Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

My guess. They already closed on Edwards, and having him visit with EO gives the staff a chance to close with "both".

TOS says that Edwards and OK are visiting Cuse on Sunday and that it is huge because the staff has an opportunity to close on both Yes Both any news?

Paranoia has set in!

Edwards is all Orange. Let's hope that package deal rumored a while back comes to fruition.

God damnit KC. You dont know this yet? Do I have to spell it out?

Glengarry%2BGlen%2BRoss%2BBaldwin.jpg

AE4_Era (@GodsGiftGUS)
8/7/12 8:38 PM
I'm about to start asking girls how they feel before coming over.Tired of girls coming through on they monthly smh.

What does this have to do with football?

To paraphrase he said Syracuse was basically the “leader since the time they offered” but “it was tough at times”, like “when Miami offered”, they were “my dream school” “but Syracuse is the place me.”

While his Dad said the decision was completely Augustus’ decision to make (meaning Dad doesn’t care where he goes), it sounded to me like AE is rock solid and won’t be wavering. And of course his little bro is a Cuse fan. (of course all bets are off if our season goes south.)

Well, our season will go south next year, that is for sure, in the good old ACC Country that is!

Zach Allen will be the next big-time star both on and off the field for this team.
I like Zack Allen's possibiliies here in those areas and look for him to be huge but the big BUT is that no one should discount Austin Wilson's ability to compete very well with ZAck. This kid has a lot of talent and isn't a whole lot slower running the ball if required. Its going to be a huge battle and we will be winners after its decided. A third name might even be heard from in Terrell Hunt. John Kinder is the real underdog in this battle for the top spot in 2013.:p

Well, our season will go south next year, that is for sure, in the good old ACC Country that is!
OK yes in ACC country but the team is going to come together for a big season. I really don't see any big weakness in the team next year. I'd be happy to read any thoughts on that if anyone disagrees . The only thing that I see that stands out a bit is that we will have a new QB taking snaps.ut that new QB will be here in the spring and summer to work on his game. Not as bad as coming in in August and then starting as a shiny new rookie.

OK yes in ACC country but the team is going to come together for a big season. I really don't see any big weakness in the team next year. I'd be happy to read any thoughts on that if anyone disagrees . The only thing that I see that stands out a bit is that we will have a new QB taking snaps.ut that new QB will be here in the spring and summer to work on his game. Not as bad as coming in in August and then starting as a shiny new rookie.
I meant litterally playing "South" as in in the south! :noidea:

being a Virginia resident, I am most excited about supporting the team on teh road at MD, UVA and VT each and every year as I always did against WV. I really didn't like the Pitt stadium, did that only once.

All business: Talented Tottenville striving for elusive title

By JOSEPH STASZEWSKI
Last Updated: 12:01 PM, August 26, 2012
Posted: 11:58 AM, August 26, 2012

Share on emailShare on facebookMore Sharing ServicesMore Print

The Tottenville seniors have seen everything but a PSAL city championship during their careers. They made a trip to the final as freshmen and suffered two straight semifinal losses the last two seasons.
"Right now we are going behind the title unfinished business," Syracuse-bound running back Augustus Edwards said. "We came so close the last three years."
While coach Jim Munson said his team isn't declaring itself Yankee Stadium-bound in August, he hopes the season-ending defeats to Fort Hamilton and Erasmus Hall continue to motivate his players. Each year they suffered key injuries before the semifinals. Last year it was quarterback Brandon Barnes tearing his right ACL. It caused the Pirates to shuffle pieces around and become run-centric. Barnes is back healthy and ahead of schedule.

Tottenville's Brandon Barnes is back at quarterback after tearing his ACL last season.

Tottenville's (from left to right) Andre Darnt, Kevin Coughlin, Eric James, head coach Jim Munson, James Munson, Brandon Barnes, and Augustus Edwards hope the lead the Pirates to a PSAL city titile.

"That poise as well has his athletic ability really makes us a better team," Munson said.
Barnes, who is 18-2 as a starter in two years, has been brought along cautiously. It hurt him to watch his team fall in the final seconds to Erasmus. He gives the Pirates a dual threat and will have an array of returning weapons.
"Seeing us lose from the sidelines, I felt really helpless," Barnes said.
This year he will be there to help orchestrate what could be one of the city's most explosive offenses. Augustus, who will also play linebacker/defensive end, gives Tottenville arguably the best running back in the area. He has come in with 20 extra pounds of muscle, an extra inch taller and Munson said he is even faster than last season. Maliique Belfort, a 6-foot-5 wide receiver, can stretch the field and Kevin Coughlin is a blue-collar slot receiver with great hands. Andre Darnt, who can be used all over the field, is the backup running back along with Frank Russo.
"I'm planning on it being my best year," Edwards said.
They will work behind a veteran offensive line with three returnees in lone senior Paul Palieo, Alton Sterling and Scott Smith. Matt Rizzi, Brian Murphy and Ariel Amaya are all competing for the two remaining starting spots at center and guard.
Defense, an area Munson said tmight be "hurting" in, will feature a number of new faces after losing eight starters. Eric James is back at cornerback and James Munson, the coach's son, returns at free safety. Rocco Fama will move from the defensive line to linebacker. Joseph Ojo, who has and endless motor steps in at defensive end. St. Joseph by the Sea transfer Rich Lam slides in at defensive tackle and Palieo, Sterling and Rizzi will rotate at the other tackle spot. Nick Feriloi has impressed at linebacker.
"We definitely have a lot of athletes on the field," James Munson said. ... "The defensive line is quicker than we were last year.”
The PSAL realigning its league leaves its top six squads, like Tottenville, with a much harder schedule than in years past. It's a challenge the Pirates, who open with Fort Hamilton, are embracing, something they feel will only aide in their attempt at a title run.
"You would hope [the seniors] get a sense of urgency," Jim Munson said. "This is it."
jstaszewski@nypost.com

All business: Talented Tottenville striving for elusive title

By JOSEPH STASZEWSKI
Last Updated: 12:01 PM, August 26, 2012
Posted: 11:58 AM, August 26, 2012

Share on emailShare on facebookMore Sharing ServicesMore Print

The Tottenville seniors have seen everything but a PSAL city championship during their careers. They made a trip to the final as freshmen and suffered two straight semifinal losses the last two seasons.
"Right now we are going behind the title unfinished business," Syracuse-bound running back Augustus Edwards said. "We came so close the last three years."
While coach Jim Munson said his team isn't declaring itself Yankee Stadium-bound in August, he hopes the season-ending defeats to Fort Hamilton and Erasmus Hall continue to motivate his players. Each year they suffered key injuries before the semifinals. Last year it was quarterback Brandon Barnes tearing his right ACL. It caused the Pirates to shuffle pieces around and become run-centric. Barnes is back healthy and ahead of schedule.

Tottenville's Brandon Barnes is back at quarterback after tearing his ACL last season.

Tottenville's (from left to right) Andre Darnt, Kevin Coughlin, Eric James, head coach Jim Munson, James Munson, Brandon Barnes, and Augustus Edwards hope the lead the Pirates to a PSAL city titile.

"That poise as well has his athletic ability really makes us a better team," Munson said.
Barnes, who is 18-2 as a starter in two years, has been brought along cautiously. It hurt him to watch his team fall in the final seconds to Erasmus. He gives the Pirates a dual threat and will have an array of returning weapons.
"Seeing us lose from the sidelines, I felt really helpless," Barnes said.
This year he will be there to help orchestrate what could be one of the city's most explosive offenses. Augustus, who will also play linebacker/defensive end, gives Tottenville arguably the best running back in the area. He has come in with 20 extra pounds of muscle, an extra inch taller and Munson said he is even faster than last season. Maliique Belfort, a 6-foot-5 wide receiver, can stretch the field and Kevin Coughlin is a blue-collar slot receiver with great hands. Andre Darnt, who can be used all over the field, is the backup running back along with Frank Russo.
"I'm planning on it being my best year," Edwards said.
They will work behind a veteran offensive line with three returnees in lone senior Paul Palieo, Alton Sterling and Scott Smith. Matt Rizzi, Brian Murphy and Ariel Amaya are all competing for the two remaining starting spots at center and guard.
Defense, an area Munson said tmight be "hurting" in, will feature a number of new faces after losing eight starters. Eric James is back at cornerback and James Munson, the coach's son, returns at free safety. Rocco Fama will move from the defensive line to linebacker. Joseph Ojo, who has and endless motor steps in at defensive end. St. Joseph That Edwards has "grow grown by the Sea transfer Rich Lam slides in at defensive tackle and Palieo, Sterling and Rizzi will rotate at the other tackle spot. Nick Feriloi has impressed at linebacker.
"We definitely have a lot of athletes on the field," James Munson said. ... "The defensive line is quicker than we were last year.”
The PSAL realigning its league leaves its top six squads, like Tottenville, with a much harder schedule than in years past. It's a challenge the Pirates, who open with Fort Hamilton, are embracing, something they feel will only aide in their attempt at a title run.The fact that Edwards has grown physically and become "faster is in my mind too good to be true. At his age its possible of course so if and when he signs the LOI we are getting a better version of what was first expected. I love that especially if we really get lucky ans Laray comes as werll.We could be among the best backfields in the country. I'm not forgetting about our new QBs . I believe one of those two kids will be exceptional. Which one will be decided on the field.They will require correspondingly talented WRs.couchburn
"You would hope [the seniors] get a sense of urgency," Jim Munson said. "This is it."
jstaszewski@nypost.com

Is he projected to play LB or RB for the Orange?
I believe that anything other than RB would be like trying to get rid of Big Bird. A very bad mistake.With Devan down and out the MIKE spot may need a quality infusion of talent so if he plays LBer let it be there. IfLaray comes the deal could be sealed.

I believe that anything other than RB would be like trying to get rid of Big Bird. A very bad mistake.With Devan down and out the MIKE spot may need a quality infusion of talent so if he plays LBer let it be there. IfLaray comes the deal could be sealed.
Had to go political, didn't you... Oh Lord

Is AC, Alvin Cornelius? And if so, that is good, right?

Seems like it would be good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Seems like it would be good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I am going to continue to stay positive and believe that these recruits are merely going to a game close by and seeing their school (SU!!!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom