Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

I got a question. Lets say we get Ishmael like everyone says. What do you think our WR depth chart will be next year. I been thinking about this in my head for a while but I really don't know. You could do a top 10 or top 5 I really dont care im just wondering the order you think will be for the guys that will be on the field next year. Out of these guys:
1. Ashton Broyld - JR - I know he's a H-Back but he was out wide a lot.
2. Quinta Funderburk - SR
3. Corey Winfield - FR
4. John Kinder - SR - He moved out wide this year.
5. Keenan Hale - JR - I think he's comin back.
6. Brisley Estime - SO - Same thing as Broyld.
7. Adrian Flemming - SR - If he comes back on medical.
8. Jeremiah Kobena - SR
9. Alvin Cornelius - SO
10. Sean Avant - FR
11. Ben Lewis - SO
12. Jarrod West - SR
13. K.J. Williams - FR
14. Steve Ishmael - FR - If you think he's coming here.
15. Corey Cooper - FR
16. Jamal Custis - FR - If you think he'll become a WR
17. Erv Phillips - FR - If you think he'll be like Broyld or Estime.

Kinder? Wouldn't surprise me if he took his degree and left.

I got a question. Lets say we get Ishmael like everyone says. What do you think our WR depth chart will be next year. I been thinking about this in my head for a while but I really don't know. You could do a top 10 or top 5 I really dont care im just wondering the order you think will be for the guys that will be on the field next year. Out of these guys:
1. Ashton Broyld - JR - I know he's a H-Back but he was out wide a lot.
2. Quinta Funderburk - SR
3. Corey Winfield - FR
4. John Kinder - SR - He moved out wide this year.
5. Keenan Hale - JR - I think he's comin back.
6. Brisley Estime - SO - Same thing as Broyld.
7. Adrian Flemming - SR - If he comes back on medical.
8. Jeremiah Kobena - SR
9. Alvin Cornelius - SO
10. Sean Avant - FR
11. Ben Lewis - SO
12. Jarrod West - SR
13. K.J. Williams - FR
14. Steve Ishmael - FR - If you think he's coming here.
15. Corey Cooper - FR
16. Jamal Custis - FR - If you think he'll become a WR
17. Erv Phillips - FR - If you think he'll be like Broyld or Estime.
With regard to Ashton as a WR, I have yet to see him make a quality catch with his hands. I've seen a number bounce OUT of his hands but nothing caught and retained with out a body hug included. Even Wales show this recently before he got hurt. He finally caught the last few passes to him with his hands which impressed me. The last big catch by Estime in the BC game was such a catch i.e. Twisting ,hands out and catch. Its what IMO defines a quality WR. I would love to seer Winfield on the field. BTW Excellent list. Thanks for the work.Add Flemming to the incoming hands and we are going to have a very potent offense. I can't remember the last time that could be said. :rolleyes:

With regard to Ashton as a WR, I have yet to see him make a quality catch with his hands. I've seen a number bounce OUT of his hands but nothing caught and retained with out a body hug included. Even Wales show this recently before he got hurt. He finally caught the last few passes to him with his hands which impressed me. The last big catch by Estime in the BC game was such a catch i.e. Twisting ,hands out and catch. Its what IMO defines a quality WR. I would love to seer Winfield on the field. BTW Excellent list. Thanks for the work.Add Flemming to the incoming hands and we are going to have a very potent offense. I can't remember the last time that could be said. :rolleyes:
Sure, I'd love to see Winfield over Broyld, who, you know, actually produced this year. Or Flemming, who's never been healthy once.

Sure, I'd love to see Winfield over Broyld, who, you know, actually produced this year. Or Flemming, who's never been healthy once.
Who said anything about "preferences" or the word OVER in their statement? "Heathy in football is a matter of luck in many cases. Its a violent game that encourages body breaking on every play.Some bodies break more easily. Thats not a statement of talent or lack of it. Fleming was showing quite a bit before he went down. Winfield is an unknown quantity so farBroyld still isn't a quality WR as far as making this catches. Remember Van Chew whose body type was about half of Broyld but when the ball hi his hands it stayed there. THATs a quality receiver.

Who said anything about "preferences" or the word OVER in their statement? "Heathy in football is a matter of luck in many cases. Its a violent game that encourages body breaking on every play.Some bodies break more easily. Thats not a statement of talent or lack of it. Fleming was showing quite a bit before he went down. Winfield is an unknown quantity so farBroyld still isn't a quality WR as far as making this catches. Remember Van Chew whose body type was about half of Broyld but when the ball hi his hands it stayed there. THATs a quality receiver.
48 catches for 411 yards tells me he can catch the ball. He really didn't drop that many but don't let that get in the way.

BlackKnight76 said:
Kinder is moving on. Going to play at Stony Brook I believe, could be wrong on the school but he's graduating and playing FCS ball next year.

I would have liked to seen how Kinder would have done if he started at wideout from the beginning.

Kinder is in a video on OAA today helping local kids with Cuse Cares. Seems like a great young man, best of luck to him!

GoSU96 said:
Something has to give. Meanwhile there are only 4 CB's on the roster and that includes Wayne Morgan.

Yeah I think some of the WRs that have proven they have talent knocking passes to the turf this year might find themselves praised for such things on the other side of the ball come spring/next sesson.

Looks like Ishmael is taking an official to USF this weekend. Interesting that Telly Lockette is his main recruiter. Lockette used to coach at Miami Central so has a good relationship.

Also looking to take an official to Cincinatti the week after Syracuse

Looks like Ishmael is taking an official to USF this weekend. Interesting that Telly Lockette is his main recruiter. Lockette used to coach at Miami Central so has a good relationship.

Also looking to take an official to Cincinatti the week after Syracuse

Taking officials to those schools is good for us

Taking officials to those schools is good for us

I agree I don't think we have anything to worry about here, just passing along related info. Always like to see who we beat out :D

Has he decided on a date that he will make a decision? I mean we all hope it will be quickly following the dead period, right after his visit with us of course

I believe it is on NSD. That's not to say the school won't/doesn't know well beforehand

So I checked rivals and scout and were the only visit for Ishmael listed. Before there was talk he wanted to take all 5 ovs. With NSd in February (correct?) and no other visits scheduled, that seems unlikely. Don't want to get cocky, but Ishmael seems all orange. Am I wrong here?

So I checked rivals and scout and were the only visit for Ishmael listed. Before there was talk he wanted to take all 5 ovs. With NSd in February (correct?) and no other visits scheduled, that seems unlikely. Don't want to get cocky, but Ishmael seems all orange. Am I wrong here?
Correct. Ishmael is about as strong an orange lean as there is. OV seems like a formality.