Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

dont tell me what to do.
images

Do you think he's going to play as a true freshman? I hope so.
It all comes down to camp but I would expect at least 1 of the Cooper/Ishmael/Williams crew to play next year.

It all comes down to camp but I would expect at least 1 of the Cooper/Ishmael/Williams crew to play next year.

Don't know what to "expect" from those players, but I am hoping that at least 2 of them see the field next year because we need an influx of talent at WR.

this seriously might be one of my favorite tapes since i started following recruiting heavily. can't wait to see him in orange next season.

Hate to label people, but he seems to be a can't miss prospect. The only concern at this point is adding a little strength so he can get off the LOS. But technique wise, route running, etc makes me feel he will be a contributor next season.

nice tid bit. must be a TE/H-back. i had a hunch he might be a good fit there.

I'm very interested to see what McDonald has in store for the TE position in his offense. It's clear he has much more planned for the position then what we showed this season. I liked Wales, and Parris, but it is clear by the kids we are recruiting for the position that he wants a totally different skill set for the position. I think Custis has the ability to play early and often if he is able to get the playbook down. Physically the kid is ready to go.

Hate to label people, but he seems to be a can't miss prospect. The only concern at this point is adding a little strength so he can get off the LOS. But technique wise, route running, etc makes me feel he will be a contributor next season.

I'm very interested to see what McDonald has in store for the TE position in his offense. It's clear he has much more planned for the position then what we showed this season. I liked Wales, and Parris, but it is clear by the kids we are recruiting for the position that he wants a totally different skill set for the position. I think Custis has the ability to play early and often if he is able to get the playbook down. Physically the kid is ready to go.
Don't count out Batten, I think he qualified for the states as a sprinter in Florida

Well *when* he picks Syracuse I hope he opens with 'Call me Orange'. OK maybe he hasn't read Moby Dick yet. ;)

I bet some of you think "Conspiracy Theory" is the greatest movie ever.

The part where they tape Mel Gibson's eyes wide open was pretty cool. But yeah, that was about it.

Speculation or inside info?

Do you have any idea if the reported 4.38 forty is accurate?
I don't trust any reported 40 times on the sites because they are faster than the fastest pros at the combine.

We recruited Custis as an Aaron Hernandez (for lack of better comparison) type TE, same with Enoicy/Batten

I don't trust any reported 40 times on the sites because they are faster than the fastest pros at the combine.

We recruited Custis as an Aaron Hernandez (for lack of better comparison) type TE, same with Enoicy/Batten

Obviously the staff has plans, but I wish we would at least let Custis fail at WR before making him a TE. With his ridiculous size, if he has the speed to be a WR, he would give us a gigantic advantage outside. At least in the middle of the field his size is somewhat less valuable due to the constant traffic. Not that its a bad thing to have a big man at the TE spot, I just think as a WR he could be even more deadly.

Obviously the staff has plans, but I wish we would at least let Custis fail at WR before making him a TE. With his ridiculous size, if he has the speed to be a WR, he would give us a gigantic advantage outside. At least in the middle of the field his size is somewhat less valuable due to the constant traffic. Not that its a bad thing to have a big man at the TE spot, I just think as a WR he could be even more deadly.
If you think he's going to be Kelvin Benjamin you're wrong. He'll be a quality addition but nothing of that caliber. He's a TE.