Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

Oh, you mean the Syracuse.com contingent...

Sorry to hear that man, but I for one would be interested in those damn nuggets!

I second that! All I really know about is what happens in GA.

I've posted multiple nuggets on the recruiting board over the past two years. I don't anymore for two reasons. Respect for my colleagues who give me some great information at times and because some people get high horsed and challenge the things posted/act negatively towards information they don't agree with/don't want to hear. Frankly, at times it's not worth posting publicly.

It's the reason I stick to the Personal Messages with the people I trust on this board when it comes to giving the information given to me from the AD.

I have to say the one major negative to moving to this site has been the limited amount of insider info compared to what we used to get from TOS. The benefit to a pay site is that we had posters with inside info or an obvious knowledge of the recruiting process posting good info that was obviously legit. I always looked forward to recruiting tidbits from DCCuse after a visit weekend. I loved opening threads started by CIL. Don't remember seeing DownTheField on TOS but it appeared pretty obvious that he had some knowledge about the process and how it works - seems he slowed his posting when people flamed on him for posting info last year that turned out to be right. And there are obviously many more who gave great details. Now it seems those with the connections post a lot less specific info because there are many more posters who like to flame or decide they want to question insiders info without knowing that some of these insiders have been around for years posting good info - they don't need to reveal their sources and hell, they're info should not be questioned since they have provided good info throughout the years. A lot of internet tough guys seem to have ventured to this site from Syracuse.com and seems to have pushed a lot of the good posters away from posting.

I think there will always be someone challenging info but I hope that doesn't discourage posters from giving up info. There is always the ignore button. Plus if you allow the negative contingent to take over than this is no better that an upscale syracuse.com. I hope that people will still share info because I believe that is why most come here.

I think there will always be someone challenging info but I hope that doesn't discourage posters from giving up info. There is always the ignore button. Plus if you allow the negative contingent to take over than this is no better that an upscale syracuse.com. I hope that people will still share info because I believe that is why most come here.

Easier said than done. It's absurd how people attack you if they disagree with your info. That's why I stopped posting a lot of info last year during the end of the Marrone era.

Easier said than done. It's absurd how people attack you if they disagree with your info. That's why I stopped posting a lot of info last year during the end of the Marrone era.

I think the 3 people who liked your post Rocco can echo your sentiments completely.

I think the 3 people who liked your post Rocco can echo your sentiments completely.

I am the 4th all though I didn't bring much value in terms of inside info or at least good info. I really enjoyed reading all the posts you guys made over the years and do miss the content you guys provided.

The worst one was when Albany got absolutely slaughtered during the Nerlens Noel decision fiasco.

Holy crap. I completely forgot about that thread. People really didn't realize how close he was to actually signing with Cuse.

The worst one was when Albany got absolutely slaughtered during the Nerlens Noel decision fiasco.

Or the 2000+ post thread on Ogundeko... there were some doozy's in there by idiots that no longer post here.

I've never understood why people criticize posters for posting info. I appreciate all the inside information and nuggets but I've always been of the opinion that you take it for what's it's worth. This is not CNN, it's a fan board. Things change, recruiting is fluid, you can't read the mind of a 17 year old kid. You appreciate the information because were fans but you cannot take it as gospel. This is entertainment to me.

Agree bnoro, but on the hoops side much of it is expected. Something as simple as a negative Gottlieb tweet can make that board look like this one after a 56-0 drubbing. It's much more the norm than the exception.

That's uncalled for and I can't believe you have the nerve to post and then decide to not post. It's people like you who don't post and then leave others wondering why you don't post when you used to post. Makes me wonder why you ever posted in the first place. Nobody ever attacks anybody on the internet - especially here - so stop being a roodie pooh candy ass and deal with it!

Getting attacked on the internet... Pfft! Next thing you're going to say we landed on the moon... :)

That's uncalled for and I can't believe you have the nerve to post and then decide to not post. It's people like you who don't post and then leave others wondering why you don't post when you used to post. Makes me wonder why you ever posted in the first place. Nobody ever attacks anybody on the internet - especially here - so stop being a roodie pooh candy ass and deal with it!

Getting attacked on the internet... Pfft! Next thing you're going to say we landed on the moon... :)

There used to be a poster on Ryvals a year or two back where he would say things as fact but would never substantiate any of it. I don't knock people for their info or opinions, but I can see where some can get frustrated asking someone how they know certain info, and the poster being coy or evasive. That being said, if you're a vet of a board you can see where some posters are pretty spot on with their info and have earned the benefit of the doubt.

bnoro said:
Amen brother, only thing i regret is releasing the info i had too early. Because we all know things change in minutes. Throw in Dakari as well, he was on his way here until paypal cal took over.

There used to be a poster on Ryvals a year or two back where he would say things as fact but would never substantiate any of it. I don't knock people for their info or opinions, but I can see where some can get frustrated asking someone how they know certain info, and the poster being coy or evasive. That being said, if you're a vet of a board you can see where some posters are pretty spot on with their info and have earned the benefit of the doubt.

Sounds like Donnie Manhattan, ha.

Amen brother, only thing i regret is releasing the info i had too early. Because we all know things change in minutes. Throw in Dakari as well, he was on his way here until paypal cal took over.
For Dakari , how 's that working out about 4-5 minutes a game? Pay Cal is a user, and fraud, bends the truth a great deal.

I've never understood why people criticize posters for posting info. I appreciate all the inside information and nuggets but I've always been of the opinion that you take it for what's it's worth. This is not CNN, it's a fan board. Things change, recruiting is fluid, you can't read the mind of a 17 year old kid. You appreciate the information because were fans but you cannot take it as gospel. This is entertainment to me.

You get it

Here here OPP. I want to say that I truly appreciate all of you that post tidbits and info that you have on recruiting I get ticked at people that question frequent posters sources all the time and have had to block some of them. Simply put when you read a forum it should be assumed you take everything with a grain of salt and after awhile you learn which posters you need a bag of salt for and which are a single grain at most. I find SU football recruiting incredibly interesting especially with the rebuilding our program and I hope that none of you will be pushed away from posting by trolls. Thanks Guys (and Gals) there's a silent group of us that read more than we post and we appreciate all of you. Go Orange.

I got a question. Lets say we get Ishmael like everyone says. What do you think our WR depth chart will be next year. I been thinking about this in my head for a while but I really don't know. You could do a top 10 or top 5 I really dont care im just wondering the order you think will be for the guys that will be on the field next year. Out of these guys:
1. Ashton Broyld - JR - I know he's a H-Back but he was out wide a lot.
2. Quinta Funderburk - SR
3. Corey Winfield - FR
4. John Kinder - SR - He moved out wide this year.
5. Keenan Hale - JR - I think he's comin back.
6. Brisley Estime - SO - Same thing as Broyld.
7. Adrian Flemming - SR - If he comes back on medical.
8. Jeremiah Kobena - SR
9. Alvin Cornelius - SO
10. Sean Avant - FR
11. Ben Lewis - SO
12. Jarrod West - SR
13. K.J. Williams - FR
14. Steve Ishmael - FR - If you think he's coming here.
15. Corey Cooper - FR
16. Jamal Custis - FR - If you think he'll become a WR
17. Erv Phillips - FR - If you think he'll be like Broyld or Estime.

I got a question. Lets say we get Ishmael like everyone says. What do you think our WR depth chart will be next year. I been thinking about this in my head for a while but I really don't know. You could do a top 10 or top 5 I really dont care im just wondering the order you think will be for the guys that will be on the field next year. Out of these guys:
1. Ashton Broyld - JR - I know he's a H-Back but he was out wide a lot.
2. Quinta Funderburk - SR
3. Corey Winfield - FR
4. John Kinder - SR - He moved out wide this year.
5. Keenan Hale - JR - I think he's comin back.
6. Brisley Estime - SO - Same thing as Broyld.
7. Adrian Flemming - SR - If he comes back on medical.
8. Jeremiah Kobena - SR
9. Alvin Cornelius - SO
10. Sean Avant - FR
11. Ben Lewis - SO
12. Jarrod West - SR
13. K.J. Williams - FR
14. Steve Ishmael - FR - If you think he's coming here.
15. Corey Cooper - FR
16. Jamal Custis - FR - If you think he'll become a WR
17. Erv Phillips - FR - If you think he'll be like Broyld or Estime.

Something has to give. Meanwhile there are only 4 CB's on the roster and that includes Wayne Morgan.