Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

The only possible knock I can have on the kid is that it doesn't seem like he's got a whole lot of YAC ability just from what I've seen, but you can't possibly deny that he's got some of the best hands you've seen on a high school prospect

The only possible knock I can have on the kid is that it doesn't seem like he's got a whole lot of YAC ability just from what I've seen, but you can't possibly deny that he's got some of the best hands you've seen on a high school prospect

At this point I'm more worried about guys who can get yards during the catch vs YAC guys. We need someone who is a threat 10-20 yards down field so we can throw something other than wr screens.

Problem with most highlight reels we see, the competition is weak. Ishmael is playing against real defensive players, so I'm not too worried that we don't see a lot YAC. You put him on a team against NYC players and we'd see a highlight reel of YAC. IMO.

I thought the same thing.

Problem with most highlight reels we see, the competition is weak. Ishmael is playing against real defensive players, so I'm not too worried that we don't see a lot YAC. You put him on a team against NYC players and we'd see a highlight reel of YAC. IMO.

Don't need much YAC in the Red Zone "Touchdown!!!" (think Tecmo). Redzone is where we have had some issues over the past few seasons it would be really be nice to toss a successful jump ball to the corner of the endzone on a consistent basis.
Ok we can stop ragging on JMc he's new.

Last edited:
You need to look at the tape again. He had 14 red zone TD's, any number of sideline catches, tight coverage catches and several YAC plays.

So sick of the basketball school line. Obviously being run on him by other college coaches and probably done with a majority of our contested recruits. Tough to overcome without recent sustained success on the gridiron. Just nauseates me every time i hear it.

Btw, what's Florida? ;)

So sick of the basketball school line. Obviously being run on him by other college coaches and probably done with a majority of our contested recruits. Tough to overcome without recent sustained success on the gridiron. Just nauseates me every time i hear it.

Btw, what's Florida? ;)

I would like to see him say that we are a bball school only to Floyd Little directly...

The kid honestly reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald. The way he uses his hands in jumpball situations and then goes up and gets it. He just looks the part.
That...and the hair.

Spread the word!

Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit 12h
Crazy how lame the B1G atmospheres can be in football and how wild it can be for hoops. B1G has become a basketball conference!!
Retweeted by Andy Katz

The kid honestly reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald. The way he uses his hands in jumpball situations and then goes up and gets it. He just looks the part.

Good comparison. He has that knack for winning 50%-50% balls all good WRs have. Looks like a tough kid too. Think he might prove very good catching passes over the middle like Lemon did so well.

Given the opposition (he is going against some of the best DBs in the country in those plays), the film is even more impressive.