St. John's game: 12/15 Noon ET Fox Sports 1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

St. John's game: 12/15 Noon ET Fox Sports 1

You think grant will only average 7 points this year? I got 50 bucks he goes for atleast 12 a game.
I was going on the low side here to show RutgersAlSJUBall that Syracuse has plenty of reinforcements to replace what we have lost. I think Gbinjie/Cooney can replace the Triche points and Grant is obviously the guy to replace the Southerland scoring in different ways than James scored, and obviously Ennie will replace the MCW points.

SJU does consistently outperform SU - in the name department. Sir'Dominic +Godsgift > Rakeem Christmas

I was going on the low side here to show RutgersAlSJUBall that Syracuse has plenty of reinforcements to replace what we have lost. I think Gbinjie/Cooney can replace the Triche points and Grant is obviously the guy to replace the Southerland scoring in different ways than James scored, and obviously Ennie will replace the MCW points.
that guy. I think this team has better potential than last years team. And we went to the god damned final four. Everything hinges on the 2. We will punt sju in their dink.

that guy. I think this team has better potential than last years team. And we went to the god damned final four. Everything hinges on the 2. We will punt sju in their dink.

Who is going to play the 2 for Cuse? Certainly Syracuse has a big frontline, but some of these guys still have to make strides. SJU's backcourt is big and deep. I think arrogance has caused some of you to realize that it isn't going to be every year that the team replaces 80% of their scoring and is in another Final Four. replacing Southerland, MCW and Triche will be tricky.

Who is going to play the 2 for Cuse? Certainly Syracuse has a big frontline, but some of these guys still have to make strides. SJU's backcourt is big and deep. I think arrogance has caused some of you to realize that it isn't going to be every year that the team replaces 80% of their scoring and is in another Final Four. replacing Southerland, MCW and Triche will be tricky.
We have options at the 2. We find out what works (we have a real coach). And then will beat sju by 14 in our house.

Well we replaced 42.7ppg last year(Kris Joseph 13.4, Waiters 12.6, Fab 7.8, Scoop 8.9) and that ended up with a Final Four.

That we did, but our replacement at the Point was a 6'6 PG who became a lottery pick (gone). We also had an all-conference level SF (CJ) to take over for KJ, and a legitimate 3 point threat (JS)(gone).

CJ's back, along with a formidable front line. That will help. But an inexperienced PG and an unreliable SG make the 25 ppg from last year's starting backcourt look like a 10 foot wall.

Syracuse will have the 3 best players on the court:

CJ Fair (bonafide ACC player of the year candidate)
Jerami Grant (sure fire lottery pick)
Tyler Ennis (sure fire lottery pick)

Syracuse also has the better coach on the sidelines...and oh yeah, more fans in the stands. I was more worried about playing Carlton than I am about playing St. Johns.

I was more worried about playing Carlton than I am about playing St. Johns.
th_shaqoohhh.png

Syracuse will have the 3 best players on the court:

CJ Fair (bonafide ACC player of the year candidate)
Jerami Grant (sure fire lottery pick)
Tyler Ennis (sure fire lottery pick)

Syracuse also has the better coach on the sidelines...and oh yeah, more fans in the stands. I was more worried about playing Carlton than I am about playing St. Johns.

Jakarr Sampson was a ton better than Jerami Grant last year. Not even close, even though i like Jerami Grant a lot as a player. Cj fair is excellent, and Tyler Ennis is unproven. Rysheed Jordan is not taking a back seat to Ennis and SJU has a ton more depth and experience in the backcourt. Furthermore Harrison is a 20ppg scorer and All Big East player, id take Obekpa over Xmas and Coleman any day, and you haven't see Orlando Sanchez yet. SJU has the horses. Carleton might be good in Canada but their competiton is McGill and South by Southeast Ottawa State.

Jakarr Sampson was a ton better than Jerami Grant last year. Not even close, even though i like Jerami Grant a lot as a player. Cj fair is excellent, and Tyler Ennis is unproven. Rysheed Jordan is not taking a back seat to Ennis and SJU has a ton more depth and experience in the backcourt. Furthermore Harrison is a 20ppg scorer and All Big East player, id take Obekpa over Xmas and Coleman any day, and you haven't see Orlando Sanchez yet. SJU has the horses. Carleton might be good in Canada but their competiton is McGill and South by Southeast Ottawa State.
Sampson's a talent, no denying that. But one Johnnie does not a team make. Maybe three or four Johnies. Maybe.

Besides, if he bothers us, I'll take care of him. What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of his leg right at the bottom. He'll never play ball again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.
CaddyShackBillMurrayUnkempt.jpg

And come on. Ennis trumps Sheed. Sorry, but we need a leader. Sheed is not our guy in that regard. And Carleton? I think they had some other competition. Ville. Wiscy. Almost beat our national champs. And throttled a bunch of D1 schools this year already. Check your "facts".

Jakarr Sampson is so much the better NBA prospect that he is too good for Chad Ford's ESPN Draft expert to comprehend how good Sampson when he listed his top 30 prospects. Grant only averaged 4ppg and Ford already has seen enough to rate him 16th. If Grant played at St. John's he would have put double digit points per game last year while at Syracuse he was our 7th guy on a Final Four team. I think Sampson is good college player, but isn't the NBA prospect you with your Red Storm glasses wants to make him out to be compared to Grant. Also, Harrison is one the biggest selfish players in college basketball I am sure Lavin loves that headache.

Chad Ford's Mock Draft 1.0

Last edited:
you are high on PCP.

Flying out of JFK Sunday. Just talked the wife into making sure it was a late flight.

BC football, IU at the dome, and St. Johns at MSG (My first time at MSG)

Best trip to NY ever.
Heck of a trip! Enjoy it, brother. And here's to going 3-0 during that stretch.

yyyyeeaaaa boiiii

Heck of a trip! Enjoy it, brother. And here's to going 3-0 during that stretch.

Well, I talked the wife into booking the later flight, and taking the following day off of work. I havent told her about the game yet lol. I'm pretty sure she will be cool with it, if not, this guy is going AWOL for a few hours

Well, I talked the wife into booking the later flight, and taking the following day off of work. I havent told her about the game yet lol. I'm pretty sure she will be cool with it, if not, this guy is going AWOL for a few hours
That's a great stretch of orange

You sneaky, slippery, conniving, brilliant man!
I would have told my wife, thus would have gone home in the cargo section of the plane and missed all three games.

Every year we get the same SJU troll coming in to explain why THIS year is different. Granted... there is some variance between a reasonably difficult quality win and an embarrassing walk on filled blowout... but the basic story remains the same.

Thanks for stopping by to tell us about our team. I would've had no idea that we lost important players had you not posted here. Why does Syracuse seem to have so much turnover anyway? Seems like we can never keep a guy past four or five years IF WE'RE LUCKY. The best ones leave after one or two. I blame Gross and DestiNY USA.

This year I think it will be more interesting. Last year we didn't even have Lavin for the game. We played with an injured Phil Greene at PG, and a branch out injured. We were thin up front too. This year, none of that will be the case and I think SJU will be one of the few teams out there that matches up pretty well athletically and depth-wise with Cuse. now we just can't let the 2-3 zone stifle us, which is a pretty common occurrence.

Last sentence is the smartest thing you said in both of those posts. The zone is going to rock you, and it won't even be close.

St. John's shot 27.1% from three-point range last year. The team adds Rysheed Jordan - not known as a shooter - to the roster. I might add that Syracuse passed on Jordan and will be starting their first choice at PG.

Who is going to make shots? D'Angelo Harrison is a decent option, but as we have seen decent options don't win many games.

I'll take Syracuse -14 and may go as far as 20 depending on what Roberson adds.

Last sentence is the smartest thing you said in both of those posts. The zone is going to rock you, and it won't even be close.

St. John's shot 27.1% from three-point range last year. The team adds Rysheed Jordan - not known as a shooter - to the roster. I might add that Syracuse passed on Jordan and will be starting their first choice at PG.

Who is going to make shots? D'Angelo Harrison is a decent option, but as we have seen decent options don't win many games.

I'll take Syracuse -14 and may go as far as 20 depending on what Roberson adds.

If you think Cuse passed on Jordan you are nuts. They coveted Jordan til the end. Ennis they were able to land first, and he is a good PG but doesn't have the athletic ability nor dominant driving ability of Jordan. They're different players. BTW, Jordan shot well last year in HS.

As far as shooting goes, we have guys who can make shots. Louisville did a pretty good job last year despite not being a lights out shooting team. Harrison is a very good shooter when he takes good shots, Orlando Sanchez who you haven't seen is also a solid shooter. Jamal Branch killed it in Europe this summer on the European tour. In addition we add Max Hooper who isn't well known, but will come off the bench as a "shooter". He was 10-12 from 3 two weeks ago with 31 points against an Italian pro team and will have to be guarded.

You mention last year, but you dont have last years shooters nor scorers either. Who's going to make shots for Cuse without Triche, Southerland, MCW?. Lots of questions there as well. Sju might have beat Cuse lastyear if not for Southerland who sunk us, and we will be a Lot better this year.

Once agin, we have a lot of pieces we didn't have last year. Orlando Sanchez is a 6'9" combo forward that you guys don't know about, but he's an extremely dynamic forward. He's a gazelle that can match up with Grant without a problem and can get it done at both ends of the court.

I get a feeling like some of you don't know much about this SJU team at all. Certainly the 2-3 stifles people because not many prepare much for it as Cuse is one of the few that plays it with success. Last year we didn't have healthy guards nor forwards that could hang and an entire team of freshmen. Not so this year.

If you think Cuse passed on Jordan you are nuts.
Let's count the nuts, shall we? :)
They coveted Jordan til the end.
he is a good PG but doesn't have the athletic ability nor dominant driving ability of Jordan.
I guess you haven't been watching our guys either. Ennis showed his driving ability the entire year. I watched many complete games. Clearly, you didn't.

Not so this year.
Please tell me how you're doing with predictions. Let's just see. SJU's Crystal Ball:
I've been saying for a while that this one I think boils down to St. john's and Syracuse. McCullough was at SJU practice today. Going to be a close one down the stretch. Not sure what his timeline is just yet.
He was this close. This close!

Lol. You'll see that is not the case. SJU's roster is full of top 60 kids this year. Not guaranteeing Lawrence comes to SJU, but Lavin's SJU is not the one you guys are used to. SJU is landing those big fish now. Narrowly lost on McCullough to you guys who have an excellent program. Actually, rumor I heard today has Jermaine signing in early period with SJU.
Where do you get such accurate rumors?

SJU likely to land Lawrence and only has one ship at this point so would be perfect. Kid isn't soft at all. Injuries don't make you soft. Kid had surgery on his wrist. If SJU lands Lawrence, SJU will have fantastic and long 6'9" front line next year with Jakarr Sampson, Jermaine Lawrence and the nation's best shotblocker Chris Obekpa. I'll take it any day and twice on Sunday.
Fantastic call!

Here's a cute nugget:
St Johns is not getting Lawrence.
Thanks for the info. Lemme write that down.
Guess you didn't write that one down.

And the best for last:

Oh, and I don't think I ever said Lawrence will be better than Robertson. Not sure where you're getting that from?
All good, and spoken like a gentleman.

But let me just refresh your memory.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/if-it-is-found-james-cheated.44211/page-4#post-529303

I have no doubts you said it. ;)

Lawrence is a better player than Robertson. I have no doubts.

Can you tell me what the winning powerball numbers will be?
3378-bfc6f5dbdfba47a25af88f0fd33f4934.png

Last edited by a moderator: