Status of Indoor Football Facility | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Status of Indoor Football Facility

=

I was told to spread the word because much help will be needed.

I'm pretty good with a hammer, and I've hung my share of sheetrock. I wouldn't want to do any electrical work.

The FHCDM Indoor Practice Facility

images-2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

That would be .6% of what is needed

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3
Is it a 20M dollar facility? Or we're you just throwing out a number?

The last I heard was that it was going to be $30m for the facility.

Is there a way to donate DIRECTLY into this project? Not into the general athletic program, not into the new pee troughs, not into band uni's...but directly into the Practice Facility project?

As has been indicated several times since just before the coaching carousel hit Manley, there's an athletics donation page where you can stipulate that your donation is only to be used for an indoor practice facility. This is a bit crude, but should send your money to the right cause.

There was lots of discussion about this at the time. The expectation is that there would be an actual public campaign to raise the funds. This should involve a dedicated page with project details and a simple "donate now" button. Additionally, one would expect current donors and season ticket holders to be directed to said page and provided with a simple donation form for those who are Internet-averse. Having included that with last year's season ticket package would've been nice.

Just to add to Orange PA's Post, FWIW the few nuggets i heard and perhaps someone else can confirm :

* should be officially annouced this week

*Construction will start immediately.

* Fundraising will be called the "I'm In" Campaign, not sure how it will work but the idea is to give more ownership of the program to the fans.

Just to add to Orange PA's FWIW the few nuggets i heard and perhaps someone else can confirm :

* Fundraising will be called the "I'm In" Campaign, not sure how it will work but the idea is to give more ownership of the program to the fans.

Bottoms up approach since top down didn't work too well.

Just to add to Orange PA's FWIW the few nuggets i heard and perhaps someone else can confirm :

Sounds promising. Good to hear they are learning from the mistakes they have been making with fund raising.

In the end though, it comes down to the fans and how much they choose to support the program.

that is the big news about the campaign in my opinion - this will give the new staff a nice new selling point while they're out recruiting their asses off for next year's class :cool:

love seeing them being proactive to support the program and trying to sustain the upward momentum into the ACC :)

that is the big news about the campaign in my opinion - this will give the new staff a nice new selling point while they're out recruiting their asses off for next year's class :cool:

love seeing them being proactive to support the program and trying to sustain the upward momentum into the ACC :)

I hope its correct, i have no reason to doubt the information. Hopefully the will market the hell out of the Campaign at the basketball games.

Adding to what OrangePa & oldpinepoint have said, it seems like the BOT approved approx $15 million in addition to $ already raised this past weekend at a meeting in Miami.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Adding to what OrangePa & oldpinepoint have said, it seems like the BOT approved approx $15 million in addition to $ already raised this past weekend at a meeting in Miami.

Good Info DCCuse, any idea on the final cost for the Practice facility?

I don't. My source had to run into a meeting and hadnt got to that yet.

I don't. My source had to run into a meeting and hadnt got to that yet.

Text them :)

Huge news. Commend the BOT for taking this step.

Bottoms up approach since top down didn't work too well.
Not necessarily. SU usually doesn't announce campaigns until a substantial amount of funding has already been obtained. Note the recently concluded $1 Billion campain.

The last I heard was that it was going to be $30m for the facility.

Is there a way to donate DIRECTLY into this project? Not into the general athletic program, not into the new pee troughs, not into band uni's...but directly into the Practice Facility project?

$30 million! That's twice what USF is spending on their new IPF and 4 times what Georgia Tech recently spent on theirs. Should be a damn nice facility or is the difference attributed in large part to the cost of doing business in NYS?

Regardless, I'm in.

$30 million! That's twice what USF is spending on their new IPF and 4 times what Georgia Tech recently spent on theirs. Should be a damn nice facility or is the difference attributed in large part to the cost of doing business in NYS?

Regardless, I'm in.

Union Electricians

sopranosconstruction.jpg

Money raised in Miami this past weekend? Go on ...