Steve Bush anyone? | Syracusefan.com

Steve Bush anyone?

Stern

All American
Is a coach with the Dolphins and will be out of work in 3 weeks.

Any chance Marrone can bring him back to the Cuse to be part of the staff?

Can he recruit and sell the program, overcoming the built-in obstacles we still have?

He did one hell of a job at West Genny running a spread offense. I would give him the OC position and move Hackett to special teams coach.

I also know the past couple years with the Fins as a offensive quality control coach they were in the bottom 3 or 5 for being least penalized. With the amount of personal foul flags SU had this year, he could hopefully fix that among other things.

Why? He did nothing here.

Wow. Are you serious? People have such short memories.

This guy was Exhibit A in Coach P's final years as to why we needed to clean house. Bad recruiter, got the job because of a family connection, zero relevant (ie. major Div 1) college coaching experience. He added nothing.

Wow. Just wow.

How do you know that?

Just askin?

He was only the QB coach whose QB didn't improve and the times I was at practice (many at that time) the head coach spent a lot of time with the QB's and the QB coach. That says a lot. He also didn't recruit anyone. He did a great job in HS but not all HS coaches are cut out to be D1 coaches. He went to the NFL but if he was all that as a coach, he'd be a bit more than a quality control guy. Big picture, he wouldn't add anything and I would say Hackett is better.

Just sayin. :)

KO, care to share your thoughts on your old high school coach?

He went to the NFL but if he was all that as a coach, he'd be a bit more than a quality control guy. Big picture, he wouldn't add anything and I would say Hackett is better.

Wasn't Hackett a quality control coach before coming to SU?

Wasn't Hackett a quality control coach before coming to SU?

I believe so. Not saying I think he is doing a bang up job either.

If Dennis Goldman isn't coming along as part of the deal, then I ain't buying. Watch your back Rob Moore, old sheriff might be coming back to town.

He was only the QB coach whose QB didn't improve and the times I was at practice (many at that time) the head coach spent a lot of time with the QB's and the QB coach. That says a lot. He also didn't recruit anyone. He did a great job in HS but not all HS coaches are cut out to be D1 coaches. He went to the NFL but if he was all that as a coach, he'd be a bit more than a quality control guy. Big picture, he wouldn't add anything and I would say Hackett is better.

Sid Gilman wouldn't have been unable to get much more out of the QBs we had at the time.

And, in fairness, Perry Patterson did improve and did have some decent moments as a sophmore in 2004.

As I recall the HC at that time was instructed by the AD to spend more time with the offense, having demoted GD from OC.

Right?

I don't even remember this guy in the program. That tells me something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom