St John's Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

St John's Game Thread...

frank was just at the bottom of the paint on that 3 point shot. What

Followed the white guy down who's been hitting as well. i don't know what the right play would have been. Lydon was under the basket completely. Our zone is too extended. We can't make the rotations.

So many teams get adequate to decent guard play but here these guys look like they've never played organized ball as soon as they meet a semi-competent defense. They pass without knowing why or where they're trying to get the ball to.

Meanwhile elite athletes are making great bball plays both sides of the court in UK/UL game.

Not really understanding Frank being in if he's not handling the ball.

Coleman on the defensive boards is about as effective as Autry Jr. would be down low.

At Wisconsin and vs. a solid and veteran SC team...fine.

UConn, and Georgetown and St. Johns(?) at home? There's no good reason for this. We should be beating these teams even with our flaws. Can't remember an SU team that just had no clue how to win, to this extent.

Absolutely worst guard play in SU history. And it's on both sides of the ball.

Followed the white guy down who's been hitting as well. i don't know what the right play would have been. Lydon was under the basket completely. Our zone is too extended. We can't make the rotations.

The right play is for the guards to play the top of the key and not LET wide open shots happen...awful!

Almost all of them. It's bad.

Have we made a needed FT all season? Pathetic. Even our "good shooters" miss every single time that we really need to make 2.
Very emblematic of nobody on our team, aside from Lydon, being able to handle the "pressure".

Absolutely worst guard play in SU history. And it's on both sides of the ball. That's the biggest issue this trap

The right play is for the guards to play the top of the key and not LET wide open shots happen...awful!

He was going to give up a wide open three either way. That's the point.

I would sign up for a Josh Wright/Louie McCroskey starting backcourt right now. Dead serious.

Yeah the reason everyone was out of position was because of Coleman. He stepped up to the high post when he shouldnt have, forcing Lydon to collapse down low, and then leaving Howard out to dry to cover 50% of the court by himself.

Ive been saying all year, Coleman has no clue where to be in the middle of the zone and hes a 5th year senior

I wonder if this board will be even worse after tonight's loss than against Georgetown or has enough apathy set in after the loss vs the Hoyas?

Man, we don't get enough of these ticky-tack fouls when we drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom