Starting Our Walk-Ons - Red's Threat | Syracusefan.com

Starting Our Walk-Ons - Red's Threat

Whether he can do it, idk. But I’m confident now more than ever that Autry will give it his all to get the program back to being elite. It doesn’t matter what your production is for the team. Don’t expect to play and transfer out or try and get drafted if you aren’t fully committed to this mission.

I said during the last game thread I’d rather watch the walk ons play the rest of the season. If we are gonna be blown out I’d rather watch players who will hustle and enjoy every second of being on the court. Only a few of our current players seem to care.

Benny shouldn’t see any action the rest of the season. He has gotten multiple chances from Autry and showing the coach up like that is unacceptable.

That wasnt an empty threat or the setting for one if it was.

Empty threats
Whether this actually happens idk and I like to believe the team won’t let it get to this point, but I don’t think it’s an empty threat. I think it’s very clear that he won’t accept mediocre effort. He knows the way culture in the program is currently that it’s not going to work long term, so he is going to do what it takes that even if we don’t succeed it’s not because of our effort.

Evidently, not out of the realm of possibilities according to Red... Would be a hell of a statement if he did.

Not going to happen, but I suspect some playing time messages will be delivered.

I am half expecting an announcement within the next 48 hours that he's no longer part of the program...
What’s the other half of you expecting?

Evidently, not out of the realm of possibilities according to Red... Would be a hell of a statement if he did.

Would be a sophomoric move.
Just yank the chain if a kid doesn't hustle

Good for Coach Autry. He needs to take total control over this team and send the message that the inmates are not going to run the asylum. I don’t think it’s an empty threat. You sulk, you sit. No effort, no playing time. Set the precedent for future groups of players.

Good for Coach Autry. He needs to take total control over this team and send the message that the inmates are not going to run the asylum. I don’t think it’s an empty threat. You sulk, you sit. No effort, no playing time. Set the precedent for future groups of players.

It's a bit of a double-edged sword.

It may be warranted but if he does it, it's also an acknowledgement that he's lost the lockeroom (not exactly a ringing endorsement for a new HC in year 1)

We're not in practice, there might be a walk on or 2 that could play defense better. At least could stay in front of their guys better than last week.

won't be done. BUT j.j. and junior mintz need to sit out at least 2 in the 1st half and i don't care what the score is. both are top 10 MPG ACC. rotate cuffe and cope to get both of those guys on the bench for at least couple minutes to talk and refresh.

if you wanna go all effort

i go: cope, cuffe, brown, carey, ...starling

there's really not enough effort guys to make a starting 5

hima should play more too imo...he at least has the right attitude out there, as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom