on last year. Could it be that ESPN scheduling is the reason it is being held in the evening?
As OrangeXtreme indicated, the only other option for that weekend would be Saturday night... or Sunday.

Agree...i LOVE Friday night games during the season . The dome and a crowd on a friday has proven to be an advantage for the Cuse! That said , the ever dying spring game on a friday might be the nail in the coffin for some . This "game " isn't an event ,but rather a leisure opportunity to sit back and watch our coaches and athletes and make an afternoon out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom