Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

I am going to continue to stay positive and believe that these recruits are merely going to a game close by and seeing their school (SU!!!).

Edwards went to the game with a bunch of Tottenville players, who were invited as a team.

Edwards went to the game with a bunch of Tottenville players, who were invited as a team.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for sharing the info.

Wonder why he hung in the recruit pavilion and the locker room. Do you know if his whole team did that or why the other 2 were with him? I think they just like the attention.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wonder why he hung in the recruit pavilion and the locker room. Do you know if his whole team did that or why the other 2 were with him? I think they just like the attention.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
The way I see it is if they go as a recruit they get free tiks, etc to the game. We cannot give them tiks unless it's a home game (we were able to do this for USC game). Rutgers will allow basically any recruit to come to their games especially D1 calliber. Kudos to Rutgers for allowing committed players of other schools to attend their functions but it's smart because it gives them access to the guys and their teammates that may be there with them. I assume all the pavilion/locker room stuff is just part of the deal for the recruits that are attending the game.

Things can always change but I consider these 3 to be as solid as they get at this point in time in the way they talk up SU on twitter and articles, etc. I'd be a lot more concerned if they were visiting Rutgers for random games when we were not playing them, but oh well that stuff happens too. I agree they all do like the attention, though.

I assume this has to do with everything that's happening with the girl who jumped and nothing to do with SU in particular.

Yes, because the very next Tweet is something to the extent of "don't interpret this the wrong way".
Is Gus on schedule for January enrollment? I think the sooner he gets to SU the better for him.

John Garcia from Scout tweeted that Gus picked up a Florida State offer.

If he really is friends with EO, it worries me. Don't forget EO backed out of a UConn commitment.

If he really is friends with EO, it worries me. Don't forget EO backed out of a UConn commitment.
Idk. He said the other day he's not one to back out of a committment, and I will take him at his word on that.

AC@AC_TheFuture
Dammmnnnn .
Retweeted by RIP Felicia Garcia

I don't think he is going to back out of his commitment either. Here he is retweeting Cornelius after the game. He seems pretty tight with AC.

Gus ain't goin' nowhere.

Maybe a girl made some bad choices and then becomes a source or target of ridicule.Committing suicide is the worse choice she could have made but if the reasons are valid more lives will go down the toilet. High school is one of life's toughest ordeals for many people. Its filled with lost opportunities and bad choices. It goes to form us in our adult years.A painful gauntlet for many. Many would like to do those years again but thats the biggest problem of all. Its one time and out. Most don't get that multi million $ contract either.

Maybe a girl made some bad choices and then becomes a source or target of ridicule.Committing suicide is the worse choice she could have made but if the reasons are valid more lives will go down the toilet. High school is one of life's toughest ordeals for many people. Its filled with lost opportunities and bad choices. It goes to form us in our adult years.A painful gauntlet for many. Many would like to do those years again but thats the biggest problem of all. Its one time and out. Most don't get that multi million $ contract either.
Cali can we not pass judgement on something no one actually knows anything about? There is never a valid reason to commit suicide.

There is never a valid reason to commit suicide.

I respectfully disagree.

But, with Gus and this situation, we need all the information on this before we can pass judgement fully on what exactly to do and how to react.

Emotional abuse has been around forever and even though it's painful and sometimes inhumane no one can stop it especially high school teachers and administrators. My hope is always that parents do as much as they can to teach kids to make wise choices in those situations. If a young person commits suicide something unusual is going on. We need to know the facts obviously.

In many situations the deeper issues at play are the actual determining factors and they include innate psychological issues as well as issues with the attachment figures at home and experiential factors like neglect and abuse at home. I hope for the sake everyone involved that there was no physical abuse or anything directly linking other students to this girls decision to take her own life. The authorities definitely need to investigate the matter to find out.

So they are punishing the FB players for having sex with the girl? There is not anything indicating the players tormented the girl.

So they are punishing the FB players for having sex with the girl? There is not anything indicating the players tormented the girl.

The girl was 15 - could be a statutory issue.

The girl was 15 - could be a statutory issue.

I don't think any statutory issues apply here as all of the FB players are 18 or younger and she was 15.

Third-degree rape for anyone age 21 or older to have sexual intercourse with someone under age 17
Second-degree rape for anyone age 18 or older to engage in sexual intercourse with someone under age 15. The fact that the offender was less than four years older than the victim at the time of the act is an affirmative defense.
First-degree rape to have sexual intercourse with someone (1) less than age 11 or (2) less than age 13 if the actor is age 18 or older

I don't think any statutory issues apply here as all of the FB players are 18 or younger and she was 15.

Third-degree rape for anyone age 21 or older to have sexual intercourse with someone under age 17
Second-degree rape for anyone age 18 or older to engage in sexual intercourse with someone under age 15. The fact that the offender was less than four years older than the victim at the time of the act is an affirmative defense.
First-degree rape to have sexual intercourse with someone (1) less than age 11 or (2) less than age 13 if the actor is age 18 or older
Then presumably nothing is happening that prevents gus from coming here. Regardless of the central issue here,its the thing we care about here.

Yes, unless something unusual happened here the young girl made the very sad decision to take her own life. This usually has more to do with constitutional psychological disorders or some kind of disorder she developed with her caregiver or through some kind of neglect or abuse at home. It would have to be a rare and very abusive situation for teenage boys to be somehow responsible for the girl's suicide, but we do not know until we have the facts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom