St John's Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

St John's Game Thread...

I respectfully disagree about the style being the issue. This system works when the kids play defense and when we have reasonable guard play. These guys cannot play defense (the fifth year seniors are terrible at it) and our guard play has been the worst I've ever seen at SU. It's not on JB...it's on the players...Just my opinion...[/QUO

JB should adjust to the team that he has. This zone is horrible .Do we run any plays at all? Love JB but its time for him to go play golf

Frustration quickly turning to apathy.

When was the last time we went 0-5 against non-conf major programs?

Half of coaching is recruiting. He can't miss on recruits and then get a pass because of that.
Hard for me to blame recruiting. We have had better players than every team we've faced.

Can you really blame Gillion when he is being coached to run this offense this way.He was not here the last few years. Is this Hopkins offenese

Gillian couldn't run an AAU offense no matter how well he's coached. Plus his defense SUCKS! He's a complete liability.

I respectfully disagree about the style being the issue. This system works when the kids play defense and when we have reasonable guard play. These guys cannot play defense (the fifth year seniors are terrible at it) and our guard play has been the worst I've ever seen at SU. It's not on JB...it's on the players...Just my opinion...
Best coaches recognize when they have to adapt to deal with adversity. If this system doesn't work with these players surely the best option isn't to shrug and say well why else can we do?

Is there any chance we can get Mullen as our next head coachh? Yes Rutgers level question

In theory but there is an erosion of fundamentals when they arrive.

At Wisconsin and vs. a solid and veteran SC team...fine.

UConn, and Georgetown and St. Johns(?) at home? There's no good reason for this. We should be beating these teams even with our flaws. Can't remember an SU team that just had no clue how to win, to this extent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom