Star Wars: best order for newbies? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Star Wars: best order for newbies?

As much as people criticize Lucas for wooden dialogue, the guy had a tremendous imagination, and dreamt up distinct different worlds. For the reboot, they basically repeated the original movie (number 4 in sequence). Lucas left them a whole storyline for how he would have done movies 7-9, but they tossed it in the trash can. If the next movie is just another repeat of The Empire Strikes Back, I will be very, very disappointed. Lucas had great imagination.

And yes, I agree that the next generation of kids will love seeing them in the order Lucas intended.

Which is... what order?

And what is the best way to watch these movies? Doubt they are on Netflix right?

Which is... what order?

And what is the best way to watch these movies? Doubt they are on Netflix right?
If you have seen Star Wars
I would recommend watching Episode 4 first then 5-6
1-2-3-7
For the first time I would watch them in order they released in the theaters.

If you have seen Star Wars
I would recommend watching Episode 4 first then 5-6
1-2-3-7
For the first time I would watch them in order they released in the theaters.

Yeah I haven't seen any except rogue one, one last year, and revenge of sith

Which is... what order?

Well I'm a dork, so I have the ot on VHS, DVD, the special editions on VHS and DVD, and the entire saga on blu-ray. :)

Which is... what order?

Prequels first, then the 70s / 80s originals.
The new movie, Rogue One, is the bridge between the prequels and the originals.

Which is... what order?

I bought the box sets when it was time to show them to my daughter. There is a prequel trilogy box set and an original trilogy box set. Then just one off single for Ep 7. Will get Rogue 1 when it comes out.

One through six is available in a box set too. Only a matter of time before they sucker me into buying them all again, in a set that includes 7 and RO.:(
But I will.

Last edited:
One through six is available in a box set too. Only a matter of time before they sucker me into buying them all again, in a set that includes 7 and RO.:(
But I will.
I have FiOS and I bought the 6 pack bundle on there when it came out a few years ago. pretty cool, it has all the extra's too.

obviously added Awakens and ready with the thumb for Rogue...

and I can stream it to ipod, iphones etc.

the downside is if I ever drop FiOS I lose them, but whatever...will get again.

I have FiOS and I bought the 6 pack bundle on there when it came out a few years ago. pretty cool, it has all the extra's too.

obviously added Awakens and ready with the thumb for Rogue...

and I can stream it to ipod, iphones etc.

the downside is if I ever drop FiOS I lose them, but whatever...will get again.

Be careful to back them up to an external drive if you can. I have been a FIOS customer off and on and I can tell you that the boxes do die every couple years. Time Warner's boxes are less reliable, but all of these set top DVRs have cheap hard drives in them.

Be careful to back them up to an external drive if you can. I have been a FIOS customer off and on and I can tell you that the boxes do die every couple years. Time Warner's boxes are less reliable, but all of these set top DVRs have cheap hard drives in them.
these are actually in the cloud. yes, when a box goes you lose your DVR'd stuff, but anything you 'bought' you have for as long as you have FiOS. I just got all the boxes swapped out for quantum around thanksgiving and I made sure before I did it that I wouldn't lose all my movies.

Eh, not really. The acting is more sassy, but the movies are not that much better. You just have a soft spot for them because they are what you grew up with.

Personally, I think Lucas realized his dream universe a lot better in the prequels, as the technology and production budget caught up with what he had in mind. In the debut Star Wars, your scariest monster lives in a trash compactor. I mean, please. That's low budget.

And don't get me started on The Teddy Bears' Picnic ending to episode 6.

The original draft for Jedi had nothing to do with Ewoks. The second Death Star was supposed to be in orbit around Kashyyk, the Wookie home world. However, Lucas had a problem. He had already shown Wookies to be a sophisticated and advanced race since Chewbacca was a pilot, and obviously knew how to fix starships. He couldn't realistically show the Wookies as primitive at that point. The audience wouldn't buy it. Thus, the idea for Ewoks was developed. But the audience didn't buy teddy bears defeating the best the Empire had to offer.

Started this past Saturday. Went with IV.

Keep us posted on audience reactions. How'd they like IV? Have you done V yet?

Keep us posted on audience reactions. How'd they like IV? Have you done V yet?
v in a couple weeks. Have to schedule a few weeks out for each episode. They all had seen IV but one, who is a constant complainer (7) and wanted to know where Rey was. So if I had to guess, it will all go great, but the constant complainer who is unpleasable with anything in life, will complain through 7 of the eight movies that there's no bb8 and Rey.

Everyone brought snacks to share. Bonus!

v in a couple weeks. Have to schedule a few weeks out for each episode. They all had seen IV but one, who is a constant complainer (7) and wanted to know where Rey was. So if I had to guess, it will all go great, but the constant complainer who is unpleasable with anything in life, will complain through 7 of the eight movies that there's no bb8 and Rey.

Everyone brought snacks to share. Bonus!
If this isn't a word, it should be. ;)

If this isn't a word, it should be. ;)
Jesus I don't know! Is it not? What would be proper?

Go Bees! ( I went to bville, so when I do something dumb, I say go Bees!)

The way Episode I should have ended:
431220_378646465498146_31635750_n.jpg

Hey what is the update?

Also - thought I would share this. I recently stumbled across a guy who has made "modern" trailers for all the older star wars movies. They are absolutely incredible. I'm completely pumped to watch a movie that came out in 1977 after seeing the new trailer! Most amazing is how absurdly bad the original New Hope trailer was and how with just some music and different cuts of the same footage it looks like it could be coming out in 2017.

He seems to have them for all the Ep 1 - 6 movies, but as a sample here is the original New Hope trailer and the modern version (which in fairness was clearly done before the score and special effects were finished - notice all light sabers are white!):

Here's the fan made modern version:

Star Wars: A New Hope - Modern Trailer

Bonus, one of his two Empire trailers:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Modern Trailer 2

Hey what is the update?

Also - thought I would share this. I recently stumbled across a guy who has made "modern" trailers for all the older star wars movies. They are absolutely incredible. I'm completely pumped to watch a movie that came out in 1977 after seeing the new trailer! Most amazing is how absurdly bad the original New Hope trailer was and how with just some music and different cuts of the same footage it looks like it could be coming out in 2017.

He seems to have them for all the Ep 1 - 6 movies, but as a sample here is the original New Hope trailer and the modern version (which in fairness was clearly done before the score and special effects were finished - notice all light sabers are white!):

Here's the fan made modern version:

Star Wars: A New Hope - Modern Trailer

Bonus, one of his two Empire trailers:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Modern Trailer 2
Nothing to report. Due to the various cruds going around, and Girl Scout functions three of my five nieces are doing, we had to cancel V and have not been able to reschedule until prob April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom