Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

Correct. Important trip.

Stopping in on some '15 and '16 guys too.

Rocco wasn't there a LB down there, Victor Hughes we were looking at too? Any secret names that they are trying to get up for 2/1?

Rocco wasn't there a LB down there, Victor Hughes we were looking at too? Any secret names that they are trying to get up for 2/1?

Pecking order for last LB spot:

Watson
Thomas
Demetrius Johnson
Vic Hughes

They're hoping for Watson or Thomas, I think would take both if they could, but doubtful both would commit.

Frank Newman (Miami Palmetto) and Carl Fuller (King HS - Detroit) could be last minute names who were offered early on.

Hughes may be option 3 if we strike out on Watson and/or Thomas. He's a real dark horse with some MAC interest. 6'2", 200 lb. Something there the staff must like, may have had a good sr season.

Pecking order for last LB spot:

Watson
Thomas
Demetrius Johnson
Vic Hughes

They're hoping for Watson or Thomas, I think would take both if they could, but doubtful both would commit.

Frank Newman (Miami Palmetto) and Carl Fuller (King HS - Detroit) could be last minute names who were offered early on.

Is the reason for having Watson above Thomas because of Thomas' academic concerns? Or is Watson actually a better player in your eyes? I'm honestly unsure how the two compare as players, I just know they are both pretty darned good.

Is the reason for having Watson above Thomas because of Thomas' academic concerns? Or is Watson actually a better player in your eyes? I'm honestly unsure how the two compare as players, I just know they are both pretty darned good.

Watson is much more polished at this point. He could probably play right away. Thomas just started playing football a few seasons ago. He has some work to do technique wise, but is an athletic freak. Either one would be a great pick up imo

I think what we are seeing here is that Coach Moore is tagging along with McDonald as a learning experience. It seems SU is trying to develop Moore further as a recruiter.

If so, that would be really smart. Hope Mcdonald can also introduce him and get him in with some of the important coaches in the area.

Last edited:
I sure as heck would take this guy along with me if I was doing in homes...

• Started at wide receiver at Syracuse (1987-90).
• Set career receiving marks at Syracuse in yardage and touchdowns.
• First player in Syracuse history to surpass 1,000 yards receiving in a single season.
• Member of Syracuse's All-Century Team.
• Earned Associated Press second team All-American Honors (1989).
• Earned Associated Press and Sporting News honorable mention All-American (1988).
• Selected first overall in 1990 NFL supplemental draft.
• Played in the NFL for 12 years (1990-95, New York Jets;1995-02, Arizona Cardinals).
• Selected to the NFL All-Rookie Team.
• Earned All-Pro Honors (1997).
• The Professional Football Writer's Association named him to its All-NFC Team.

• First player in Syracuse history to surpass 1,000 yards receiving in a single season.
• Earned Associated Press and Sporting News honorable mention All-American (1988).
• Played in the NFL for 12 years (1990-95, New York Jets;1995-02, Arizona Cardinals).

That's all the proof I need ;)

Not to mention was a big part of bringing us into the big picture and a perineal top 25 team for yaers to come...

Moore doesn't really need to be a good recruiter. He just needs to be able to hand WR's that list right there and say "if you want to be the best, you have to learn from the best. If you think you can find a better coach elsewhere, good luck. We'll be waiting for you at SU"

Correct. Important trip.

Stopping in on some '15 and '16 guys too.

So Rocco what happened on the visit to Enoicy? Based upon your posts about coaches thoughts I am assuming you have some info. Thanks.

If this kid doesn't come here, I will be perplexed to say the least.

With that being said, Louisville is making a major, major push for him right now. Petrino back in town, he knows a bunch of the coaches and players there and has already said he knows he will like it there when he visits. Might get a little closer than we want. Just an FYI.

Still say he ends up Orange on 2/5. The staff feeling good about that...

With that being said, Louisville is making a major, major push for him right now. Petrino back in town, he knows a bunch of the coaches and players there and has already said he knows he will like it there when he visits. Might get a little closer than we want. Just an FYI.

Don't worry...be happy.

Quick, somebody send that photo of the bloodied, neck-braced Petrino to Ishmael's mom, with an appropriate caption.

Quick, somebody send that photo of the bloodied, neck-braced Petrino to Ishmael's mom, with an appropriate caption.

Ha, Petrino isn't the one to worry about. It's Louisville ass't Lamar Thomas, who is a player in the SoFL recruiting scene. Major player.

Ha, Petrino isn't the one to worry about. It's Louisville ass't Lamar Thomas, who is a player in the SoFL recruiting scene. Major player.
Old WR from the U and NFL.