starters for this coming season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

starters for this coming season

Yes that’s a valid concern. Luckily our schedule is pretty soft to start out the season. I think we should be able to work out some kinks and still get a lot of W’s during that span.
GTech game 2 is not soft. Might even be underdogs in Vegas.

Oline will be up in the air through the first couple of games. Fran will not tolerate penalties that kill drives. That may result in movement.
Dline other than Diggs is up in the air but there is a lot of great players.
I maybe drinking the orange koolaid but this appears the best and deepest team in over 20 years. We had some good seasons with nassib and dungey’s senior seasons but the depth and overall talent in my opinion are better on this team.
I know people are very cautious because of the new coaching staff but this team will be really good. The team last year won 6 games and played tuff in a couple other games. That was with a limited offense in some of those games. We kept the core of that team and added better pieces.
This team is going to surprise a lot of people that do not follow the Orange.
Little over 60 days until kick off.

Agree - this is a deep team, with enough top talent in key roles to make a run. You need both depth, and a few difference makers.

I don't worry about dline starters. We likely will play 6 to 8 in rotation.

The oline will need to settle in and build cohesion. I think the guys who were here in the Spring have an advantage in August and early in the season. Petry and Bradford were the starters at guard in the Spring game. The transfers may be bigger, have starting experience elsewhere, but how much shuffling will the staff want to do in 4 weeks. Open question. If you can predict how the shuffling and OL competition will go, good for you. Fortunately, we have more depth and talent in the OL room than at any time since at least 2012.

GTech game 2 is not soft. Might even be underdogs in Vegas.
GT has never been in the Dome, and teams that come in the first time, strange things happen.
Good pro QB's have had bad games in the Dome.
And the Dome will be loud, and for opposing teams that can be scary.

Take a look at these highlights from the 2023 SU-Virginia Tech game. It is the only game I looked at and frankly, it was enough. It brought back some very bad memories.

7 of those sacks were just a 4 man rush. 1 had a 5th guy blitzing.

What a miserable game, it was like a 1990s trip to Blacksburg.

Really looking forward to turning that around in the dome this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom