Spock344

Walk On
Lastest version:

RPI_________W-L____SOS____(v. Top 50)__(v. Top 100)_RPI100+ losses

#29 Colorado____16-7____49_____3-6______7-7________ 0
#44 Syracuse___16-8___48____5-4_____7-7_______1
# ?? Team A____16-6____82____1-3______4-5________1
# ?? Team B____17-6____104____1-4______3-5________1

It's understandable why Cuse would be below #29 with these numbers w/ the StJ debacle, as all other comparisons with Colorado are equal or better...If we had beaten StJ we'd clearly be #28 or higher (by the Colorado standard).

Now compare SU to Teams A and B. Would it be a fair conclusion that both teams should be below SU in the RPI, considering how they stack up, ?

Apparently not...

Team A: St Bonny - RPI #34
Team B: Wich. St - RPI #41

Yes, each team has a What loss. But apparently our What loss vastly outweighs our comparatively much better Top 50/100 wins and better SOS. Some BS right there...

Last edited:
so lets ask this.. if the NCAA is saying they will look at SU in a vacuum with games JB coached should not the RPI do the same thing and remove those 9 games?

RPI is merely a function of W/L record and SOS. That is it.

You are just confusing things by bringing in top 50 wins and bad losses. Those do not have any direct impact on the RPI.

Euther way. I like the thought process and thanks for the info.

ADDED NOTE There is a road game factor that is part of RPI. So that is why if Team A has the same W/L record as Team B, and Team A has the better SOS, it is still possible for Team B to have the better RPI,

That being said the items at he end of your table matter greatly, and will be why our seed will higher then our RPI rank. My view on RPI is a look at me number. If we get to 9 wins our RPI will be enough that when they start comparing our wins and losses (good and bad) to others I think we will stand up.

Last edited:
upload_2016-2-11_16-45-5.png

I copied a table from RPI Forecast. Between 17 to 21 wins the impact on RPI is about 12 spots.

The other factor that comes into play is road wins /road games and may be the reason for the info you found. The RPI has an adjustment factor for those.

So if you see the following:
Team A 16-8, SOS 41, RPI = 43
Team B 16-8, SOS 31. RPI = 47

It would be the road game adjustment that is causing Team A to be ahead of Team B.

wichita state pisses me off every year. they play nobody. (1 win over a top 50) . and yet demand a high seed.
they always cry "nobody will play us !" as if the university itself had no say whatsoever in scheduling. come off the porch!

Last edited:
wichita state pisses me off every year. they play nobody. (1 win over a top 50) . and yet demand a high seed.
they always cry "nobody will play us !" as if the university itself had no say whatsoever in scheduling. come off the porch!
Agree. It's one thing when they make it through their fluffy schedule with, say, 3 or fewer losses (and even then I think they're borderline worthy of an at-large bid)... but this year they already have 6 losses, and like you said only top-50 win - they should only be in if they win their conf tourney

So would we have been better off losing to A&M and beat St.John's?

Agree. It's one thing when they make it through their fluffy schedule with, say, 3 or fewer losses (and even then I think they're borderline worthy of an at-large bid)... but this year they already have 6 losses, and like you said only top-50 win - they should only be in if they win their conf tourney

The valley blows this year, WSU should win the tourney easy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom