Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

Coach said he might end up 6'3" and 240 that is a huge RB or perfect sized LB.

Why stop there? Why not say he could end up as an 8 foot tall mountain of a man who eats kids for breakfast and shoots flames from his ass.

I might have ended up that size too, only I didn't.

Why stop there? Why not say he could end up as an 8 foot tall mountain of a man who eats kids for breakfast and shoots flames from his ass.

The quote from the coach was he is 6'2" and 225 he saw him topping out at 6'3" 240 what is so difficult to understand, or is reading comprehension not your strong point?

Uh oh...is Gus Edwards going to become the Paul Harris of the football team?

I once saw Gus Edwards walk into the zoo and wrestle a lion, and that lion was so impressed with his Gus's physical prowess that he invited him out for brunch and now they play Monopoly every Tuesday.

He's 1 inch and 15lbs from the size his coach said he could get too. Not really much of a stretch :bat:

Zach Allen will be the next big-time star both on and off the field for this team.

did he just say that, I shut down the stream after he committed.

To paraphrase he said Syracuse was basically the “leader since the time they offered” but “it was tough at times”, like “when Miami offered”, they were “my dream school” “but Syracuse is the place me.”

While his Dad said the decision was completely Augustus’ decision to make (meaning Dad doesn’t care where he goes), it sounded to me like AE is rock solid and won’t be wavering. And of course his little bro is a Cuse fan. (of course all bets are off if our season goes south.)

A couple of other quick hitters:

As was mentioned Munson said he’s 6-2 225lbs right now

Vanderbilt offered after sophomore season and was first offer

Rutgers offered 2 weeks before Syracuse did.

Syracuse offered after junior season

Miami recently offered, dream school but “Syracuse is the place for me.”

Jerry Azzinaro and Oregon visited him

Dad talked with island accent. I wonder what the lineage is. Neither kid had an accent that I could tell.

Interesting. I was thinking Zach should get in touch with EO. Both sound like very religious guys.

And welcome aboard, Gus!

The quote from the coach was he is 6'2" and 225 he saw him topping out at 6'3" 240 what is so difficult to understand, or is reading comprehension not your strong point?

A bunch of twisted knickers on here today. Why is it difficult to understand that it was a joke, or is humor not your strong point?

The last stat I saw on his H/W was 6'1" 215, which I believe was earlier in this thread. I guess the point of my joke was that if he's grown that much and gained that much in a short time period, why stop at 6'3", 240? Why not go higher? Why say anything about it at all? He will be what he will be.

And let's not pretend that HS coaches ever tell the truth anymore about the size of their players. Heck, even 25 years ago, if you saw the "official" H/W of my HS team, you would have thought it was an NFL team.

To paraphrase he said Syracuse was basically the “leader since the time they offered” but “it was tough at times”, like “when Miami offered”, they were “my dream school” “but Syracuse is the place me.”

While his Dad said the decision was completely Augustus’ decision to make (meaning Dad doesn’t care where he goes), it sounded to me like AE is rock solid and won’t be wavering. And of course his little bro is a Cuse fan. (of course all bets are off if our season goes south.)

Your last sentence is the key and the most worrisome to be honest. Hopefully we can at least be at 6-6 but again were facing a tough OOC schedule where things could go south quick.

Hey that's what my Diploma says...Universitas Syracusana!

Mine says that too! But my wife's says Syracuse University. She had to make up 3 credits over the summer and in that time period, Mel Eggars retired and Shaw came in, so I got Mel's signature on my diploma too.

Now they're talking about the CFL. Is Gus taking his talents north of the border?

"I've decided I'm going to skip college and play for Montreal."

Yes. Gus Edwards is Cuse Bound. He might be more of an impact player than EO. If the RB position happens to not work out. He could be a stud at LB with that size and speed. But Cuse will make him a RB. They got devan carter with the same measureables to come in and play LB. I see doug hogue potential in both of them. There were talking about Abraham dukuly Kromah, former tottenville player who played LB at Duke. He is now playing in the CFL

Just got home and slowly went through this thread until at 10:31 NailstheCusefan1 simply wrote

CUSE!

Now let's wrap up his buddies.

Yesterday syracuse.comer Liquidtoast wrote:

Not going to happen...hate to burst your bubble but Edwards got Virginia and NC State ahead of the cuse. Ogundeko just loves all the attention at Notre Dame and is buds with Ishaak. Oh and will Funderburk academically qualify??? jury is still out.

Looks like his prediction is toast

Just got home and slowly went through this thread until at 10:31 NailstheCusefan1 simply wrote

CUSE!

Now let's wrap up his buddies.

Yesterday syracuse.comer Liquidtoast wrote:

Not going to happen...hate to burst your bubble but Edwards got Virginia and NC State ahead of the cuse. Ogundeko just loves all the attention at Notre Dame and is buds with Ishaak. Oh and will Funderburk academically qualify??? jury is still out.

Looks like his prediction is toast

Does anyone have any info on Funderburk? Marsh01 and I were wondering about that today.

What is the issue hanging up his matriculation [if indeed there is an issue]? Hard to imagine that it couldn't be resolved in order to get him enrolled.

Great get for Doug and Ansmelo. I hope EO is loyal to his boy Gus. Also, Gus to me, is a LB. He is too up right to play RB. He would be a beast at OLB. Him and Carter really remind me of Hogue.

Does anyone have any info on Funderburk? Marsh01 and I were wondering about that today.

What is the issue hanging up his matriculation [if indeed there is an issue]? Hard to imagine that it couldn't be resolved in order to get him enrolled.

I don't think he makes it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOS says that Edwards and OK are visiting Cuse on Sunday and that it is huge because the staff has an opportunity to close on both Yes Both any news?

TOS says that Edwards and OK are visiting Cuse on Sunday and that it is huge because the staff has an opportunity to close on both Yes Both any news?

Scheduled in advance of the commitmemt, I believe.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

it means they have one -- now they can close the other (EO) and land both

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom