Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

javadoc said:
Is he the guy with the limp-wristed throwing motion?

That would be Lamar Latrell and he's a pretty good rapper as well.

Steve has essentially been a silent verbal since before Christmas and you come in and say "I've got a bad feelin". That just stirs up a thread when it isn't necessary. Your 'feelin' here is what's unfound.

Not for nothing, but people are allowed to have feelings and get nervous. a big time prospect like Ishmael, nobody on the staff should be feel he is locked in, until he actually signs (or at least announces that he is committing to us). There is no reason to attack him because our biggest recruit still not officially locked in shopping around.

If you know different, thats great let us know, because a whole crap load of us can't be nearly as locked in as some on the board, and this is our only place to find out whats up, where as others have contacts within the recruiting community normal people just don't have.

Not for nothing, but people are allowed to have feelings and get nervous. a big time prospect like Ishmael, nobody on the staff should be feel he is locked in, until he actually signs (or at least announces that he is committing to us). There is no reason to attack him because our biggest recruit still not officially locked in shopping around.

If you know different, thats great let us know, because a whole crap load of us can't be nearly as locked in as some on the board, and this is our only place to find out whats up, where as others have contacts within the recruiting community normal people just don't have.

I think is what he saying, is people want to recruit better and this is part of recruiting better, holding kids off until the last minute versus bigger schools, good schools with good tradition and winning programs. Here we are talking about a kid with a solid connection to the staff especially GMC, who everybody knows is buddies with the coach and appears to be a so called silent verbal and people retreat in to the CNY negativity when the kid decides to take his last visit, its BS. Suck it up or don't play. People are such pussies around here, the negativity is insane. We have our own former NFL receiver coaching the spot as well. but, but but...

Put your big boy pants on and yes kids flip!!!!! get use to it but it appears that we are pretty solid here, pretty solid. That said, happens. It's recruiting of 17-18 year old kids, what do you expect. I am sure the staff is recruiting the kid as hard as humanly possible. I think many here way underestimate how hard these guys work and the grind. Their livelihood and their families security is tied to it. Geeze. It's not easy and yes we are a bit undermanned here versus some of the big boys, failure to accept that is insane

The staff is counting on him signing next Wednesday. I bet some of you think "Conspiracy Theory" is the greatest movie ever.

"this aggression will not stand, man"

jeez, take it easy folks. some people just can't help themselves but panic. gotta let in the good and block out the bad. feel the flow.

I think is what he saying, is people want to recruit better and this is part of recruiting better, holding kids off until the last minute versus bigger schools, good schools with good tradition and winning programs. Here we are talking about a kid with a solid connection to the staff especially GMC, who everybody knows is buddies with the coach and appears to be a so called silent verbal and people retreat in to the CNY negativity when the kid decides to take his last visit, its BS. Suck it up or don't play. People are such pussies around here, the negativity is insane.

Can I get an Amen?

Ha, Petrino isn't the one to worry about. It's Louisville ass't Lamar Thomas, who is a player in the SoFL recruiting scene. Major player.

Unless he offers him a ride on his motorcycle while he's down there!

I didn't attack him at all, I just told him he doesn't know anything about recruiting. Me, rocco, anomander, and the rest of the people that are really clued in have been saying this for a while, so that's where he should be taking that info from. Not his own nerves.

I didn't attack him at all, I just told him he doesn't know anything about recruiting. Me, rocco, anomander, and the rest of the people that are really clued in have been saying this for a while, so that's where he should be taking that info from. Not his own nerves.

Though you may have forgotten more than I know about Syracuse football recruiting, I'm still allowed to have nerves. If your opinion is as important as it seems, people will ignore my post and find reassurance in yours. I'm allowed to post, until this becomes a pay side.

And I know some about recruiting. I'm around these kids age, I think just like some of them. At a time I was lightly recruited for a sport so I have some knowledge of the process. I'm also friends with several kids who have been/or are being recruited by Syracuse University.

I value your contributions greatly, and know that you're a far more trustworthy source, but I am not clueless.

Though you may have forgotten more than I know about Syracuse football recruiting, I'm still allowed to have nerves. If your opinion is as important as it seems, people will ignore my post and find reassurance in yours. I'm allowed to post, until this becomes a pay side.

And I know some about recruiting. I'm around these kids age, I think just like some of them. At a time I was lightly recruited for a sport so I have some knowledge of the process. I'm also friends with several kids who have been/or are being recruited by Syracuse University.

I value your contributions greatly, and know that you're a far more trustworthy source, but I am not clueless.
It's not my opinion.

And I never said you weren't allowed to post, there's just no need to wind people up.

It's not my opinion.

And I never said you weren't allowed to post, there's just no need to wind people up.

*Your knowledge

you don't need to be clued in to know about this one...

My fault, he had a right to be abrasive.

I'll keep concerns to myself unless I have ample info to back it up.

I think the real issue is tact in all of this.

You can say not to be worried - and you can say certain things that you know. Nobody would ever take offense to it.

But the way you say it is abrasive. And you come across as pompous.

Just sayin'.

Honestly as a female of a certain age...old enough to be a lot of these posters Mom .. and as a business owner I can say that I never find Bnoros posts to be abrasive or pompous, rather just direct and to the point. Everyone has a different style. You don't have to read his posts if you find them offensive but you would probably be missing out on some excellent info. Just sayin.

Trueblue25 said:
My fault, he had a right to be abrasive. I'll keep concerns to myself unless I have ample info to back it up.

I think that's how the recruiting side differs. When you say you have a bad feeling about a football game, people read that as your opinion. Recruiting? It makes everyone wonder what you know.

You can have an opinion, just preface it with "I have no info" - and give more on why you feel that way.

Honestly as a female of a certain age...old enough to be a lot of these posters Mom .. and as a business owner I can say that I never find Bnoros posts to be abrasive or pompous, rather just direct and too the point. Everyone has a different style. You don't have to read his posts if you find them offensive but you would probably be missing out on some excellent info. Just sayin.

I do read them and gain information from them. Which I appreciate.

With all due respect, you have one perspective - I have a different one. You're not alone in your view and I know, judging by this thread, I'm not alone either.

The person that posted "I've got a bad feelin" doesn't need to be told he/she "doesn't know anything" about anything. That person has just as much right to have a feeling about anything as bnoro has a right to have his own information and post something. Just because you know something more doesn't mean you need to belittle the person that posted without inside info.

A simple "No need to worry, we're in great shape as has been said all along ;)" would have sufficed. But the attack about not knowing anything absolutely is abrasive and pompous.

Honestly as a female of a certain age...old enough to be a lot of these posters Mom .. and as a business owner I can say that I never find Bnoros posts to be abrasive or pompous, rather just direct and to the point. Everyone has a different style. You don't have to read his posts if you find them offensive but you would probably be missing out on some excellent info. Just sayin.

CuseLegacy, you are one of my favorites and class acts on this board, thanks for that!! I know 3 posters personally on Syracusefan.com because we all graduated from Syracuse in the early 1990's. The three of us also have strong relationships with former players including one the best LB's ever to wear a SU jersey. I also own my business(es) and can be a father to some of posters (scary). You are right, you don't have to read a bnoro post or any other post you choose not too. BUT, this is an open forum and folks should be able to write about their opinions/feelings as long as its respectful to the others including: athletes, (recruits/SU athletes) other posters. I am not sure everyone feels that way. The tone of some (retaliatory) when there are statements that may be wrong, contrarian or "silly" are not just "direct" and "to the point". I appreciate the insight of so many folks on this forum. After an eternity in NYC, I now get my SU fix from this forum vs. the land of UT here in Dallas.. I sit in front of 6 computer monitors, so one of course a click away from SU!

Last edited:
CuseLegacy, you are one of my favorites and class acts on this board, thanks for that!! I know 3 posters personally on Syracusefan.com because we all graduated from Syracuse in the early 1990's. The three of us also have strong relationships with former players including one the best LB's ever to wear a SU jersey. I also own my business(es) and can be a father to some of posters (scary). You are right, you don't have to read a bnoro post or any other post you choose not too. BUT, this is an open forum and folks should be able to write about their opinions/feelings as long as its respectful to the others including: athletes, (recruits/SU athletes) other posters. I am not sure everyone feels that way. The tone of some (retaliatory) when there are statements that may be wrong, contrarian or "silly" are not just "direct" and "to the point". I appreciate the insight of so many folks on this forum. After an eternity in NYC, I now get my SU fix from this forum vs. the land of UT here in Dallas.. I sit in front is 6 computer monitors, so one of course a click away from SU!

Thanks T. I know better, I should just have stayed out of this "cat fight".