Spring practice - Quarterbacks - from press conference | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Spring practice - Quarterbacks - from press conference

two things I predict will happen after ED.
1. The YAC for the receivers will go up exponentially because the next QB will hopefully be a pocket passer and will run to throw first ,not run to run first and will hopefully stay in the pocket more and go through more reads. Dungey has not had great OL play but some of that is one him.
2) we will run the ball fare more effectively without Dungey and it wont be close. One of the reasons will be the OL is better and more variety in the running backs but, another reason is the QB will be looking to throw when he is flushed or stay in the pocket and use the whole field to throw, This will force teams to respect the deeper throws and defend more of the whole field which will open up running lanes on quick hitting plays up the middle look at the way Moe ran in the last few games when the QB ran less and threw deeper passes.

I think you will see more of a Dino Babers type offense but because Dungey was the best QB we had and the rest of the talent was not really as good as what it needed to be the offense has been tailored around Dungeys talents. Im not disparaging him im praising him but im also saying once we get a Dino QB and the rest of the offense catches up with the next QB talent we will see more of what we expected.

I met Donovan my junior year, his true freshman year. He was already playing with the hoops team, and my roommate was on the team. My other roommate, a football player and I went back to the locker room after a game and because McNabb didn’t play, he was good to leave early. We talked a bit in the tunnel and went our separate ways. My football playing roommate said then, matter of fact, that he was the next QB. They all knew.
i don't understand why this myth that they didn't all know persists.

Dungey is our clear cut starter.

But just like everyone knew McNabb was the next QB we unfortunately know ED won't finish the season.

So it's prob best for the program if Dungey does end up sitting out spring ball so TD, Rex & Chance, get his snaps

Disagree. Hidden in the last few games was an OL and running game that started to look like Bowling Greens.

I think ED is the starter unless he regresses *passing* (missed reads, INT, etc).

I didn’t see that at all. Maybe I should do acid before our games too.

Dungey is our clear cut starter.

But just like everyone knew McNabb was the next QB we unfortunately know ED won't finish the season.

So it's prob best for the program if Dungey does end up sitting out spring ball so TD, Rex & Chance, get his snaps
This ^^^
We've "lost" entire promising seasons once ED got hurt.
Maybe its his style of play, or maybe its just tough luck.
Either way we should go into the season anticipating the same.
Fool me once...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom