Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

Hey OE, is there an article about that Lville visit? I think were still in really good shape here but I cant shake that concern about something going down late we wont like. Fingers crossed!

with petrino involved i'm nervous to. the guy is dirty and anything can happen.

i've said in the past promising true frosh playing time being bad business but i have no doubt they've told Steve he'll be a day one ptp-er if not a starter and I'm ok with that.

with petrino involved i'm nervous to. the guy is dirty and anything can happen.

i've said in the past promising true frosh playing time being bad business but i have no doubt they've told Steve he'll be a day one ptp-er if not a starter and I'm ok with that.
That's the problem with 18 yr old FB players who are coveted. They are just that, 18 yrs old and vulnerable. I'm sure he's heard all the glitz and winning upside of Petrino, too. Hell, the L'ville fans bought into it...AGAIN. He's got to trust his advisors, his family and his gut. He knows what he's got in SU, and should be convinced by now, that SU's solid for him for a variety of positive reasons.

as someone else mentioned it's probably a good sign the louisville writer over at 247 predicted SU yesterday as of about 2pm.

We're not used to getting so many players we actually want. Seems like something has to go wrong and yet nothing has.

truth... I can only think of a few players that I would think the staff wanted badly that they missed on... Sykes, Brosnan, Zeek, Holley (maybe). And I'm not talking about kids who maybe popped up and we gave it the ole college try. Kids like Watson would have been great, but were not ambitiously sought after from the beginning. I imagine there were a few others that I am missing, but all in all a great year by our staff. especially if both Ish and Ward sign on Wednesday!

truth... I can only think of a few players that I would think the staff wanted badly that they missed on... Sykes, Brosnan, Zeek, Holley (maybe). And I'm not talking about kids who maybe popped up and we gave it the ole college try. Kids like Watson would have been great, but were not ambitiously sought after from the beginning. I imagine there were a few others that I am missing, but all in all a great year by our staff. especially if both Ish and Ward sign on Wednesday!

Yeah who really knows what the number is but for the large part the kids we're signing are kid's we've been recruiting for the last 12 months or longer.

Sykes, Brosnan, Zeek, Holley...and you could probably add Witter and some others but of kids we invested a lot of time into the losses were few.

Ish is Orange. It would be floored if he went anywhere else. Floored.
We have George, who his High School coach trusts, and likewise his parents trust. We also have his 2 friends, Alin Edouard, and Juwan Dowels, and Louisville has a Head Coach who rides motorcycles with ladies.

Other than a few high-end, but ambitious recruiting goals, like Holley, I can't think of too many heartbreaking loses. I'll put Sykes up there because the kid was genuinely leaning our way before ND swooped in. Cabinda's flip was off-set by Thomas, who prolly has better upside than Jason. But our LB class is awesome, so no complaints here on losing out on Sykes, Cabinda or even Watson. We got Ward late and he off-set any early on possibilities, like Brosnon, or even Beau. Losing Rodney was a disappointment, but the 2 DTs we're getting in Harvey and Samuels, are only a slight notch below Zeek, and both are bigger. Remember, too, there's a known qualifying issue with Rodney. Anyways, none of the 3 DTs mentioned here are impact, plug 'n play types. Personally, I would have liked to have seen another RB perhaps(Ish Witter?), another OL, an impact DT, maybe a 5th LB, and a big corner the likes of Whigham. But this is only a wish list, and I'm giddy as a schoolboy with what we prospectively have coming in per this year's class.

Last edited:
for a long long time

Cuse fans RE: Ishmael's commitment
upload_2014-2-3_14-34-25.jpeg

UofL picked up two WR commits from this weekend plus the two other verbals they already had, although one is soft.

We are fine with Ish and we will know officially at 8AM EST tomorrow. Should be a nice way to start signing day

I'm 95% sure he wanted that held until tomorrow, and like always, Syracuse.com screwed it up. Embarrassment for the site to ruin a kid's big moment but hey, anything for pageviews.

I'm 95% sure he wanted that held until tomorrow, and like always, Syracuse.com screwed it up. Embarrassment for the site to ruin a kid's big moment but hey, anything for pageviews.

I thought it was odd they actually broke a story. Figures.

Eric White, McDonald, and Cole Dial were all tweeting about good news happening today so I'm not sure this is the case.

TOS said they asked him to hold the article until tomorrow. Steve hasn't tweeted about it. I'm gonna bet that they were supposed to hold it.